Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why don’t these male TRAs ever choose a name that is commensurate with the era they were born in?
It’s always sexy/cutesy/ultra-feminine names. You don’t see many men transitioning to ‘Maud’ or ‘Bertha’ as a true expression of their inner self.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
On the subject of Chess, my opinion is that men pretending to be women shouldn't be allowed into the women's category... purely for the fact that they aren't women. Nothing else.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the legal team or civil servants that advise the government. They must have long worked out that the GRA does not sit with the rights of women and children and that the only way is to repeal it.

Reactions: 10
Lots of talk about the Lionesses, mentioned on Zoe Balls show but no mention of this Woman who is a winner (That is a bit petty but I'm raging, KJT is a phenomenal athlete and she deserves recognition (also a good friend of Jodie Cromer)
World Athletics Championships: Katarina Johnson-Thompson says second world heptathlon gold 'dream come true' - BBC Sport
World Athletics Championships 2023: How Katarina Johnson-Thompson won heptathlon gold - BBC Sport
World Athletics Championships 2023: Katarina Johnson-Thompson wins heptathlon gold in tense 800m - BBC Sport

Athletics and Tennis are the 2 sports that have as much exposure for Women as Men and Hockey, whilst not a mainstream sport, is also on an equal footing to the Men.
---
I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the legal team or civil servants that advise the government. They must have long worked out that the GRA does not sit with the rights of women and children and that the only way is to repeal it.
It's probably them that have been pushing it.

Reactions: 11
So happy for KJT, was gutting for her when she was injured. Excellent results and yes, the athletics coverage has been minimal for the worlds, is it on tv? I’ve seen no ads.

Reactions: 15
So happy for KJT, was gutting for her when she was injured. Excellent results and yes, the athletics coverage has been minimal for the worlds, is it on tv? I’ve seen no ads.
I was watching it all weekend, not sure which channel but it was great. Watched the footie too so have achieved very little otherwise.

Reactions: 5
I’ve been watching that programme painkiller on Netflix about the rise of the narcotic OxyContin and how it ruined so many lives all so big pharma (hate that phrase but it fits here) could make obscene amounts of money. With no care for the lives it harmed. I can envisage a similar Netflix show in 10 or 15 years about gender ‘medication’ and the ease of prescribing it but even worse is the surgeries with Frankenstein type characters like that Irish lunatic surgeon. All they can see is dollar signs and screw the lives they harm. The line about OxyContin that got me was the medical reps were quoting a study that said only 1% of users of the drug got addicted to it. This was entirely false statement taken out of context from a letter written to a medical journal. There was no study or actual research done. It is now a banned substance in the US as it’s as addictive as heroin. Once only prescribed to end of life patients it was then given to anyone who said they were in pain.

Does this sound familiar? The 1% regret rate for those who transition - where does this stat come from? How much follow up is done after body parts have been removed and hormones prescribed (a life long prescription which in the US means life long profit). How much money would these pharmaceutical companies and doctors lose if they stopped prescribing to every gender confused person and actually took the time to give them proper therapy? Given to literally anyone who says ‘I’m trans’, same way OxyContin was given to literally anyone in pain.

It’s a quick fix to a persons problems (in the eyes of the doctors) and money is made. Of course they are going to push the trans rights are human rights nonsensical mantra. No one ever said trans people were not human. They create a fake problem and come up with a fake solution. It’s so transparent and so many people have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
When you think of the way government, industry and more specifically the pharma sector has manipulated the population by their massively successful marketing campaigns it's wonder we're not all practically comatose.

Just off the top of my head; Nicotine, alcohol, seed oil, 'fat is the enemy' leading to sugars in everything, ultra high processed foods, unregulated glyphosate, oxycontin, diabetes drugs, trans surgeries and lifelong hormones....

I'm no conspiracy theorist but the 'powers that be' do not have our best interests at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When you think of the way government, industry and more specifically the pharma sector has manipulated the population by their massively successful marketing campaigns it's wonder we're not all practically comatose.

Just off the top of my head; Nicotine, alcohol, seed oil, 'fat is the enemy' leading to sugars in everything, ultra high processed foods, unregulated glyphosate, oxycontin, diabetes drugs, trans surgeries and lifelong hormones....

I'm no conspiracy theorist but the 'powers that be' do not have our best interests at heart.
I think this is where evolution kicks in. There are some that will do those things and others that never will. The ones that do them will likely die hence leaving the strongest to survive.
Discounting youths of course who are often targeted because their brain isn't fully mature which is obviously as we are seeing, very sad.

