Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You'll soon be commenting, it's too difficult to keep quiet! Please do reply to Himdia, he blocks anyone with an atom of common sense and being blocked by him is a Terf badge of honour šŸ˜.
(Has the "block" button actually been removed? I know Elon likes to drop outrageous "suggestions", so I'm not sure that he's really going to do this?)
I tried but he only allows people he knows to reply to his misogynistic drivel. I even followed him which made me feel sick but still couldnā€™t post a comment. I so wanted to tell him heā€™d spelt boy wrong šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Re the chess thing
Apparently the idea behind the womenā€™s category is well intended. There arenā€™t half as many women interested in chess as men. If women had entered competitions then they would have been roundly beaten by the vastly more experienced men. The womanā€™s category was started to encourage more women to play.

Reactions: 25
Thatā€™s the thing I find very odd about companies that sell products primarily bought by women who court the trans/gender fluid sector: such men are likely a tiny part of the target market, so where is the business sense in alienating your primary customer base?
They'll find out when they go tits-up in two years time......

Reactions: 6
I thought when I was much younger there was scientific investigation into the different brain types and different ways of thinking between men and women. It was a generalisation, and It may have been completely disproved by now?

But Im fairly certain we were taught there were differences between how men and women processed information, so that male brains process concepts around maths and science ,which includes analytical games like chess, differently to women. Which could be a reason why men and women need seperate chess games in the early stages?
Womens brains are wired to see things in more general terms, to consider emotions as well as practical and logical solutions. It also relates to things like pregnancy and childcare, and even I suppose to hormonal changes from menstruation etc.

Its hard because on one level I do believe in equality between the sexes, especially for careers and jobs etc, but I do think our sex creates differences between us. Often because of hormonal differences, and things like pregnancy breaks and difficulties in pursuing careers if you have childcare committments.
I think genetically, physically and emotionally women are different from men. The problem has been that historically that difference has been seen as a weakness rather than a difference. And there we have the patriarchy in all its glory. Women are not inferior just different, of course we are. We are bloody magnificent, as GG says there is nothing feminine about childbirth. It is arduous, physically demanding, yet men have just seen it as a woman thing, weak.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Iā€™ve joined Twitter just so I can follow all the GC accounts. Havenā€™t braved commenting on anything yet. But Himdiaā€™s tweet about ā€œever since I was a little girlā€ in relation to womenā€™s football is tempting me into reminding him he was never a little girl! I hate him so much it canā€™t be doing me any good!
I know it's one of a million utterly brain dead things that man has said, but isn't it sad and extraordinary that we live in a world where he can say 'ever since I was a little girl' and people are supposed to accept it as fact. šŸ˜”

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Had a quick browse through Indiaā€™s Instaā€¦ā€¦

Any argument to be made for trans ā€œrightsā€ was lost on my with the ā€œwe are the new suffragettesā€ line.

Only a man could be that arrogant.
They will never lose the male entitlement.

Reactions: 19
Yes, but when sales figures show a downturn and the shareholders get tetchy, then there will presumably be a review of marketing strategies in order to identify why customers are being lost.

Is ā€˜the rainbow poundā€™ really a viable market share, or is it primarily hypothetical? I donā€™t believe that the corporations who comprise the major shareholders of Bud Lite believe in ā€˜the rainbow poundā€™ or are happy to accept ā€˜virtue pointsā€™ when theyā€™re faced with a 14% drop in share price and a revenue loss of $395 million.
They are capitalists and anti capitalists at the same time. They obviously think their virtue signalling is worth 395 mill šŸ„“ I don't get why they just don't sell the business if they hate making money. Same as all the other businesses coming out with all this crap.

Reactions: 6
I know it's one of a million utterly brain dead things that man has said, but isn't it sad and extraordinary that we live in a world where he can say 'ever since I was a little girl' and people are supposed to accept it as fact. šŸ˜”
It really is. Itā€™s total madness and it made me angry and also incredibly upset because how bloody dare he? He was a boy! He must acknowledge that surely? Or are we meant to erase his history now as well as believe his delusion? Iā€™m 60 bloody years old and I am monumentally pissed about all of these ludicrous DEEPLY OFFENSIVE men in frocks nonsense šŸ˜”
---
Iā€™m on a roll now! Thatā€™s another thing that enraged me, being offended. The very worst crime you can commit these days seems to be offending someone. Well Iā€™m offended!! Iā€™m offended by men who think badly applying lipstick a cheap wig and tarty clothes makes them a woman! duck off! You offend me every damn day. Should I call 999?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I thought when I was much younger there was scientific investigation into the different brain types and different ways of thinking between men and women. It was a generalisation, and It may have been completely disproved by now?

