Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would hope that's a joke!

Since when was a frying pan transphobic?!
---
Regarding children's books, I worry that today all that will get published is stories that push the T as special and brave and stunning and all girls as Karens and all white boys to be oppressors and problematic etc. We need representation of all people, but in equal measure, and in ways that are subtle, rather than a story being purely about a protected characteristic. The stories should be about adventure, discoveries, mysteries etc, where the character's behaviour is more important than their labels.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is what’s infuriating. Just because she thinks she might be a lesbian, why would she automatically want to look like a boy ? The trans lot have hijacked every spectrum of sexuality. I have lesbian friends who are very feminine, they don’t want to change sex

Grrrr 

Exactly

Reactions: 4
I would hope that's a joke!

Since when was a frying pan transphobic?!
---
Regarding children's books, I worry that today all that will get published is stories that push the T as special and brave and stunning and all girls as Karens and all white boys to be oppressors and problematic etc. We need representation of all people, but in equal measure, and in ways that are subtle, rather than a story being purely about a protected characteristic. The stories should be about adventure, discoveries, mysteries etc, where the character's behaviour is more important than their labels.
Im not in the field, but I’ve read that in particular the Young Adult category has really been captured by this. I remember reading a bizarre article about someone being cancelled for something and it was really intense, and (I can’t remember if this was the same person or I’m combining two things I’ve read) but faked their own death and then “came back to life” years later. I’m going to try and find it again

EDIT: This isn’t the article I read as the one I read was more detailed but pretty sure this is the same scenario I described:

Also, this is the story of the “pretend suicide” author: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/susan-meachen-author-fake-death-b2265223.html?amp

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'm really pleased I found tattle some months back, and am now brave enough to post. It has really made me realise I am not mental in my way of thinking. Thanks to everyone for posting the links from twitter etc as I dont use these platforms so don't see them otherwise, I've learnt SO much because of these threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Most of you will remember Alex Cole-Hamilton who was unable to assign a gender to Adam Graham and was firmly on the gender train along with being friends with the lovely Beth......changing his tune now compared to December

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Who’s going to pretend to be shocked.
I had quite the debate with my daughter (who has been sucked in by the whole ‘trans women are women’ schtick) about this sort of scenario. She said it wasn’t a valid point as it’s not going to happen that often.
Even once is one time too many, but it’s getting to be every week now. One day if she has a daughter, I hope she’ll bear in mind how her and her age group facilitated this nonsense.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I had quite the debate with my daughter (who has been sucked in by the whole ‘trans women are women’ schtick) about this sort of scenario. She said it wasn’t a valid point as it’s not going to happen that often.
Even once is one time too many, but it’s getting to be every week now. One day if she has a daughter, I hope she’ll bear in mind how her and her age group facilitated this nonsense.
When people say this to me, I ask how many women are acceptable collateral damage to them, to save the feelings of men who think they're women. One? Ten? Why is their answer not zero? Why are women the ones who have to suffer?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Nah… duck off. :ROFLMAO: Stop the world I want to get off please, this has be satire. NOBODY can surely be offended by the word pan.

Websters dictionary defines pan as usually broad, shallow, and open container for domestic use (as for cooking)

Even if you were pansexual why would you be offended by the word pancake?!

I’m bleeping dying 😂

Reactions: 7
Boy at a Catholic school is arrested and suspended for standing up for the truth his understanding of men and women.
A 16 year old was arrested. Because the CATHOLIC SCHOOL said the truth his beliefs hurt feelings.
It's Canada which I guess says everything.
What in actual...

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Boy at a Catholic school is arrested and suspended for standing up for the truth his understanding of men and women.
A 16 year old was arrested. Because the CATHOLIC SCHOOL said the truth his beliefs hurt feelings.
It's Canada which I guess says everything.
What in actual...

That is bloody shocking- but not unsurprising for Canawoke.

Reactions: 10
Not a big deal in the scheme of things but I've received an outright ban from a Reddit community I've been an active member of for years. I don't tend to start threads but enjoy participating in discussion and seemed to get along well with everybody.
The mods have been getting more and more hardline (furious scolding and sarcastic, unnecessary reminders about TERFs) which I tried to look past in order to enjoy people's contributions. Tonight I've been told I broke a rule. No strike, no temporary ban. A permanent ban. I tried to politely apologise and appeal but was rudely rebuked.

It really was a minor infraction not intended with any malice. Nothing to do with trans or gender ideology 😁 I know Reddit has been this way for ages but I'm so fed up I've been excommunicated from a community I helped establish (possibly before this mod was even on the scene). It was a good community of people with a shared interest. It's left a bad taste in my mouth, I think I'll be giving Reddit a wide berth from now on and spending a bit more time over here!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Not a big deal in the scheme of things but I've received an outright ban from a Reddit community I've been an active member of for years. I don't tend to start threads but enjoy participating in discussion and seemed to get along well with everybody.
The mods have been getting more and more hardline (furious scolding and sarcastic, unnecessary reminders about TERFs) which I tried to look past in order to enjoy people's contributions. Tonight I've been told I broke a rule. No strike, no temporary ban. A permanent ban. I tried to politely apologise and appeal but was rudely rebuked.

It really was a minor infraction not intended with any malice. Nothing to do with trans or gender ideology 😁 I know Reddit has been this way for ages but I'm so fed up I've been excommunicated from a community I helped establish (possibly before this mod was even on the scene). It was a good community of people with a shared interest. It's left a bad taste in my mouth, I think I'll be giving Reddit a wide berth from now on and spending a bit more time over here!
You can’t apologise or appeal to authoritarian narcissists. If you find yourself in a community that won’t tolerate you on one thing, there’s no point in hiding your views because intolerant people are never just intolerant of one thing. If a community uses a slur to describe women who maintain a boundary, then reasonable people will never have a space in that community

Reactions: 20

It's had its day and it's over & now become infiltrated with thought-speak.
Leave them to it , you don't need it- or them.
Be among the norm! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thanks! The community itself is good, it's just been overtaken by power-tripping TRA mods. What they want with our niche interest community I do not know 🙄

Everyone else seems to rub along fine, no major dramas. I don't sense that the majority are strongly in the TRA camp but of course nobody can speak up. It's soured it for me in any case. At this rate it may well implode on its own.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks! The community itself is good, it's just been overtaken by power-tripping TRA mods. What they want with our niche interest community I do not know 🙄

Everyone else seems to rub along fine, no major dramas. I don't sense that the majority are strongly in the TRA camp but of course nobody can speak up. It's soured it for me in any case. At this rate it may well implode on its own.
It will - it'll end up dead , with 3 people posting occasionally on there ....

Reactions: 11

Any idea what you said that was “offensive”?

Reactions: 3
Any idea what you said that was “offensive”?
I do! I don't really want to derail the conversation with Reddit nonsense. I'd send you a private message but it doesn't seem to be an option on my account. Has the feature been removed? I looked at account settings but couldn't find it there either.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.