Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea who any of the people involved are but, ha!
Sad to see a woman so indoctrinated that she leaves, angry that a man is stating basic facts

The way she was automatically triggered is really interesting to see isn’t it. The level of indoctrination is scary. Also, how effed up would it be if a woman was saying who she wouldn’t have sex with and a guy took umbridge at that? It would be seen as controlling and coercive. And the brain dead girl next to her ‘that’s hateful bro’. WTAF.

It’s just bizarre that another person’s sexual preference is up for debate. It’s no one’s business and absolutely no one has a right to an opinion on it. You’d think these sort of statements would be pretty standard!!

Reactions: 24
The way she was automatically triggered is really interesting to see isn’t it. The level of indoctrination is scary. Also, how effed up would it be if a woman was saying who she wouldn’t have sex with and a guy took umbridge at that? It would be seen as controlling and coercive. And the brain dead girl next to her ‘that’s hateful bro’. WTAF.

It’s just bizarre that another person’s sexual preference is up for debate. It’s no one’s business and absolutely no one has a right to an opinion on it. You’d think these sort of statements would be pretty standard!!
Yes exactly, it's scary how that woman was being so ridiculous.
I found this meme below :
FpnBreyWIAETnHG.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: 22
As someone who is a bit tired of attempts to rewrite or change history, with things like current demands for reparations for slavery centuries ago, I wondered if there were any attempts from Women to demand past reparations from Men for past injustices?

To point out things like Women not having any marriage, or property rights in the UK before getting the vote? There have to have been cases where women were abused or denied basic rights because of this? When girls lost out on inheritance rights, or had to marry people they didn't want to marry, because their fathers arranged it? If you watch the TV series Marie Antoinette, this is a perfect example. OK she was rich, OK she was a princess, but she was married off at 13, by her family to a total stranger, and looked deeply unhappy because of this.
This is an example of how a girl can be exploited by a male dominated society!

I think its actually quite an important issue in some ways, because its a way or pointing out that history, was determined completely in the west by men, and women until relatively recently were pretty powerless. History, up until about 100 years ago, is very much HIS story, not HER story.

I can dislike the concepts, and hope that history doesn't repeat itself, But I am going to refuse to take any responsibility for things like slavery, or colonialism, or feel any personal guilt about it, because it happened generations before I was born, and as a woman I had absolutely no power to change any of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
For those of you in Cumbria ...

I'm bi and I am absolutely sick of pride being everywhere. I don't WANT people to look at me differently, I don't want a rainbow police car or rainbow road markings or rainbow flags on public buildings. I get the point of LGBT groups for staff, that's fine, but nothing feels more othering than seeing companies feel they have to make an outward show of acceptance for you with flags, posters, rainbow bloody cars.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
As someone who is a bit tired of attempts to rewrite or change history, with things like current demands for reparations for slavery centuries ago, I wondered if there were any attempts from Women to demand past reparations from Men for past injustices?

To point out things like Women not having any marriage, or property rights in the UK before getting the vote? There have to have been cases where women were abused or denied basic rights because of this? When girls lost out on inheritance rights, or had to marry people they didn't want to marry, because their fathers arranged it? If you watch the TV series Marie Antoinette, this is a perfect example. OK she was rich, OK she was a princess, but she was married off at 13, by her family to a total stranger, and looked deeply unhappy because of this.
This is an example of how a girl can be exploited by a male dominated society!

I think its actually quite an important issue in some ways, because its a way or pointing out that history, was determined completely in the west by men, and women until relatively recently were pretty powerless. History, up until about 100 years ago, is very much HIS story, not HER story.

I can dislike the concepts, and hope that history doesn't repeat itself, But I am going to refuse to take any responsibility for things like slavery, or colonialism, or feel any personal guilt about it, because it happened generations before I was born, and as a woman I had absolutely no power to change any of it.
Interesting point and I totally agree. I also feel like women got to a point with the Me Too movement where they felt safe to call out abuse and be believed. Men (ok not all men 🙄) obviously hated that and felt threatened.

Interesting that just as attitudes were changing in our favour that that’s when the rise of the trans woman took place (2018/19)?And women were dutifully put back in our place and things like our language, spaces etc have become the property of men once again. They knew they couldn’t keep on the way they were (although many still do), so popping in a dress and some lippy and dictating to women what they should say and feel is yet again coming from men. We have a knife to our throats but in a different way, now it’s the threat of bigotry and transphobia, and with that you become a social outcast. JKR is the poster child for this. Not saying her life is ruined but her reputation has certainly taken a battering. Because she DARED to stand up to men who are nothing more than scared little boys.

This might all sound a bit paranoid but it’s how I’m seeing how the last several years have gone. As women we can never rest as men will ALWAYS try and control us, any which way they can.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I've always found JKR to be very very astute and I think if people hear her in her own words for themselves, it could change a lot of people's minds about her (that is - of course - if they give the podcast a chance and listen to it without their friends knowing lol).
That’s exactly it. She comes across as so decent and so human (listening to her voice crack as she talked about the loss of her mother really got me) and all the Potter fans who denounce her could gain a lot from remembering the actual character of the woman they used to worship. She’s amazing.

duck the BBC and The Independent for their biased AF headlines though. As you can see, Sky news chose a much less inflammatory angle…

26C140F0-C510-4919-B6E7-6A71188DA896.jpeg
E4BE7669-C8AE-472D-BDF6-FD28254C3DC8.jpeg

Just goes to show that you can take any quote out of content and put a negative spin on it. Her point about not caring about her legacy and about being dead is “I care about NOW”. That’s what she followed it up with.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
For those of you in Cumbria ...

