Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do! I don't really want to derail the conversation with Reddit nonsense. I'd send you a private message but it doesn't seem to be an option on my account. Has the feature been removed? I looked at account settings but couldn't find it there either.
I have no idea! I’ve never tried to send a PM on here! I’m sure it was ridiculous of them & it sounds like it wasn’t a great place to be, but their loss is our gain :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had quite the debate with my daughter (who has been sucked in by the whole ‘trans women are women’ schtick) about this sort of scenario. She said it wasn’t a valid point as it’s not going to happen that often.
Even once is one time too many, but it’s getting to be every week now. One day if she has a daughter, I hope she’ll bear in mind how her and her age group facilitated this nonsense.
I don’t think it’s fair to lump it into her age group as it’s been facilitated by a lack of leadership in many areas. From politicians being unable to define what a woman is, universities pandering to absolute nonsense instead of saying this is a place where great debate and thought has always taken place, education chiefs allowing identity politics into the classroom. From people forgetting what the equality act states allowing men into prisons, NHS, woman shortlists, toilets, changing rooms etc. From religious leaders allowing ideas like Jesus/God could be non binary or other pish. There is so much but basically we have created a society where children from an early age to young adulthood are bombarded with gender ideology and the concept of victims.

Reactions: 17
This is chilling. Being reported for the wrong opinions. People are allowed to have opinions on a fictional state of being. This is not the same as being homophobic or racist or prejudiced against people for what they are, it is refusing to accept the fiction that you can change sex. Fiction, lies, nonsense. I was once very live and let live about it all. I think that was a mistake as it eroded boundaries for women. Also the sex work is work crowd. Belle de jour glamourised the happy hooker, and maybe it was fine for her, but for every one of her there are a thousand trafficked and abused women trapped, and those women should be protected.

Reactions: 29
I think some of the SNP's party guidance on what constitutes transphobia, shown in that article, is actually in conflict with the Forstater ruling. "Deliberately misgendering someone or using phrases or language to suggest their gender identity is not valid, for example referring to a transwoman as a 'biological man'." Half the party has breached that over the Isla Bryson case. And Forstater wrote into law that we have a right to hold that belief (or scientific fact).

Reactions: 26
Most of you will remember Alex Cole-Hamilton who was unable to assign a gender to Adam Graham and was firmly on the gender train along with being friends with the lovely Beth......changing his tune now compared to December

Thank you for this, I’ve just been down the rabbit hole about Beth and whatnot. Gobsmacked, and yet not all at the same time

Reactions: 4
A fantastic (also disturbing) speech from Australia (but, what on earth is the Victorian government doing?!?).
Moira is one to keep an eye on 🔥

EDIT. Deleting video as @smellyfootballboots posted as I still had speech playing, ha. Excellent watch. Fabulous woman. But am very disturbed by the Victorian government.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think some of the SNP's party guidance on what constitutes transphobia, shown in that article, is actually in conflict with the Forstater ruling. "Deliberately misgendering someone or using phrases or language to suggest their gender identity is not valid, for example referring to a transwoman as a 'biological man'." Half the party has breached that over the Isla Bryson case. And Forstater wrote into law that we have a right to hold that belief (or scientific fact).
The SNP was a party I was an active member of for quite a number of years. It used to be a democratic party where the majority of its policies originated from its branch members which where forwarded onto conference to be then debated/voted on before becoming official policy of the party. It also had an National executive committee which was made up of a variety of positions such as woman's officer, treasurer etc. Basically these positions where voted in by branch delegates at conference and certain woke members figured out the system could be gamed which is how we ended up with the likes of Rhiannon Spear as woman's officer whose mantra was "trans woman are woman" who was also the chair of "TIE (Time for Inclusive Education) which started off as a self funding LGBT organisation run by a dude self IDing which is now surprise surprise fully funded by the SG now. Back to the NEC however which was expanded with the likes of new posts like BAME officer, disability officer, LGBT officer and these positions where given more power/say in policy than the branches. A year down the line there was a pushback where certain people where voted out but the problem was still there as they where then simply appointed to committiees.

