Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
I'll also add, nobody here is mindlessly making fun of people for being different, we're simply stating facts, mainly that:

- Men commit ~98% of violent and sex offences and this doesn't change when they "identify" as women

- Women and children are often the victims and this is why we have safeguarding and single sex spaces

- Women don't have to change our language or accommodate any man just because they say we should.

As someone who has been in an abusive relationship with a man, a lot of trans rhetoric reflects an abuse dynamic, for example - suicide threats, saying stuff like, "you wish I didn't exist" when a reasonable boundary is set, DARVO, inability to take any criticism and threats of/actual violence when you don't concede. I've heard it all before and it's not gonna wash now.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
The whole 'People can get attacked anywhere' argument pisses me off, so because we know men attack women in broad daylight we should just make it even easier for them, should we? Let them in every place women are vulnerable? Absolute bullshit.

I think there are 'genuine trans' people as in people who have gender dysphoria, and they're mentally ill. The only reason that's a useful distinction to make is because there's now 'self ID trans' people who do not have gender dysphoria, and the only mental illness they have is pathological attention seeking.

I don't mind being called a TERF but really I think it's a misnomer because if your feminism doesn't centre women you're not a feminist. So I would prefer to stop calling lib fems feminists, because feminism that includes and, increasingly focuses on, biological men just isn't feminism. TERFism is just...real feminism.

• Heart

Question for the evening - who is your dream #TeamTERF celebrity? Mine would be Beyoncé. She's got backlash recently for going to a Dave Chappelle gig but people ignored it because of how popular she is.

The meltdown would be extraordinary!

Ah, so Macy has hit the ‘“be kind” can get in the bin’ stage, just as I predicted! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Something I meant to say earlier about taking breaks.

We also have to celebrate the small (and big) wins along the way. Maya winning the employment tribunal was huge. As was Maya getting recognition for her right to hold gender critical views.

But there are lots of small wins as well. More and more people waking up to every aspect of what's going on. Toilets are no longer going to be gender neutral. We won that. The recognition that gender ideology cannot exist alongside sex recognition.

Someone point out that Elliot Page can't have it both ways. When Ellen Page married her wife, they both identified as lesbians. Now that Elliot Page has decided to be a man, his wife can no longer call herself lesbian. I think they're getting divorced but the point stands. If Page is a man then his wife isn't a lesbian. If his wife is a lesbian, then Page can't be a man.

They're never going to square that circle. And we can keep pointing out every time this happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

bcfc999

Chatty Member
I'm actually laughing at the 'bit one sided in here' thing 🤣 the TRA types who post in here ditch it after a couple of posts when they realise most in here are only interested in facts and evidence, not just 'men are women because I believe it, actually' and how can you even argue with that? I honestly believe they're like some kind of weird religious cult, you literally cannot argue people out of it because they don't want to hear it or engage with any kind of critical reasoning.
Completely agree. I am getting so, so tired of seeing people bitching about this thread on other threads, saying how one-sided we are, how unwilling to engage in debate, when the truth is we have shown ourselves perfectly willing to debate whenever someone with different views comes in. The problem is, it's hard to have any kind of discussion with someone who comes in, shouts "you're all terfs! Transphobe! How is this thread allowed?!" and flounces off. Sorry what do you expect? Obviously it's going to be one-sided if nobody from the other side can handle hearing other viewpoints and stick around for longer than a few pages.

• Heart

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Was around 2010 and she travelled to Sweden 😊 Her gender reassignment clinic is up in dublin.

It's gender dysmorphia. It's a real thing. She spend 15 years in a boys body before finally being able to change.

Anyway I'm not going to reply to anymore.

I think this thread is a good thing and bad. Good to openly discuss issues but there are genuine trans people.

Please get educated. Any of you could have a transgender child and we don't need more of them in pain 💖

Plenty of info on the hse website or for those in the uk on the NHS.

And please look up what happened at mayo pride.

Peace !
You think we're not educated, but we just don't agree with you. How about you educate yourself about what we believe?

Namely, there is no such thing as being "trapped in the wrong body". This is because gender is not innate, it is a social construct created by society telling us what is acceptable for girls or boys. Gender discomfort is caused by not conforming to society's gender expectations. The solution is to defy these expectations, not cut your penis off.

The child was a boy with stereotypically feminine interests. All he ever needed was to be told that anyone can play with any toy and wear whatever they want. That boys can do and be whatever they want in the whole world. For someone to accept him for who he is.

Not brainwash him at age 3 that because he likes girly things that means he's not really a boy, hence making him feel uncomfortable in his body.

• Heart

Cassandra333

VIP Member
The fact you think we "don't understand" seems like sheer arrogance on your part, although you do seem very young so perhaps it's that.
I'm from Manchester 👋

It's not just arrogance, it's patronising crap. I bet any money that I was marching for gay rights before that idiot was born. I started in the late 1970's. I've always had gay friends. I've also had transwomen friends. But they were very aware that they're not women. They knew they were men.

No one is trying to stop transwomen from existing and it's just that sort of claim which disgusts us. We're happy for them to exist, good luck to them. What we're out to stop is them describing themselves as females. Because they're not.

We have rights too.

• Heart

Cassandra333

VIP Member
I Straight men who claim to be lesbians are manipulative as fuck.
I think some women/men have become more vehement about refusing to use some trans peoples, chosen pronouns, eg deliberately calling Lia Thomas, the swimmer, he, rather than going along with the accepted convention of calling Lia Thomas, she.

