Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really is awful isn't it. I can't ever remember kids having such godly status when I was at school, I can't say a word against this friendship circle without being called a lot of names. I honestly don't believe there is any substance in any of this trans malarkey with my daughter as she is a different person in the summer holidays when she isn't seeing or speaking to these girls. 3 days before telling me she is indeed a boy now she went into town and bought herself a "really cute skirt" . The difference in those 3 days? One was at the end of 2 weeks half term break the other was a few days after being back with these kids. I also did the unphased acceptance with my daughter, we're 2 years in now..
I’ve managed to get my son to go to a college that this girl will never be bothered to go to. She, like your daughter’s friends, never bothers with my son in the holidays. I’m really hoping to get him a fresh start away from her. Any chance you could do something similar?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ask her what she thinks she can do as a boy that she can’t do as a girl. Because the answer is nothing! Sorry you’re dealing with this but it sounds like she’ll grow out if it. It is very much a trend/contagion.

This has been going on for 2 years now. I've questioned everything. Why she wants a binder - she had just come out as a lesbian at the time. Why she needed her haircut like a emo boy. What being non binary means to her etc etc etc etc she never NEVER can answer anything. The one and only question she did answer to a degree was when she was crying about not wanting to be a girl anymore because her body doesn't feel like a girls body. When I questioned how her body made her feel she said "it just makes me feel meh" whatever that means. I've offered gp apps on numerous occasions to talk to someone about this, suggested she goes to the lgbt support group at school which most of her friends outside her crappy friend circle go to anyway and she always refuses. One day she'll wake up to the nonsense, hopefully! Until then I'll carry on supporting her and sending her informative links about binders and hormone meds and whatever else she throws at me.
---
I’ve managed to get my son to go to a college that this girl will never be bothered to go to. She, like your daughter’s friends, never bothers with my son in the holidays. I’m really hoping to get him a fresh start away from her. Any chance you could do something similar?

She'll be going to Uni next year so we've only got another 18months of this to ride out with abit of luck

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
She had a circus girl Carlotta in the St Clare’s books who was wild and a Spanish gypsy, all the girls loved her at St Clares. What loved about Enid Blyton books was how she featured girls who were tomboys, they now seem to have been eradicated nowadays. She also made me want to go to boarding school and have midnight feasts 😋🥪
My thoughts exactly.
Girls with short hair, long hair, climbed trees, liked reading in corners, loved maths passionately, brilliance at languages, practical jokes, the Midnight Feasts...doesn't matter your interests, your love of being a girly girl, tomboy, or focussed entirely on academia, you could just be.
Enid Blyton made me long to be a boarder, though as a day bug there was no need 😅

There are trigger warnings on 100s of books for university students! Why should we be warning 18yr olds aka adults of themes like suicide, rape, racism, or that they can skip modules if they wish, when they watch the worst kind of content on social media.
We are raising a generation of cry babies.

I was browsing in a bookshop a few weeks back and noticed each Nancy Mitford offering printed in the last year had added trigger warnings for modern audiences as historical attitudes were different to current.
My eyes rolled so far back I'm amazed they righted themselves 😆

Reactions: 17
My 16yr old daughter told me she wanted to be a boy 3wks ago. A month previous she was non binary, before that a lesbian. I found her diary and yesterdays entry says she wants a m/m relationship... so shes a gay male now?!

Pray for me.
My kid's (15, born female) last relationship was with a 'nonbinary' person who is quite obviously a guy. The 'nonbinary' partner was super tall and very obviously male. My kid is waif thin and clearly biologically female.

And yet according to them it was my kid who was 'the man' in the relationship...

It's so odd honestly.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Personally I believe my girl is probably a lesbian but has got swept up with/by these crappy girls she hanging about with. They told her she'd look like an emo boy if she cut her hair off, so she did.. i mean really?! no mention of it before they said. I think it was down to jealousy as my daughter has stunning hair. She was throwing a hissy fit last week as the main girl she idols in this group now has a boyfriend after being a lesbian since she was 7! Shes spending less time with the group now and more time with this boy so hopefully I'll get my kid back soon.
It doesn't get spoken about much, but you're totally right, jealousy is a big part of this. Teenage girls can be very cruel. That's such a shame for your daughter and hopefully she will ride it out, those girls are definitely not her friends. So frustrating when you can clearly see what's going on but you're brushed off as an annoying mum who doesn't know any better.

Misogyny, pure and simple. It’s blatant.

There was a brief period on Tiktok (trends change so fast) with women discussing not being given pain relief for coil insertion, cervical biopsies etc because doctors told them the cervix has no nerve endings. Because the textbooks say the same. Obstetric forceps are literally medieval. This complete and utter resistance to modernise and change practice only happens in women’s health.
It is so disgusting how women's health is treated. I remember my mum and aunts talking about their awful experiences with the coil in what would have been in the 90s, and nothing has changed. I've never had it and never will, despite various GPs pushing for it and rolling their eyes when I told them I didn't want it. We're expected to put up and shut up.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I’m new to this thread and love it here so please don’t kick me out 😂 but, with the Roald Dahl stuff, I kind of saw the importance of some of the changes (bear with me) but it makes no sense why only he has been targeted when you can’t change everything in existence or the way society is. Basically, I saw an interesting perspective from someone who is disabled and they said how all of the bad or dangerous characters in traditional kids stories are mostly disabled, obese or ugly and it kind of subconsciously teaches you these things are the criteria for bad people. Of course it’s down to parents to teach differently. But it’s like pedos, if I ask you to think of what one looks like you think of a certain type of man with a certain aesthetic or maybe a couple of variations because that’s what we’ve been taught to imagine when in actual fact ANYBODY can be one.