Reactions: 9
I’ve been watching that programme painkiller on Netflix about the rise of the narcotic OxyContin and how it ruined so many lives all so big pharma (hate that phrase but it fits here) could make obscene amounts of money. With no care for the lives it harmed. I can envisage a similar Netflix show in 10 or 15 years about gender ‘medication’ and the ease of prescribing it but even worse is the surgeries with Frankenstein type characters like that Irish lunatic surgeon. All they can see is dollar signs and screw the lives they harm. The line about OxyContin that got me was the medical reps were quoting a study that said only 1% of users of the drug got addicted to it. This was entirely false statement taken out of context from a letter written to a medical journal. There was no study or actual research done. It is now a banned substance in the US as it’s as addictive as heroin. Once only prescribed to end of life patients it was then given to anyone who said they were in pain.

Does this sound familiar? The 1% regret rate for those who transition - where does this stat come from? How much follow up is done after body parts have been removed and hormones prescribed (a life long prescription which in the US means life long profit). How much money would these pharmaceutical companies and doctors lose if they stopped prescribing to every gender confused person and actually took the time to give them proper therapy? Given to literally anyone who says ‘I’m trans’, same way OxyContin was given to literally anyone in pain.

It’s a quick fix to a persons problems (in the eyes of the doctors) and money is made. Of course they are going to push the trans rights are human rights nonsensical mantra. No one ever said trans people were not human. They create a fake problem and come up with a fake solution. It’s so transparent and so many people have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.
I watched it too and completely agree with your analysis. Just swap “pain” for “trans” and there you have it. If you are of a mind to know more about the Sacklers I’d recommend the book Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keene. It’s the whole story of the Sacklers and how OxyContin came into being. It’s fascinating and terrifying in equal measure.
---
I watched it too and completely agree with your analysis. Just swap “pain” for “trans” and there you have it. If you are of a mind to know more about the Sacklers I’d recommend the book Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keene. It’s the whole story of the Sacklers and how OxyContin came into being. It’s fascinating and terrifying in equal measure.
Sorry typo Patrick Radden Keefe

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I thought the exact same thing after watching ‘Dopesick’ (also about the OxyContin scandal, it’s on Disney+ and is an excellent insight into the machinations of the US healthcare system): invent a ‘medical condition’, convince huge swathes of society that they suffer from this medical condition, market the ‘miracle cure’ for this condition at a huge mark up, become extremely wealthy.

Pecuniary and sexual benefit are the primary motivations in human behaviour, and the recent explosion of ‘gender identity’ issues is no different.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I thought the exact same thing after watching ‘Dopesick’ (also about the OxyContin scandal, it’s on Disney+ and is an excellent insight into the machinations of the US healthcare system): invent a ‘medical condition’, convince huge swathes of society that they suffer from this medical condition, market the ‘miracle cure’ for this condition at a huge mark up, become extremely wealthy.

Pecuniary and sexual benefit are the primary motivations in human behaviour, and the recent explosion of ‘gender identity’ issues is no different.
I watched Dopesick as well, and its a scary programme. So many warning signs and warning voices were ignored or paid off.

its scary, because oxycontin was/is so addictive, so there were an awful lot of 'normal' people who took or who were prescribed the drug as a simple painkiller, along the lines of a slightly stronger paracetamol, and who then got addicted ridiculously fast. And then because it was/is addictive it looked as if it was extremely hard to wean one self off of it. So many lives ruined, especiallly those of teenagers who took it for fun, and ended up dead.

Reactions: 10
It's on bbc 1 or 2 each day, full coverage of all sessions. If you look at the World Athletics Champs website you can see the session timings and I keep checking but the BBC are covering it all. Some days there is just an afternoon/evening session, like today. We've been setting it to record tthough, then binging in the evenings, fast-forwarding through some of the preliminary heats etc. KJ-T' s win yesterday was brilliant. 🥇

Reactions: 5

You're right, this'll probably happen. We are already seeing the beginnings of it with cases slowly coming to light of lives being ruined because of puberty blockers and surgeries.

Reactions: 12
Just saw this...makes me so angry. I would never vote for this bunch of idiots in a million years.
(Going by the headline) If THAT were true, imagine how much research and knowledge we'd have about the reproductive system of women!
/snark

I would never vote for those twerps either.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.