Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've already said on the Scottish independence thread, that I think would generally agree with Kate's views. He just won't admit it in public!!!

Reactions: 3
Cath kidston is doing a Harry Potter collection and these are some of the replies 🙄
I’ve not bought anything from there in years but I’ll be buying something when it comes out.
10990E93-ECFF-4E95-83AC-22AF73F526FF.jpeg
81D37AFA-28EF-4A4B-9A0B-A0FB62C4AFDB.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
That is it in a nutshell. They use their gender identities as protection against the law - oh I'm a paedophile but I'm trans so I should be allowed to indulge that kink as it's part of my identity.
This is similar to that fairly recent story about a soldier or something who who was cleared of all charges of sexually assaulting another soldier, because when in court said he was demisexual and therefore couldn’t possibly have done it, despite their being another soldier there as eye-witness to the whole thing who corroborated the victims events.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Some of you will remember the Biden nuclear adviser (or something) who stole women's luggage from airport carousels

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Agree, she looks like a bleep.

I saw another article about how "disconnected" she felt using a surrogate. No bleeping tit love.
Can’t stand people like her, Paris Hilton, Khloe Kardashian and Priyanka Chopra who think they can buy a baby from some poor woman. It’s sickening

Reactions: 30
Detransitioner suing medical professionals:

Good luck to her! She appeared in the documentary Affirmation Generation alongside other detransitioned men and women (who were/are extremely young)

Reactions: 7
I’m planning on listening to the podcast with JKR tomorrow on my walk. Looking forward to hearing her side of things. Anyone else listened to it yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m planning on listening to the podcast with JKR tomorrow on my walk. Looking forward to hearing her side of things. Anyone else listened to it yet?
Yes! It took my breath away that JKR was so willing to participate (invited them to her home) and be so deeply candid about her experience of domestic violence. Hasn’t even touched upon the trans stuff yet but I know she’s going to come across as smart and rational.

The fascinating thing was the podcast is setting the scene which shows she’s always been monstered. First by the evangelical Christians, now by the Left.

Could this actually convince a lot of misinformed people thst she isn’t evil? I already think Hogwart’s Legacy being so good is causing the anti-Potter tide to turn. I saw a Tiktok video tonight where someone posted a screenshot of JKR’s original “transphobic” tweet saying “So this is what people were upset about?”

People in the comments saying “We owe her an apology”, “She knew where things were headed three years ago” etc 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I haven't had a chance yet, but having read your post about it maytoseptember, I'm going to start it tomorrow after I finish work and over the weekend. I've always found JKR to be very very astute and I think if people hear her in her own words for themselves, it could change a lot of people's minds about her (that is - of course - if they give the podcast a chance and listen to it without their friends knowing lol). All the noise online and the screeching TRAs drowns out, distracts, deflects and drowns out what she said in her essay, and continues to say. I'm glad she's agreed to do the podcast; some of them can be very powerful and have impact!

Reactions: 14
There was a report on ITV news last night about JKR, it had clips from her podcast. The report was rational and even featured her tweet that caused all the shite, the 'we used to have a name .... wumpen' tweet.
JKR came across as intelligent, unflappable and sincere - she my little terfy heart soar 🤍💜💚

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There was a report on ITV news last night about JKR, it had clips from her podcast. The report was rational and even featured her tweet that caused all the shite, the 'we used to have a name .... wumpen' tweet.
JKR came across as intelligent, unflappable and sincere - she my little terfy heart soar 🤍💜💚
Only at the very start and listening to her talk about her loss and her domestic abuse… did feel a bit teary. Reminded me that I had a convo with my Mum when that beautiful head teacher was shot with her little girl and we both had a cry over a quote from one of the woman’s close friends that read something like “it just shows that you can be the most strong, successful woman in a position of high power but you are still always at the mercy of a bad man” 💔 listening to JK speak, this is what it means to live as a woman not bleeping dresses and lipstick. To lose babies, to feel much more magnitude and vulnerability if you move away/abroad, to feel at the mercy of dangerous men, to never escape your social position or physical vulnerabilities because of your biological reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
No idea who any of the people involved are but, ha!
Sad to see a woman so indoctrinated that she leaves, angry that a man is stating basic facts

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.