Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw this on Twitter, about an event at some hipster brewery in Manchester (I think). It wasn't the TRAs jumping to his defence there - it was the #bekind mob and the "non-binary" twenty-something year old women. TRA brigade were suspiciously silent, perhaps because the author himself had publicly admitted to a "diaperfur" fetish that he "won't be kink shamed over" and had been exposed for tracing photographs of actual babies to turn them into sexually provocative images of er... childlike cartoon animals wearing nappies... I see he is on tour and due to perform at Strathclyde University tomorrow night - duck knows why these organisations are so blinkered that they can't see this for what it is and they're platforming a paedophile in a dress, but god forbid they shut it down because trans. The brewery did shut the event down, but blamed big bad terfs for threatening their staff, of which there was absolutely zero evidence :rolleyes:

Meanwhile Kate Forbes is being lambasted for her conservative Christian beliefs about family life - many of which I strongly disagree with - but the woman is being absolutely vilified while this trans-p*edo-acceptance bullshit goes on in the background.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
This is it. The complacency, distance/detachment and siloed attitude which to me has always had an element of dehumanisation. One woman being attacked is still too many. And if it does happen you very quickly realise: (a) how vulnerable you are, (b) how little protection you have as a woman and (c) that the onus will be on you to provide evidence, to defend your human dignity and explain what happened; not your attacker.
What happens to one woman can easily happen to any woman and it's so upsetting when this is undermined or ignored. It's why the overall women's rights movement has always emphasised things like sisterhoods, being a group and that none of us are free or safe until we all are regardless of where we are in the world because our sex as women is what's being attacked; not how we identify. That's a luxury we do not have
Her problem is that she doesn’t believe it will happen, it’s just whatabouttery by anti trans 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Her problem is that she doesn’t believe it will happen, it’s just whatabouttery by anti trans 😞
I'm so sorry hugs. With all my heart I hope it never ever happens to her. I read an article about JK Rowling on a podcast earlier this morning. I haven't listened to the episode, and I will later, but the article itself was a good one to read. The very black-and-white thinking of the trans movement reminds me of how radicalisation (of all kinds) happens, but also that there is hope because there are highly effective, long-term ways to deradicalise people who get caught up in extreme groups/ways of thinking that do work. I personally class the TRAs as a movement with extremist views that operates without impunity, instil fear and refuse to be questioned or held accountable for the damage they're doing. The way they recruit people, suck them in and have a wolf-in-sheep's-skin act is so scarily similar to how religious zealots recruit people.
The most impactful method to leave such an ideology is find a new group or network and broaden one's social identity (though this is easier said than done with social media, how widespread this movement is, the fear of social isolation and being ostracised from people you think are your friends). I can't quite articulate my thoughts on the latter right now, but I'm going to mull it over and will share it when I can put it into a proper sentence/paragraphs

• Heart
Reactions: 12
perhaps because the author himself had publicly admitted to a "diaperfur" fetish that he "won't be kink shamed over" and had been exposed for tracing photographs of actual babies to turn them into sexually provocative images of er... childlike cartoon animals wearing nappies...
It’s been a long time since I looked up sex offender laws but I’m convinced there was something in there about tracing the images of children to be used for CP being a punishable offence

one major thing I don’t understand about trans predators is how their gender feelings make them above the law? And when they are finally prosecuted why they’re allowed to pick and choose which prison they want to go to especially when they’ve commited sexual offenses.

the prison thing is the number one thing that enrages me and when someone is exposed to that fact and KNOWS these predators are put into womens prisons they still turn a blind eye

I saw some stupid tweet earlier about how “white feminisms” attitude towards trans is racist like… what the hell are these idiots on about they trot out every buzz word they can to further their own nonsence and make it sound legitimate. Black women are over represented in American prisons and have been raped and impregnated by TIMs thrust upon them but oh no the REAL problem is prominent white women speaking out on it. Shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The SNP leadership race is doing a spectacular job of shining some sunlight on all of this.

They're making an example of Kate Forbes. I think this will end her career and it's simply not right or fair, another woman being dragged through the mud as we've seen with Joanna Cherry (no idea why she has stuck with the SNP). She has never hidden her faith or beliefs so why is this coming as a surprise to some?

I don't agree with everything she has said (same with all politicians) but she has been honest and she's entitled to those views. This is meant to be a democracy. Seems like some people don't want to hear the truth.

Reactions: 19
They're making an example of Kate Forbes. I think this will end her career and it's simply not right or fair, another woman being dragged through the mud as we've seen with Joanna Cherry (no idea why she has stuck with the SNP). She has never hidden her faith or beliefs so why is this coming as a surprise to some?

I don't agree with everything she has said (same with all politicians) but she has been honest and she's entitled to those views. This is meant to be a democracy. Seems like some people don't want to hear the truth.
They'll end up turning on & eating each other .

