Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ensay

VIP Member
This isn't the first time you've held JK to a higher standard than the people literally threatening her and comparing her with Nazis.

How about people just not tweet horrible and untrue things about her? Surely that's actually the petty shit you should be calling out.
It's not about holding her to a higher standard, I hold everyone to the same standard. I should make it clear that I think insults and accusations on Twitter definitely aren't OK, but they happen and probably always will - especially in Elon's new "freedom of speech" Twitter.

I don't post on there anymore, but when I did, I had all sorts of things thrown my way - from general insults, accusations, homophobic slurs, etc among many other things. It's not pleasant, but I reported and blocked them. I probably had more reports rejected than upheld, even with some really shitty stuff, but I moved on. If money was no object I still wouldn't have pursued legal action because what's the point? Anyone who knows me would know I'm not any of the things some of those trolls said.

You're not gonna change people's minds by threatening them with litigation and that's pretty apparent in those tweets from that idiot yesterday. He might as well have said: "I don't believe a word of this, but I'm saying it because I'd rather not lose all my money". It's a hollow 'victory'.

We'll change hearts and minds through better discussion and debate - preferably in person (I like YouTube podcasts for this reason), rather than mud slinging, threats and suing on Twitter and I think anyone who uses it knows that deep down. It's a cesspool and best avoided.

Reactions: 2

melfish

VIP Member
I had to read so far down to figure out who was protesting what 🙄

ETA: They changed their headline, but still
---

What a complete and utter idiot.
Presumably he's trying to copy one of David Bowie's outfits from 50 years ago. He failed miserably.
Do you mean Bowie's white suit? Yeah, nah. The fuck

Last edited:

Ensay

VIP Member
Loosely translated as 'shut up, woman'.
Loosely translated as 'I've got little counter argument'.
---
I sometimes think you are trolling us Ensay.
Well, you're free to think that. But I've got many, many posts on this site in multiple threads. If I was a troll, I think I'd have been outcast by now.

I just have alternative viewpoints and, believe it or not, I often metaphorically bite my tongue a lot in this thread. Not because I'm a TRA as such, but if you don't tow the line 100%, well, you get replies like I've just got - ie accusations of misogyny and trolling.

But to prove I'm not a troll, I'll drop this subject now, as I've made my point and I don't want it to turn into a protracted argument.

anon60

They're turning her into a martyr. I fear it's heading straight for a similar situation to Charlie Gard/Alfie Evans where the family almost gets swept aside by the mob of grief ghouls. And teenagers are a particularly emotionally unstable group for this to be affecting.
My friend has a daughter who is trans female . My friend is all caught up in this and is beside herself with worry. Explaining to her that it hasn’t been said it’s a hate crime yet is not helping!
---
Good riddance.
She says she’s been considering it for a while now

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I've no idea who this person is, but looking at their profile I can't help but wonder if some of these people are actually real, or created by Russia / China etc to create chaos in the West?! It all just seems so insane and provocative.
Lol they were defo real, I’ve seen them on tiktok live before

• Haha

Ensay

VIP Member
I’m bothered that a doctor is so blindly accepting of the TRA narrative that JKR is abusing trans people and then disseminating this to their many followers. That is so harmful. I mean, this doctor is a likeable, intelligent guy and I think he has done some great work around disordered eating. I would have hoped he might be able to see the harm being done to young people by the movement but it seems like he is just jumping on the ‘trans people are victims’ bandwagon. I’ve messaged him asking what he thinks JKR has actually done to trans people to harm them but don’t expect a thoughtful, honest response. I’ll probably just get called a bigot or terf. Sad, really.
I had to chuckle at the first one. I know it’s a bit disingenuous but it sums up how some paint JK Rowling as a poor victim.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
He wasn't far off flashing (IMO) - this is a classic example of who we don't want in the women's spaces. At 15 years of age!
Really? A 16 year old has just been murdered and your response is to say they aren't far off from being a flasher, with no evidence to back up that statement. Says more about you than anyone else. 🤢

About ten years ago Rebecca Root (transwoman actor) was the lead in a sitcom called Boy Meets Girl where he and his new boyfriend navigate the obstacles in their relationship resulting from Root's character being trans and about 15 years older. It was cancelled pretty quickly (it was very boring and would still be boring even if it were about a natal woman dating a younger man) but I wonder if it'd be controversial now since the main character is immediately upfront with the boyfriend about being trans, even though it's obvious?

ChaosCEO

Looking online it seems there was a big issue with bullying from the school Brianna went to. The only way I would think it could be excused so quickly as not being a hate crime is if the perpetrators are trans themselves but that seems unlikely? Very odd how quickly they said it wasn’t a hate crime.
Have they actually said it’s not a hate crime though? Last thing I heard they said something to the effect that they currently have no particular evidence that it is a hate crime, not that they’ve ruled it out or think it’s unlikely to be one.

Ensay

VIP Member
I don’t think I would have so much of an issue if they deleted anything about trans issues - but they only delete the gender critical comments.
---

Also am at the dentists - not liking this - it’s so many more women than men who are domestically abused. View attachment 1949034
I don't see what the issue is? I could understand if there was only the poster on the right, but there are two - one for each sex.

Ensay

VIP Member
Did Owen Jones call Isla Bryson Adam or would he do that for any trans that are involved in a crime that involves "her penis" when they have years and years of crime such as the recent wanker (literal) somewhere in teeside who has done multiple stretches for child crimes.

No Owen Jones called him by his previous name as he was on his soap box pontificating about something that was against his left wing views.
No idea, I don't follow Owen Jones that closely. You were the one who brought him into the discussion.

I was referring to a colleague who had changed his name because he didn't like his birth name. He changed from a male name to another male name, there was no transitioning involved. I said it'd be rude in that scenario to refuse to use his new name to his face. Like I say, I don't think that's comparable to Tommy Robinson because he only used a pseudonym to mask his criminal history. (Not that I'd use that racist's original name to his face because I wouldn't engage him in conversation. :D )

appleskin

Chatty Member
i opened the Instagram link from here a while ago and was only looking there now, some weird stuff posts like the screenshots from youtube videos of women crying\sad but during that one photo has been deleted (it's probably to do with the text) - other pics and videos that are a tad creepy are still up - someone has access - like just private or delete all pics or profile

1676316810579.png