Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Yes, it is. I feel like there's maybe a lot of members who don't agree with those that are very vocal on the issue, but don't want to make themselves a target based on how you get treated. Maybe that's just me being hopeful though.

I'm not actually a member. I just lurk on there but I'm very tempted to join and have my say in that thread. They started a separate thread for strictly talk about the game itself but it got derailed by people saying that you shouldn't buy the game and that that thread was a trans exclusionary place. It is just unhinged.

Reactions: 7
The motives I can think of are county lines but she really doesn't look the type but could have been groomed as they do groom vulnerable people. Or it's something to do with sex/relationships I don't think it's straight out strangers killing just because of trans status. They knew her and it was personal 2 people have been charged but they can charge people on joint enterprise even if one only committed the murder.
Thanks for your reply. It's so sad, she just looks like an innocent kid and for her to be murdered by other children just adds to the tragedy of it all.

DoraMaar

VIP Member
Just seen
I don't think this is the Muslim Council of Great Britain - it refers to the "Muslim Council of UK' (should be The UK) - and there are other strange uses of language in it. If this is the Muslim Council of Great Britain, it would be a disaster for Sturgeon as her constituency (South Glasgow) has the largest Muslim pop in Scotland.

Tui

VIP Member
It is so interesting to me that the TRA’s are using this photo, and not some of the others on their social media pages. ‘Look see she was a teenage girl, you transphobic bigots, she passed!’ It’s all so calculated, this poor teenagers death isn’t even about them, it’s about TRA’s and their glee at having a victim they can hang their misogyny on.

View attachment 1961218
Still has an Adam’s apple though

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
Detransitioner suing medical professionals:

Good luck to her! She appeared in the documentary Affirmation Generation alongside other detransitioned men and women (who were/are extremely young)

VC10

VIP Member
What has Keir Starmer done to piss off those people at the vigil? Is this about getting rid of the old communist and anti-semite Corbyn?

The Labour Party do have to be more centrist to be elected. The problem with the Labour Party is that they appear to have forgotten who their core voters are - the working class people of Britain. Since they've been hijacked by communists, SJWs and the liberal elite they've lost touch with ordinary people.

I was talking to an old friend recently who has been a lifetime Labour voter and she said that she wouldn't vote for them now because she won't vote for anyone who doesn't know what a real woman is.
We certainly won't vote for them for exactly that.

Reactions: 6

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
Stating the name a person’s parents gave them at birth, which (unless the name chosen happened to be gender neutral like Taylor for example) typically matched their birth sex, is considered “deadnaming” and extremely impolite, if not harmful, in certain quarters. This sometimes goes a little far — Caitlyn Jenner was famous in her previous name and fathered children, won Olympic medals and was a TV personality in it, but the prevailing idea on social media is we should not utter a person’s previous name.
Unless of course the person who has changed their name still wants to use their old name!. There seem to be some individuals who are happy to use both names, and some who are furious if their old name is used.

Its a case of you lose both ways if you get it wrong...!!!

Falkor

VIP Member
I'm not that optimistic, Ash Regan resigned her ministerial post over the issue so was clear from the outset. Kate Forbes was on Mat Leave when the bill went through, but would clearly have opposed it.

Humza Yousef is just continuity Sturgeon, so if he gets in he will pursue the bill and not much else.

I worry that Kate Forbes and Ash Regan will split the vote of the sensible and Humza gets in. He's been rubbish in a series of ministerial posts, hope Kate and Ash can cut a deal so that it is only 2 candidates.
It's interesting that Keith Brown, the Deputy Leader, isn't stepping down, which blocks Kate and Ash from hammering out a deal between them to fill both posts in the way that Salmond and Sturgeon did. It's a preference vote, so if that was presented to the party Humza would have to get over 50% of the vote in the first round to win and I couldn't see that happening if there was an option of 1/2 for Kate and Ash.

The news about Brianna is just terrible. My nibling is thinking about their gender a lot at the moment and luckily has a gender neutral name, so they don’t have to think about changing it for now. Their mum is upset about it but is trying her best to understand. 13 is so young but if they’re adamant, you do have to be a supportive family member. A happy nibling is more important than our worries, imo. We are all keeping an open mind to allow them to keep an open mind also.

Notworthy

VIP Member
The Muslim council of the UK have come out of support of both female candidates and asked that Humza Yousaff who they are against is asked the exact same questions as KF was about marraige etc. It has not come out that he deliberately booked a meeting on the day that final vote was due to come through. As I pointed out on another thread one of the main things about the wee free is the sabbath is sacred so all the shops are closed. However you could not spin that Forbes once she is FM would close Scotland on a Sunday as its preposterous. However despite knowing exactly how laws are enacted in the SG people somehow believe she would be able to snap her fingers and gay marraige would end.
I posted yesterday on that thread. We all know that if it was any other religion then nothing would be said so fair play to the Muslim Council for recognising that. There was an article on the BBC making that point but at some point during the day the article was changed and all mention of Humza was removed!!

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
About ten years ago Rebecca Root (transwoman actor) was the lead in a sitcom called Boy Meets Girl where he and his new boyfriend navigate the obstacles in their relationship resulting from Root's character being trans and about 15 years older. It was cancelled pretty quickly (it was very boring and would still be boring even if it were about a natal woman dating a younger man) but I wonder if it'd be controversial now since the main character is immediately upfront with the boyfriend about being trans, even though it's obvious?
These days they would be utterly terrified of cancelling it due to the backlash from that sector.

• Heart

ShinyPolitoed

Is this rllmuk you are talking about? Certainly sounds like it. If anybody was to ask these sad middle aged men what JK actually said that was bad you'd just get no answer and be called a bigot. And they always fall back on the holy trinity of bad faith, strawman and whataboutery when they hear something they don't like.
Yes, it is. I feel like there's maybe a lot of members who don't agree with those that are very vocal on the issue, but don't want to make themselves a target based on how you get treated. Maybe that's just me being hopeful though.

Autumncolors

What is happening here 🤣 they look like they can’t ice skate what business do they have being on the ice? Is it like Finnish dancing on ice?

ETA lol’ing at the comments…. ‘It is hard to skate if you have three legs’
I didn’t see this comment. I can’t 😂😂😂😂😂. I am laughing alone 😂😂😂😂.

• Haha

Ensay

VIP Member
I am in 100% agreement with you, especially your last post. But I also equally think peoples money are their own money to spend how they want, no matter their personal beliefs, whether those beliefs are biological or ideological and it should be nobody else’s business! (Obviously family and partner aside). To me that runs down a similar path of “why are you buying alcohol for yourself when it damages your body and the lives around you, you could be sending that money to an alcohol anonymous group instead!
I agree and it's actually very fair of you to point out that criticism of where people donate money to can be wildly inconsistent.

Many will say "You could have done X with that money" to others, but wouldn't like it if the same thing was said to them about money they'd chosen to spend.

I generally don't say where I've donated money to now, as I've had criticism before -- eg someone saying "well, that money will probably only go to the CEO!!!"