Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My question was no form of gotcha, but it’s very rare to have someone of the posters life experience and intelligence interacting in a space with people who wouldn’t welcome them into a single sex space I’m sure they use regularly. If you consider it to be a gotcha it’s because there is obviously a line at which it wouldn’t matter to some women and that is that they would have to pass completely as their new gender.

It just seems quite jarring that one minute people say things like the post above and then thank the poster for contributing to the conversation because they share certain views that are the same. But if that poster walked into that single sex changing room and you knew nothing about them you’d be up in arms, something which I’m sure they do all the time.

Saying my conversation is basic because it’s pro-nouns and bathrooms etc, pretty much most of what trans people are asking for is those things and safe medical care.

And no I don’t think blue would suit me thank you, I think you’d rock it though xo

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Trans women have used women's toilets for many years without attracting attention. That's because they had actually transitioned and simply looked like any other woman and conducted themselves in a way that meant no one noticed. Now it seems they have a need to draw attention to themselves to make some kind of point. Having known a number of trans women, I know that there's that awkward period between pre and post-op; when the person is living as a woman but still has a cock. That, again, is entirely different to what's going on now.

I'm confused about the tampon machine. If a man really wants to use one, is he going to use it in the men's loos? Would he not be trying to pass as a woman and use the women's?
Those that did it were noticed. Women are trained from an early age to STFU around men in such scenarios. The vast majority of them have zero chance of 'passing'.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
they never had one in the horseshoe last week and I was gutted as I was planning on pretending I was blackadder just before going over the front
I think I'm too young for this one, which is something I rarely say these days, so thank you. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s free in the mens and we have to pay 😂
Either would I. Its still one of the worlds biggest injustices, It still baffles me that Ireland is the only country in the EU without VAT on tampons and it took us leaving to do that too here!

I'm confused about the tampon machine. If a man really wants to use one, is he going to use it in the men's loos? Would he not be trying to pass as a woman and use the women's?
Pretty sure the tampons are for female to male trans people, nothing to do with male to female trans people which seems to be what people have somehow labeled it as. Its for what a lot of people here would define as women presenting as men.

Reactions: 1
Everyone knows that’s what it’s for. We aren’t stupid. It’s a waste of money because very few trans identifying females are going to go in the mens toilet because, as we keep being told, they aren’t safe. And the ones that do feel confident that they pass enough to go in aren’t going to out themselves by buying period products from a machine.

Reactions: 36
Those that did it were noticed. Women are trained from an early age to STFU around men in such scenarios. The vast majority of them have zero chance of 'passing'.
Well actually, I was never trained to "STFU" around any men in any scenarios.

Reactions: 2
Everyone knows that’s what it’s for. We aren’t stupid. It’s a waste of money because very few trans identifying females are going to go in the mens toilet because, as we keep being told, they aren’t safe. And the ones that do feel confident that they pass enough to go in aren’t going to out themselves by buying period products from a machine.
Ding ding ding. Exactly right.

Reactions: 12
If you had read the thread it begs the question why are you asking that question? That is a hypothetical question as you are incapable of answering questions.

Within this discussion there are probably quite a few people that would have said JK Rowling was transphobic 2, 3 or whatever years ago but having done reading on their own have come to the opposite opinion (JK is just an example). The group for many here is the only forum that allows them to articulate their viewpoints that have evolved over time through many interactions. Despite it being explained to you on numerous occasions that any viewpoint does correlate with how we view the whole group you ignore that. You continually (poorly) try to paint us as people that have never interacted with any trans person whilst your viewpoint is the right one as you have experienced X, Y and Z.
It interests me that the only person that SueDoyou seems to respect on this thread is the bloke, not women with boundaries.

I literally asked someone had they interacted with many younger trans people and what the reaction from them was because the younger trans people could learn a lot from them...it begs the question, did you even read what I wrote?

The question I asked re spaces is a genuine one. The majority of people in this thread think that transexual/transgender people shouldn't be allowed to share spaces. Fantastic opportunity to meet someone as intelligent and experienced as the poster who has lived that truth for the majority of their life and see what their opinion is on that.

You just need to take the back up off the wall and be prepared to conversate with people with slightly different views without jumping down their necks and being condescending. Its no wonder the topic is such a heated one on the wider internet. I would hate to see how you talk to trans people.
We're completely fine with trans people sharing spaces with their own sex.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She’s been fired.

Best news I’ve heard all day (and partially makes up for Englands shocking performance).

Her child has deleted their Twitter feed all the way back to 2014.

Can’t wait to see her in handcuffs. Dr Sidbh “Megele” Gallagher will hopefully be next.
Looks like the official story is that she’s stepped down. I wonder if she’s done it to try and avoid an investigation, thinking if she just resigns and deletes her child’s history, it all goes away?

I hope Dr Gallagher will face consequences for her actions but could never see it in the USA sadly.

Reactions: 13
Looks like the official story is that she’s stepped down. I wonder if she’s done it to try and avoid an investigation, thinking if she just resigns and deletes her child’s history, it all goes away?

I hope Dr Gallagher will face consequences for her actions but could never see it in the USA sadly.
Yeah right…she stepped down cos the Board demanded she do so 😂🤣

CEOs are never fired, they always “step down”…because the Chair says they have to. It’s a firing dressed up as resignation for PR reasons.

Everything about the timing and wording of yesterday’s announcement strongly suggests to me that something bad has is about to be exposed, whether it’s something in the Sunday papers or the Charity Commission judgement is imminent, or something else, so the Board has panicked, taken legal advice and forced Green out.

Happy to be proven wrong and we’ll find out pretty soon I reckon 😊

Gallagher will get hers. She’s mutilated too many minors and the spotlight’s starting to get a bit hot.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.