Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
Culcheth is a nice area , but Cheshire can be quite , old fashioned. I'm wondering if it's something like the Alex Rodda case that also happened in Cheshire. The murderer was closeted had a girlfriend and had been sleeping with him , he was terrified it would get out , he had been giving money to Alex then bludgeoned him to death. It will come out what happened.
I watched a documentary about the Alex Rodda case, his family were absolutely heartbroken. Tragic.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Ensay

VIP Member
Tell that to Owen Jones who used to continually use Tommy Robinson's previous name
I think that's different considering he only changed his name to mask his criminal history. In fact, he's had multiple names for the same reason.

MiamooMoo

VIP Member
I would be offended as a cisginger(?!)
Aw sorry, we need to keep the ginger line going! I’ve a tinge of ginge when colour not fresh! But it was a cracking line in fairness. Much love to the original Ginger’s. 🥰
But anytime now I hear transgender all I’ll hear is cartman 😁

• Haha

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
Just out of curiosity, would a death certificate for a trans person use their birth name or new name if it hasn't legally been changed? Or are the family feelings taken into consideration?

emm

VIP Member
Anyone else watching Question Time? Thank god Lionel shriver has mentioned the gender issue in her loss in popularity!!!
Sorry badly written , I meant loss.in popularity related to sturgeon, obviously

SnoopySnooper86

Chatty Member
Not a big deal in the scheme of things but I've received an outright ban from a Reddit community I've been an active member of for years. I don't tend to start threads but enjoy participating in discussion and seemed to get along well with everybody.
The mods have been getting more and more hardline (furious scolding and sarcastic, unnecessary reminders about TERFs) which I tried to look past in order to enjoy people's contributions. Tonight I've been told I broke a rule. No strike, no temporary ban. A permanent ban. I tried to politely apologise and appeal but was rudely rebuked.

It really was a minor infraction not intended with any malice. Nothing to do with trans or gender ideology 😁 I know Reddit has been this way for ages but I'm so fed up I've been excommunicated from a community I helped establish (possibly before this mod was even on the scene). It was a good community of people with a shared interest. It's left a bad taste in my mouth, I think I'll be giving Reddit a wide berth from now on and spending a bit more time over here!
Any idea what you said that was “offensive”?

no-no

VIP Member
Is anyone else getting bombarded with India Willoughby tweets? I don’t follow them and they are always on my timeline lately, apparently because I follow Martin Lewis 🤣 I know you get recommendations but it’s every time I open Twitter.

Cantthinkofausername

I had to read so far down to figure out who was protesting what 🙄

ETA: They changed their headline, but still
---

Do you mean Bowie's white suit? Yeah, nah. The fuck
No, this one

Ensay

VIP Member
Just out of curiosity, would a death certificate for a trans person use their birth name or new name if it hasn't legally been changed? Or are the family feelings taken into consideration?
According to the below website, the Registrar does have some discretion. So presumably if the family wanted a new name to be recorded, the Registrar could allow it, even without a GRC. I expect there would still need to be some link to the person's previous/original name for legal reasons, though.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I've already said on the Scottish independence thread, that I think would generally agree with Kate's views. He just won't admit it in public!!!