This lead to the likes of the "hate crime bill" being introduced which has never been debated at conference along with the definition of transphobia which was introduced in part to try and blunt (and ultimately oust) the likes of Joanna Cherry who was blocked from standing for the MSP elections. This was because a rule was introduced that meant any MP who wanted to stand had to resign first and funnily enough it was put in place after Angus Robertson an ally of Nicola Sturgeon had done exactly that and before Joanna Cherry could.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m a member of a ladies Facebook page in a Scottish city. A couple of weeks ago there was a big post by a trans woman looking for accommodation in the city as they were moving here to access better medical services with a very smug selfie- queue all the ‘stunning and brave’ comments 🤢. I thought ‘here we go’

But last night someone posted anonymously looking for advice as their niece had told them that they wanted to be a trans gay man.
There were some genuine replys to signpost advice but I’m very pleased to report that when anyone suggested Mermaids or the Scottish LBGT group, people replied with links to reports on the dodgy goings on at both institutions. When some else started with the suicide chat, there were directed to the information that the Samaritans were advising not to say what causes suicide and that the statistics weren’t recorded properly.
I think the lady recieved a very balanced amount of replies. I was very pleasantly surprised!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Wow. So basically duck those women who do get sexually assaulted, they don’t matter because it doesn’t happen often? 🤦‍♀️
I think what she was really trying to say is that it’s a hypothetical scenario put about by TERFs. She is a feminist and a feisty girl, I’m just sad she’s been sucked in to supporting this shite for fear of being shunned by her peer group 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I had the conversation about toilets with my sister once and she said, “Well if a man wants to come in and attack someone, they’ll do it whatever.” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Maybe, but why would we give OPEN ACCESS for it to happen?
It’s like saying a car might crash off the road and hit someone so why bother with pavements.

Re the article (man attacking a woman in the toilet), surely conversation would lead to thinking about how reductive self ID is? How ‘womanly’ does a man have to look to use the toilet without anyone reporting it? In full ‘woman costume’ clothes? Wig for added authenticity (as all women have long hair)? What about when a man walks in with his hi vis/building gear on, beard and pot belly? Clearly a man. What about if he’s in the above but sticks a wig on just before he goes in? Does the hair make him a woman now? We know he’s male, but he could say he is a woman and legally we would have no protection and this doesn’t terrify others??

It’s like they have just thought ‘I don’t mind a trans woman using the ladies’ and thought of a post op, feminine looking person who ‘just wants to pee’. No other option exists in their naïve brains.

Reactions: 23
I think what she was really trying to say is that it’s a hypothetical scenario put about by TERFs. She is a feminist and a feisty girl, I’m just sad she’s been sucked in to supporting this shite for fear of being shunned by her peer group 😞
I see what you mean, it’s awful how feminism has been hijacked and flipped on it’s head to basically only benefit the TiMs.

Reactions: 11
I see what you mean, it’s awful how feminism has been hijacked and flipped on it’s head to basically only benefit the TiMs.
It is truly awful. We used to take them to see the HP films when they came out and they would be so excited. She’s now shunned everything HP because of JKR. I’ve asked her what JK has actually said that’s transphobic, but she can’t tell me anything conclusive. She’s basically been bullied in to an opinion by the prospect of being accused of transphobia.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Do these women not wonder why single sex spaces exist in every single country in the world? you only have to look at the local court reports to see just how rare it is for a woman to be in court for a violent offence, let alone something sexual. Men come up every single day.

Reactions: 31
Wow. So basically duck those women who do get sexually assaulted, they don’t matter because it doesn’t happen often? 🤦‍♀️
Yes. What if the woman it happens to is her?
(“It won’t happen to me” mentality, I guess… until it does)

Reactions: 15
Fury as transgender cartoonist who claims to have fetish for nappy art is set to speak to children | Daily Mail Online

Sorry to link the Fail but What. The. duck?
---
Who’s going to pretend to be shocked.
Not at all shocked at the 97 out of 230 transgender people held on remand being held for sexual offences.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Yes. What if the woman it happens to is her?
(“It won’t happen to me” mentality, I guess… until it does)
This is it. The complacency, distance/detachment and siloed attitude which to me has always had an element of dehumanisation. One woman being attacked is still too many. And if it does happen you very quickly realise: (a) how vulnerable you are, (b) how little protection you have as a woman and (c) that the onus will be on you to provide evidence, to defend your human dignity and explain what happened; not your attacker.
What happens to one woman can easily happen to any woman and it's so upsetting when this is undermined or ignored. It's why the overall women's rights movement has always emphasised things like sisterhoods, being a group and that none of us are free or safe until we all are regardless of where we are in the world because our sex as women is what's being attacked; not how we identify. That's a luxury we do not have

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.