It’s saddening to see that a lot of the comments are from blokes who think it’s perfectly alright to waste money on ‘rainbow’ projects because of Boris Johnson’s wallpaper or some other example of ridiculous Tory spending.
It’s like they don’t realise it’s possible to be annoyed by both.
I bet if a police car was to be decorated in Suffragette colours they’d be up in arms about it though, because that would be ‘transphobic’.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Spotted on a Derbyshire hillside this week. Apparently terfs like hiking too!
When I was in Thailand last year I saw an adult human female sticker on the back of a toilet door in Bangkok’s central world shopping centre and it took my breath away. Love the feeling of solidarity worldwide.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
When I was in Thailand last year I saw an adult human female sticker on the back of a toilet door in Bangkok’s central world shopping centre and it took my breath away. Love the feeling of solidarity worldwide.
I’m going to order some stickers and leave them wherever I go

• Heart
On the subject of Thailand, what are peoples opinions on ladyboys?
One thing I respected while I was in Thailand was the fact ladyboys never claimed to be women, they always said ‘I’m boy’ or ‘I’m not girl I’m ladyboy’. I always could tell from a mile off when we saw a ladyboy but the boys I travelled with had absolutely no clue🙄

Reactions: 15
One thing I respected while I was in Thailand was the fact ladyboys never claimed to be women, they always said ‘I’m boy’ or ‘I’m not girl I’m ladyboy’. I always could tell from a mile off when we saw a ladyboy but the boys I travelled with had absolutely no clue🙄
I couldn't care less if men want to present themselves in a stereotypically feminine way as long as they don't expect me to participate in the delusion it makes them any less male. I think gender non-conformity is great.

• Heart

I think she was triggered and flounced out because she didn't have a coherent argument and knew he was right.
None of the trans woowoo makes any sense, I think that why TRA's avoid any proper discussion, preferring to just issue threats and scream 'TERF'

Reactions: 17
I think it’s all a bit odd. I’ve always been really surprised by the amount of men who say they’d have no qualms about being given a blow job by a ladyboy, but those same men make homophobic jokes about other men who sleep with men. It doesn’t make sense to me.
I also see women talking about ladyboys as though they are ‘inspirational’ in the same way they talk about drag artists - and I don’t understand that either. They are men portraying a sexualised stereotype of femininity, usually as part of the sex industry. What’s inspiring about that?

Reactions: 18
I think it’s all a bit odd. I’ve always been really surprised by the amount of men who say they’d have no qualms about being given a blow job by a ladyboy, but those same men make homophobic jokes about other men who sleep with men. It doesn’t make sense to me.
I also see women talking about ladyboys as though they are ‘inspirational’ in the same way they talk about drag artists - and I don’t understand that either. They are men portraying a sexualised stereotype of femininity, usually as part of the sex industry. What’s inspiring about that?
It's about dominance in the first case, I think. Like in Ancient Rome it was perfectly acceptable for a man to have sex with a man, so long as he was penetrating but not receiving. And if the whole thing involves an exchange of money, that's part of the feeling of dominance.
I have no idea why women would look up to them though ?

Reactions: 11
Listened to the JKR podcast this morning, the first episode is very eye-opening.

She talks about the violence of her first marriage and how she got away from him, and I think it’s totally understandable given her background how passionate she is about female only spaces. I personally think she’s so brave for standing up for women’s rights.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's about dominance in the first case, I think. Like in Ancient Rome it was perfectly acceptable for a man to have sex with a man, so long as he was penetrating but not receiving. And if the whole thing involves an exchange of money, that's part of the feeling of dominance.
I have no idea why women would look up to them though ?
But they wouldn’t let a gay man who looked like a man give them a blow job though, it’s the fact that the person in question is pretending to be a woman and presenting as one that seems to somehow skew their perception, and convinces them they aren’t taking part in a homosexual act when obviously they are.
I think a similar dynamic plays into the way some blokes are adamant that ‘trans women are women, no debate’. When they say that they are thinking of someone who ‘passes’, not a big hairy bricklayer in a frock and a wig. There are still a lot of men who seem to think that women are just a collection of body parts, clothing and accessories rather actual human beings.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
But they wouldn’t let a gay man who looked like a man give them a blow job though, it’s the fact that the person in question is pretending to be a woman and presenting as one that seems to somehow skew their perception, and convinces them they aren’t taking part in a homosexual act when obviously they are.
I think a similar dynamic plays into the way some blokes are adamant that ‘trans women are women, no debate’. When they say that they are thinking of someone who ‘passes’, not a big hairy bricklayer in a frock and a wig. There are still a lot of men who seem to think that women are just a collection of body parts, clothing and accessories rather actual human beings.
Oh yeah totally agree. That's the patriarchy in a nutshell, they think of women as a collection of body parts, have done for millenia unfortunately, this is just the newest manifestation of it. The phrase "people who menstruate " is a perfect example of it happening again

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.