Reactions: 6
one major thing I don’t understand about trans predators is how their gender feelings make them above the law?
That is it in a nutshell. They use their gender identities as protection against the law - oh I'm a paedophile but I'm trans so I should be allowed to indulge that kink as it's part of my identity.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

If I was Kate Forbes I'd remind them that religion is a protected characteristic of the Equality Act 2010.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If I was Kate Forbes I'd remind them that religion is a protected characteristic of the Equality Act 2010.
The Muslim council of the UK have come out of support of both female candidates and asked that Humza Yousaff who they are against is asked the exact same questions as KF was about marraige etc. It has not come out that he deliberately booked a meeting on the day that final vote was due to come through. As I pointed out on another thread one of the main things about the wee free is the sabbath is sacred so all the shops are closed. However you could not spin that Forbes once she is FM would close Scotland on a Sunday as its preposterous. However despite knowing exactly how laws are enacted in the SG people somehow believe she would be able to snap her fingers and gay marraige would end.

Reactions: 13
I see John Swinney has come out to say it isn't about her religion, but SNP members are entitled to decide if those views are appropriate for someone running for leader and first minister. Thought police.

She absolutely is entitled to have those views. What matters is that changes to the law are handled in a democratic manner and the result is respected and upheld. Pretty simple?! People seem to keep assuming that Kate doesn't see same sex couples as equal when she simply did not say that.

Perhaps John Swinney should have run for leadership himself... Except he knows his time is running out.

Reactions: 5
The Muslim council of the UK have come out of support of both female candidates and asked that Humza Yousaff who they are against is asked the exact same questions as KF was about marraige etc. It has not come out that he deliberately booked a meeting on the day that final vote was due to come through. As I pointed out on another thread one of the main things about the wee free is the sabbath is sacred so all the shops are closed. However you could not spin that Forbes once she is FM would close Scotland on a Sunday as its preposterous. However despite knowing exactly how laws are enacted in the SG people somehow believe she would be able to snap her fingers and gay marraige would end.
Humza Yousaf talks out of both sides of his mouth. I don't trust him with anything, completely disingenuous and dangerously thick despite attending the best fee paying school in Glasgow.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I had quite the debate with my daughter (who has been sucked in by the whole ‘trans women are women’ schtick) about this sort of scenario. She said it wasn’t a valid point as it’s not going to happen that often.
Even once is one time too many, but it’s getting to be every week now. One day if she has a daughter, I hope she’ll bear in mind how her and her age group facilitated this nonsense.
These very same people argue with the ones who say “not all men“ saying that not all men are dangerous but most of them or enough to be afraid of them. (Which I agree with.)

They claim that men in dress are not dangerous and that men are trash… the logic here… 👌

Reactions: 8
I posted yesterday on that thread. We all know that if it was any other religion then nothing would be said so fair play to the Muslim Council for recognising that. There was an article on the BBC making that point but at some point during the day the article was changed and all mention of Humza was removed!!

Reactions: 6
I had quite the debate with my daughter (who has been sucked in by the whole ‘trans women are women’ schtick) about this sort of scenario. She said it wasn’t a valid point as it’s not going to happen that often.
Even once is one time too many, but it’s getting to be every week now. One day if she has a daughter, I hope she’ll bear in mind how her and her age group facilitated this nonsense.
I have 2 16yr old girls. One has been sucked into this nonsense faster than the speed of light. The other is an almighty feminist who sees the dangers this nonsense is/has created and makes some amazing arguments. It isn't the entire age group doing this. It's the ones that are easily lead that are being taken advantage of by these wannabe cult leaders. They are the ones to blame, these poor kids are just being taken along for the ride and being used as collateral damage.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I don't agree with her beliefs on gay marriage but that coming out now is serious - it ended that Lib Dem guy's career didn't it? Tim something. It's annoying partly because there are so many non religious gender critical people but here's yet another one who is religious.

I don't know if you've been following today's shitshow on twitter but apparently someone with the handle @transwomyn set themself up as a gender critical twitter account and it turns out he's a bleeping p***do from Sweden who has been grooming a teenager online. I saw the correspondence and it's absolutely stomach turning - it's the fact that she was small and a girl not a woman that was turning him on. Grim.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I have 2 16yr old girls. One has been sucked into this nonsense faster than the speed of light. The other is an almighty feminist who sees the dangers this nonsense is/has created and makes some amazing arguments. It isn't the entire age group doing this. It's the ones that are easily lead that are being taken advantage of by these wannabe cult leaders. They are the ones to blame, these poor kids are just being taken along for the ride and being used as collateral damage.
Wow, do your girls get on or do they fall out over it? I can imagine it could cause a lot of friction.

Reactions: 5
Wow, do your girls get on or do they fall out over it? I can imagine it could cause a lot of friction.
Miss Fem has taken to walking away and ignoring Miss Sheep as she has a habit of arguing AT Miss Fem because she hasn't used the correct pronouns. So now Miss Sheep argues shes being ignored. Miss Fem has told her why and that if she won't listen to her point of view she isn't interested in listening to her shouting about pronouns. They mostly get on in all fairness, I think it's more frustration from Miss Fem as she sees Miss Sheep as not helping herself if what she says she feels is real. (Shes currently they/them, was a boy last week) Miss Fem attended a trans violence program at school and has become a mentor to bring awareness of it within the school, all pupils in their year were asked to attend and Miss Sheep refused and won't listen to anything about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.