That’s just my perspective on it, I don’t agree with it, I think it should stay as it was. From what I see in society, kids don’t pick up books anymore anyways, they’re looked after by their iPads 🙄
I do get what you mean but I always viewed it differently (in terms of ugliness i guess) there is a quotation from one of his books,cannot remember which, about having happy thoughts making you beautiful or something while ugly ones make you ugly. I do get how this could be problematic but I always viewed this as like "inner beauty" being important qnd its more the image you express from your attitude. Not sure if I explained this well, but either way all traditional Disney films did the same didn't they? Ugly stepsister etc. I also wonder about the legality of changing someones work like this?

Reactions: 16
I do get what you mean but I always viewed it differently (in terms of ugliness i guess) there is a quotation from one of his books,cannot remember which, about having happy thoughts making you beautiful or something while ugly ones make you ugly. I do get how this could be problematic but I always viewed this as like "inner beauty" being important qnd its more the image you express from your attitude. Not sure if I explained this well, but either way all traditional Disney films did the same didn't they? Ugly stepsister etc. I also wonder about the legality of changing someones work like this?
Yes! Was it The Twits? They were so horrible they got uglier and uglier and I’m sure there was something that said even if you have a big nose or crooked teeth, if you were a nice person that beauty would shine through. Something like that. This is what I mean, it’s weird how they just targeted one author for being “offensive” when there is so much more out there which is actually harmful or offensive.

Reactions: 16
Misogyny, pure and simple. It’s blatant.

There was a brief period on Tiktok (trends change so fast) with women discussing not being given pain relief for coil insertion, cervical biopsies etc because doctors told them the cervix has no nerve endings. Because the textbooks say the same. Obstetric forceps are literally medieval. This complete and utter resistance to modernise and change practice only happens in women’s health.
Yeh exactly, ditto things related to smear tests and does anyone remember the vaginal mesh scandal a few years ago? I went to a talk with some (female) doctors taking about it and apparently women had been advised, as they could no longer have vaginal sex with their male partners, to try anal...i wish this was a joke

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Yes! Was it The Twits? They were so horrible they got uglier and uglier and I’m sure there was something that said even if you have a big nose or crooked teeth, if you were a nice person that beauty would shine through. Something like that. This is what I mean, it’s weird how they just targeted one author for being “offensive” when there is so much more out there which is actually harmful or offensive.
Yes it must have been this! Yeh inagree, I hadn't realised about the netflix thing but I assume this is why Dahl is the focus atm. I guess we can expect a dull sanitised version of the books coming soon to netflix
---
This is it (funny enough it was posted yesterday on another thread I frequent)

View attachment 1977088
Exactly! This is it, he is saying you are "technically " ugly but you are still beautiful I think this is a great message tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Precisely emm! RD beat all the big brands like Dove etc. to say that what's inside is more important than what you look like in such a way that we remember it as adults

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Exactly! This is it, he is saying you are "technically " ugly but you are still beautiful I think this is a great message tbh
I sent this to my husband when we first got together, he thought it was sweet :( I guess it is legal to edit the books though, Dahl's estate would have had to give permission

She had a circus girl Carlotta in the St Clare’s books who was wild and a Spanish gypsy, all the girls loved her at St Clares. What loved about Enid Blyton books was how she featured girls who were tomboys, they now seem to have been eradicated nowadays. She also made me want to go to boarding school and have midnight feasts 😋🥪
I do like the current BBC adaptation of Malory Towers for having Bill (tomboyish girl who is often now interpreted as trans) explicitly saying that she's a girl, just one that doesn't like wearing dresses. And they had an episode in which one of the girls gets her period and is told that this happens to all girls

Reactions: 14
Glad I found this thread, I find this trans epidemic baffling.

I’m very open minded and believe everyone should be able to live their life how they want as long as they aren’t harming others. I just don’t think that kids should be able to make these decisions, being a teen is hard, hell if you’d have asked me at 14 if I wanted to be a boy I’d have prob said yeah.

I am struggling to articulate and I’m trying not sound like a transphobe but it all just doesn’t sit right with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My daughter has absolutely got it from so called friends at school. She told them she was lesbian and the first 3 messages these kids sent through to her, you know the ever so important supportive kinda girls that don't even text during the summer holidays, was links to binders and how to get one without telling your parents and trans "support" charities.

Personally I believe my girl is probably a lesbian but has got swept up with/by these crappy girls she hanging about with. They told her she'd look like an emo boy if she cut her hair off, so she did.. i mean really?! no mention of it before they said. I think it was down to jealousy as my daughter has stunning hair. She was throwing a hissy fit last week as the main girl she idols in this group now has a boyfriend after being a lesbian since she was 7! Shes spending less time with the group now and more time with this boy so hopefully I'll get my kid back soon.
This is what’s infuriating. Just because she thinks she might be a lesbian, why would she automatically want to look like a boy ? The trans lot have hijacked every spectrum of sexuality. I have lesbian friends who are very feminine, they don’t want to change sex
Grrrr 😡

Reactions: 25
This is what’s infuriating. Just because she thinks she might be a lesbian, why would she automatically want to look like a boy ? The trans lot have hijacked every spectrum of sexuality. I have lesbian friends who are very feminine, they don’t want to change sex
Grrrr 😡
Of course, that's a bit of a cliché, my lesbian mate is very feminine looking, always wearing dresses and nice earrings.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.