But Im fairly certain we were taught there were differences between how men and women processed information, so that male brains process concepts around maths and science ,which includes analytical games like chess, differently to women. Which could be a reason why men and women need seperate chess games in the early stages?
Womens brains are wired to see things in more general terms, to consider emotions as well as practical and logical solutions. It also relates to things like pregnancy and childcare, and even I suppose to hormonal changes from menstruation etc.

Its hard because on one level I do believe in equality between the sexes, especially for careers and jobs etc, but I do think our sex creates differences between us. Often because of hormonal differences, and things like pregnancy breaks and difficulties in pursuing careers if you have childcare committments.
Equality doesn't mean identical though. There are very clear evolutionary differences between Men and Women and we should embrace and celebrate those differences, not pretend they don't exist or think that it makes Women inferior in any way. Evolution has one goal, to survive and thrive in an environment and both sexes are designed to do just that together.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This seems to be from 2008 (the past is a foreign country). None of these people have come forward to support women/GCs (Sean Locke RIP is probably the only one who would have done so). And Dara O'Briain has been critical of Graham Linehan (@Glinner on Twitter)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I want to know what skin Robin Ince has in the game, He has gone SO FAR down the TRA rabbit hole now. This tweet wound me right up. We all know how much of a dick he was to Gia Milinovic.

Reactions: 4
I want to know what skin Robin Ince has in the game, He has gone SO FAR down the TRA rabbit hole now. This tweet wound me right up. We all know how much of a dick he was to Gia Milinovic.
He's now supporting LGBT Youth Scotland - a youth group accused of abusing children with a former CEO who ran a paedophile ring in Scotland šŸ˜§

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Who is Jordan Gray?
The one who got his cock out on that channel 4 thing
---
He's now supporting LGBT Youth Scotland - a youth group accused of abusing children with a former CEO who ran a paedophile ring in Scotland šŸ˜§

It does feel like that whole ā€˜6 degrees of separationā€™ thing is more like ā€˜never more than 3 degrees from any TRA to a nonceā€™ doesnā€™t it.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The one who got his cock out on that channel 4 thing
---

It does feel like that whole ā€˜6 degrees of separationā€™ thing is more like ā€˜never more than 3 degrees from any TRA to a nonceā€™ doesnā€™t it.
I must have missed that...thankfully. I think I might have read about it though...
---
I don't use Twitter but I saw the Himdia post mentioned on FB.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I must have missed that...thankfully. I think I might have read about it though...
---
I don't use Twitter but I saw the Himdia post mentioned on FB.
I very much doubt that back when Jonathan was a "little girl" (šŸ„“) he had any idea that women even played football, let alone had their very own World Cup competition.
I'm the same age as him and I can remember one of my primary school classmates asking our PE teacher if we could have a girls football team, as the boys didn't like playing with girls (girls were "rubbish at tackling" and "too slow"...even 10 year olds knew that the differences between the sexes actually mattered in sport) Our rather enlightened teacher said that if she could find enough girls who wanted to play, then he would coach them at lunchtime and after school. She did, and so he did. I didn't play, football wasn't my thing, but lots of girls did want to play. There were no other schools locally who had girls playing football, so there were no tournaments or away games. It's been fantastic to see how well our women's team has played in the World Cup, but let's be clear. Jonathan is still a man, no matter what false memories he posts on Twitter šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I was just looking at historic records of the top 100 baby names on the ONS website. The nearest year they have on record to Himdiaā€™s year of birth (1965) is 1964. That year, Jonathan was the 27th most popular boy's name. The corresponding 27th most popular girlā€˜s name was Nicola. I doubt there were any little girls born in the UK named India in 1965. Why donā€™t these male TRAs ever choose a name that is commensurate with the era they were born in?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.