This kind of thing is deliberately antagonising the conversation, because it isnt being polite or kind, to individuals who may have major mental health issues and need a lot of help.....but........ I do understand why some people end up feeling like this, and deliberately saying this kind of thing.
Lia Thomas is a man. He's a man who enjoyed walking around naked in the women's changing room. Not one of the women were allowed to challenge it, they were forced to accept it. Basically young women were subjected to this pervert because if they didn't accept it, they were out of the team. The man was allowed to abuse the women in this way because 'trans'.

Women are no longer able to state their sexual boundaries. Think about that.

We're not the ones antagonising the conversation. That would be the TRA's. We're simply stating facts and insisting that our sex based rights be upheld.

I'm not going to be kind. Being kind is what got women here. I'm sorry if they have mental health issues and I fully support them receiving help for those issues. But mental illness isn't solved by surgery and hormones.

I have mental health issues too. I don't expect the world to adapt to my delusions because I recognise that I have a mental illness. I'm not expecting the population to change definitions and words and LAWS to protect me.

We have to draw the line in the sand. Otherwise we'll lose everything we fought for. Trans Ideology is abusive and dangerous. We can't be kind about it. It's ruining lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Harvey Milk deserves to have his own day.

The problem with Pride is that it's become a march for trans people and those with kinks and fetishes. I could care less about what sane, safe and CONSENSUAL adults do BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. I don't want to see it. I don't want children to see it and I believe it shouldn't be on the high street.

Look at photo's from the first Pride days. People wore normal clothes. I remember, I was there.

The LGB has long wanted to drop the T. In the UK, the man who started Stonewall left Stonewall because of the way LGB people were being treated and started up the LGB Alliance. (Is that how you spell 'alliance'?)

Today we're being saturated with trans ideology every where we turn. It's not just Pride 'month', it's every single day. Its in our schools, in the House Of Commons, in the NHS, and everywhere else. It has to be stopped. We can't all be held hostage by the transcult.

• Heart

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
It's exhausting and partially why I took a bit of a step back lately, and I've noticed a few regular posters on here seem to have done the same ☹ very grateful this thread exists, its reminded me I'm not completely barking mad for thinking these things.
I do recommend taking a break from GC stuff to people when they need to (I've done it myself a few times). It's an important fight but you can't pour from an empty cup and sometimes it's worth having a few weeks to recharge.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head as regards being a black woman in a country with a terrifying gun problem.

Look at the recent doxxing of JKR’s home address, the pipe bomb threat she received last week, the aforementioned rape threats against Maz Evans’ daughter along with proof that she was easily findable.

I can only imagine the hate Macy has received, and in a country where inadequate white men regularly vent their frustrations via mass shootings, I’d be utterly petrified if I was her.

I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to minimise her legitimate concerns for the safety of herself and those around her as being fiscally motivated.
I liked this person's take on it

• Heart

bananabutter

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s been discussed on here so apologies if it has but has anyone seen on Twitter that Uber do not allow passengers to request female drivers because it’s “discriminatory” towards men, but now any driver who “identifies as a female” can request female only passengers.

This is disgusting! Once again male desires come before female safety. What happens if a woman doesn’t want to get in a car with a TIM. Will she be called transphobic by Uber????

• Angry
  • Wow

bcfc999

Chatty Member
I absolutely have a problem with drag and have been told off for this by a gay guy I know 😂 sorry love I don't think men dressing up as caricatures of women is a legitimate "job" and certainly has nothing to do with pride as I understand it.

• Heart

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
Delurking to share this. Am I nuts or is this person nuts? Why in the name of fuck would you NOT want doctors to ask questions before agreeing to cut your body parts off? Duty of care is more important than some bruised feelings, bloody hell.

Ok, as you were 😆
It really annoys me that when women with cancer have their breasts removed, it's called "double masectomy".
When trans men have their breasts removed, it's coyly named "top surgery". Why is the name different for women and (pretend) men?

For the poster who asked if any of us "work in medicine". I work in midwifery. I can categorically state that women have babies. Not biological men, and definitely not trans women. Anyone can call themselves anything they like*, but biology will win out in the end, no matter how many bits you chop off.

*That's not strictly true though, is it? If I come to work, put on a white coat and hang a stethoscope around my neck, call myself a doctor, and go around giving medical advice to people, I'd be in a lot of trouble. We can't just insist that we're something we're not. The world doesn't work like that!

• Heart

PastryPolly

The majority seem to be against trans people existing
Nope, I fully support people living their life however they wish, but not at the expense of women and girls legal rights to safe spaces, designed for them only.
Why can't trans people advocate for their own spaces? Why should we have to pander to their delusions and make room for them? It's got nothing to do with us.
If Stanley decides that he's a woman and wants to call himself Barbara and wants to wear frilly dresses and make up then more power to him, live your life, BUT I will not be suspending my belief in reality and refer to him as a she and think it's OK for him to barge his way into womens spaces and tell ME what being a woman and feeling like a woman is. The arrogance!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Utterly ridiculous.

Also, isn't it interesting how zero GC people have covered their faces in black fabric, torn and destroyed signs, physically attacked marchers and stalked/trapped members in buildings.

Guess that only happens at women's rights / SSA marches. Hmm... wonder why.
It’s like the complaints when Jess Phillips read out the list of murdered women in light of the murder of Sarah Everard and the TRAs were indignant that trans women were prejudicially excluded from the list. And yet no trans women had actually been murdered in the time period in question 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36