Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
Called out Susie Green for talking shit and look. I really hope this woman sees consequences for what she’s done to many confused young people.
I've no idea who this person is, but looking at their profile I can't help but wonder if some of these people are actually real, or created by Russia / China etc to create chaos in the West?! It all just seems so insane and provocative.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

HockyRorror

VIP Member
They absolutely are, but what is the money for ?
Im at a personal point from all of this now that if stupid people want to give their money away that they may or may not be able to afford then that is not my problem, I have enough of my my own right now lol.

But if a TRA announced similar on Twitter via a Tweet, like: “£100K raised for JK Rowling’s charity. Imagine if all this money raised had been given to trans charities instead?” I think it would be rightly viewed on this thread, at the very least, as completely bullshit!

appleskin

Chatty Member
political differences aside, I think she is a capable individual. I'm not sure why people are happy about this because the SNP are still in power ultimately and still support the bill. So, it'll just be someone else and not sure who will be as capable as Nicola.

Also, I wonder what her reasons will be? has she had it?
The biggest worry is who's in line to replace her? they could go harder with the self ID stuff?

Ensay

VIP Member
How would buying the game then smashing it be a protest? Isn't a sale a sale?
That guy always buys stuff to make videos of him smashing it up.

Weirdly he makes a lot more from the smashing things up videos than it cost him to buy the thing he destroys!

• Wow
  • Sad
That's bollocks about anti semitism and crap put out by those who want to attack JK.
They are goblins in the game, you know fantasy creatures! I despair at the crap I hear these days.

I'm going to start playing the game as soon as I can get my hands on a copy and I'll eat my bloody hat if there's any anti semitism. From what I've seen so far the game is an inclusive as it possibly could be.
I guess I'd have to play to know but the "Sirona Ryan" thing is 1000% clutching at straws, so I see where you're coming from (IIRC one of the books briefly mentioned that the Ireland Quidditch Team had a "Ryan" was that transphobic too?!)

maytoseptember

VIP Member
This annoys me too, my Mum said the other day about everyone just wants a label and we’re all on the spectrum in one way or another 🙄 she then referred to how she likes to do her washing in a particular way as an example. That’s one of the reasons why we don’t have a close relationship and she doesn’t even know about my struggles. I’m glad more people are being diagnosed and finding some support, it’s not nice to struggle. Hope your assessment goes well and my thinking is, at least if you know and are educated and compassionate, if you do pass to your children you can support them as required instead of trying bring them up in ways which are actually harmful ❤
Parents do find it especially hard to understand it all when they are undiagnosed autistic themselves and see autistic traits as normal. I had some success talking to my mum about it, gradually, over the years. She still doesn’t entirely get it though, although seemed to accept that she might have a few traits herself, as did her Dad before her.

As for kids, that ship has already sailed. Both autistic! I do at least hope I’m equipped to raise them because I understand what it’s like. It’s a difficult road though, and some days I wish they didn’t struggle with so many things.

• Heart

VC10

VIP Member
They're making an example of Kate Forbes. I think this will end her career and it's simply not right or fair, another woman being dragged through the mud as we've seen with Joanna Cherry (no idea why she has stuck with the SNP). She has never hidden her faith or beliefs so why is this coming as a surprise to some?

I don't agree with everything she has said (same with all politicians) but she has been honest and she's entitled to those views. This is meant to be a democracy. Seems like some people don't want to hear the truth.
They'll end up turning on & eating each other .

Ensay

VIP Member
The Free Press (the site that published the long article on the American gender clinic whistleblower last week) releases a podcast called The Witch Trials of JK Rowling next week - it's JKR being interviewed by Megan Phelps-Roper, who wrote Unfollow about her leaving the Westboro Baptist Church. Should be fascinating.

Thanks for posting this. Megan is great. I read Unfollow with great interest, having followed the WBC with some interest over the years. I was so happy when I learnt she'd escaped with her sister. But so sad how she had to cut all communication with her family that remained within the church; including her parents.

Hopefully if this is successful it leads to a more regular podcast where she interviews a range of people.

Yeah, the transwoman teacher in the 1960s girls school in The Queen’s Gambit was ridiculous.
I actually didnt notict the trans woman in The Queens Gambit but I thought the trans woman in Inventing Anna rediculous. I thought at the start she was supposed to be playing a character who had been trans but no, she was genuinely meant to be playing a character who was biological female in real life. So stupid and she didn't pass AT ALL!

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Seeing as how we often talk about him and he is currently trying to portray anti trans as all far right here he is from someone’s Twitter
OT but I watched his livestream on twitter yday and he was basically insisting that everyone who was kicking off in Knowsley the other day was nothing more than a far right fascist, and it just made me think what an utterly brain dead and pathetic take on the situation. There’s never any nuance to what he says either.
He was being such a fucking prick to anyone who disagreed with him as well, at one point he said to someone ‘I don’t want to patronize you’ and then went on to speak to them as if they were a child and called them stupid and a bigot.

I saw an interesting theory that a lot of this gender stuff has become popular as awareness of racism has increased and people pay more dues and attention to other cultures, sort of a selfish need and desire to find an identity which is quirky or different instead of just being “normal”. Would be interesting to see demographics in a study to see if this has any truth to it. I remember Dave Chapelle making a joke about something along these lines too.
It comes from US identity politics.

VC10

VIP Member
This is the real shit women get thrown at them
"Taliban fighters have stopped the sale of contraceptives in two of Afghanistan’s main cities, claiming their use by women is a western conspiracy to control the Muslim population."

Congratulations we're back to living in the middle ages 🤬
Well, they are , there, unfortunately...

• Sad

Ensay

VIP Member
So, still about the French version on HL.

As I have already written, the trans character has a female’s voice in French but she still says something about her old classmates not recognizing her because they knew her as a wizard and not a witch. This part of the convo sounds very weird and does not make sense.
🤪
Sounds like the French localisation team didn't get the memo. :D

• Haha
I hazard a guess she was only picked for The Crown because she looks a bit like Diana. She seems insufferable. Never ever would she be convincing as a man.
Probably yes to be honest, a while back I read an article about the girl they have cast as Kate Middleton in the upcoming final series. She had only ever acted in school productions before but they basically admitted they gave her the job on sight because she looks just like Kate so maybe the same happened with Corrin (although she was already a professional actress)