Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading the comments and it seems that everyone is just as confused, but trying to be polite about it. It's all attention seeking. Who cares.

The "women in prison are no angels" comment tells you everything you need to know about how TiMs such as India view women. That women in prison are fair game and deserve to be attacked.

India came out with the usual bollocks about how trans people are 20x more likely to be attacked. I'm sure India is well aware that women are murdered daily because they're women. As someone who claims to be a biological woman (!), you'd think India would be fighting our corner. But their hatred for woman was so clear last night.
He's trying to make out they are aggressive and tough. And they might be more than a more privaleged but I have a chance defending myself against the average woman and not a hope in hell with the average man.

Reactions: 13
Christ can spot the AGP a mile off…

up in the university area; most guys and girls are wearing jeans/tshirts/warm coats…. Standard casual clothes for either sex…

AGP struts in - fishnets, docs, mini skirt, bright pink blazer. Skinny ass legs and gig Adam’s apple and a crappy ponytail. To the library…

what do they think they look like? Why do they think women dress like this.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
162B0B5C-0E92-46BB-8E8F-B9D83E082894.jpeg

Gosh, I always read about women exposing their fannies when confronted by the police. Why don’t the papers just avoid using tit like ‘her penis’ (🤮🤮🤮) and use ‘the accused’ or even just the name? Clunky but no more clunky than her penis FFS.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1933148
Gosh, I always read about women exposing their fannies when confronted by the police. Why don’t the papers just avoid using tit like ‘her penis’ (🤮🤮🤮) and use ‘the accused’ or even just the name? Clunky but no more clunky than her penis FFS.
£320? Good- less money the bleep can spend on fags

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What a display from India last night on Question Time. I imagine he thought he was being very clever with his "bad apples" comment. But it totally dilutes the seriousness of what the likes of Adam Graham, Andrew Burns (the bloke who called himself Tiffany Scott), and Stephen Wood (AKA Karen White) have been found guilty of.

To me, a bad apple is someone who is deliberately disruptive, dishonest, unpleasant. That sort of thing. Rapists and violent men are more than bleeping BAD APPLES. They are criminals who should be locked up in a MEN'S prison.

I will never let anyone minimise those crimes and brush them off as someone being a bad apple. This is something I've noticed time and time again with TiMs, the manipulation is so obvious once you see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What a display from India last night on Question Time. I imagine he thought he was being very clever with his "bad apples" comment. But it totally dilutes the seriousness of what the likes of Adam Graham, Andrew Burns (the bloke who called himself Tiffany Scott), and Stephen Wood (AKA Karen White) have been found guilty of.

To me, a bad apple is someone who is deliberately disruptive, dishonest, unpleasant. That sort of thing. Rapists and violent men are more than bleeping BAD APPLES. They are criminals who should be locked up in a MEN'S prison.

I will never let anyone minimise those crimes and brush them off as someone being a bad apple. This is something I've noticed time and time again with TiMs, the manipulation is so obvious once you see it.
Yes! I've seen TIMs (Jane Fae etc) talk about rapists and say things like "that's one example of a trans person doing....not nice things...it doesn't they're all like that". Not nice things 😐

• Angry
Reactions: 14
View attachment 1933148
Wtf was it only a £320 fine?? That deserves a stint in a mens prison and also to be put on the sex offenders register.

Reactions: 12

They always forget the end of that adage (the police do it too). One bad apple spoils the whole barrel...they are all bleeping rotten.

Reactions: 13

This wouldn’t work, right?
I sincerely hope that it wouldnt work.......but if they are already doing it for some women, I assume it must be a matter of time?

It just sounds expensive, intrusive and a very complicated way to go about making a baby. Id assume the foetus would be created via IVF, as I cant see how the womb would be able to create viable eggs on a monthly basis, in a male body, and would need a caesarian towards the end

Reactions: 4
I have a grammar question.
As a French citizen English can be confusing and these new pronouns are impossible to learn obviously.
But, I am wondering: when a person wants us to use « they/them » are we supposed to use the plural after or the singular form of the verbs? They are or they is? As it’s for one person?

And why don’t they want us to use « it/its »?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hope this is ok to post here as it’s unique to the female experience-

has anyone upped their personal safety game since the high profile police rape-murders and all this self ID crap?

I also walk home in shoes I can run in and I have an attack alarm. Haven’t felt the need to carry one since university but now I do.

eta- spelling

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I sincerely hope that it wouldnt work.......but if they are already doing it for some women, I assume it must be a matter of time?

It just sounds expensive, intrusive and a very complicated way to go about making a baby. Id assume the foetus would be created via IVF, as I cant see how the womb would be able to create viable eggs on a monthly basis, in a male body, and would need a caesarian towards the end
One word means it’s impossible.
Placenta.

a woman grows a whole organ to provide oxygen and nourishment through the umbilical cord.

science fiction

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I have a grammar question.
As a French citizen English can be confusing and these new pronouns are impossible to learn obviously.
But, I am wondering: when a person wants us to use « they/them » are we supposed to use the plural after or the singular form of the verbs? They are or they is? As it’s for one person?

And why don’t they want us to use « it/its »?
To answer your first question, you would still say "they are", not "they is".

While I think the they/them pronouns thing is silly, there are cases where it's acceptable to use they/them in a singular fashion in English.

For example, I often have a managers' meeting at work where I give feedback on what team members have told me, but I want to keep each person anonymous. So I might say: "One of my team members said they felt team morale was low". I deliberately don't give the gender of the team member to ensure it's harder to work out who I'm talking about.

I suppose I could say "One of my team members said he or she felt team morale was low", but to be honest it sounds more awkward, probably because it draws attention to the fact I'm trying to anonymise the feedback. In that context, "they" is more commonly used and sounds more natural.

To answer your second question, you don't really use "it" or "its" for a person in English because it comes across as rude, due to the dehumanising nature of the word. People who choose to use "it" or "its" in that way almost always mean it as an insult -- e.g. "tell it I'm not speaking to it!".

Here endeth the grammar lesson. 😂

Reactions: 10

It won't work because of this - the metal ball is the size of a baby's head

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.