Gender Discussion #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Watching BBC lunch news I missed the start of the story but it was about transgender athletes in cycling. Some dude from a charity called Pride Out talking about the discrimination of not allowing transgender women to compete in women events and saying people should ‘compete in whichever category they identify’

makes my blood BOIL. Trans men never want to compete in male events, why? Because someone born female can’t identify out of the disadvantage it would give them against men. But the reverse doesn’t seem to dissuade men from becoming Emily and competing in womens events. Make a 3rd category!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
22-06-30-13-30-03-528_deco.jpg

22-06-30-13-32-01-113_deco.jpg

From the last thread: this relates to a Japanese woman who has received attention on social media for saying she was abused/exploited while working as a traditional maiko in Kyoto. She was found to have tweeted that transwomen should not use women's toilets or traditional baths, and that she believes many of them are "perverts pretending to be trans." She says she experienced repeated abuse by male patrons as a teenager, including groping and being forced to bathe naked with them - yet she's now being discredited because she is suspicious of men.

Her views on trans people are also irrelevant to the subject. I have (for instance) experienced severe workplace bullying. If my tweets revealed I were an anti-Semite, that would speak negatively of me. It would have nothing to do with the bullying, it wouldn't mean I was lying or less credible, and it wouldn't mean I should be silenced because "she's hurting Jewish people." By all means do not give me a public platform specifically to discuss my prejudiced views, but it's still irrelevant to the topic at hand

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Watching BBC lunch news I missed the start of the story but it was about transgender athletes in cycling. Some dude from a charity called Pride Out talking about the discrimination of not allowing transgender women to compete in women events and saying people should ‘compete in whichever category they identify’

makes my blood BOIL. Trans men never want to compete in male events, why? Because someone born female can’t identify out of the disadvantage it would give them against men. But the reverse doesn’t seem to dissuade men from becoming Emily and competing in womens events. Make a 3rd category!
They should compete as their biological sex.

Reactions: 17
Just read this piece by Sarah Wheaton about JK Rowling.

I find it hard to articulate what bothers me about this, although I feel annoyed about many things. Especially the loser TIM who whines about how inciting violence online has caused him some backlash.

As Sarah is someone I know personally, and whom I respected as a journalist, I feel quite disappointed.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Well, that's a "finish the sentence" setup if ever I saw one.

"Um, I guess because I craved the media attention, notoriety and money that would flow from countless 'Man is pregnant / gives birth' stories and Guardian 'think pieces' I could do".

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There are two posters in the Gabby thread mentioning they lick their TIM partners’ balls 🤮🤮 no one cares about what you get up to in your STRAIGHT relationships. Calling it your “girlfriend’s balls” is bleeping vile.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Don’t know which thread that is but I wouldn’t be surprised if those posters were TIMs themselves posting their little fantasies. Or even 2 accounts of the same perv. I find it hard to believe that women up and down the country are a) in relationships with TWs; b) lick their balls; and c) 2 of them find themselves on the same tattle thread on the same day.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
More demands. A transgender bill of rights. The presenters on this channel are not impressed.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
There are two posters in the Gabby thread mentioning they lick their TIM partners’ balls 🤮🤮 no one cares about what you get up to in your STRAIGHT relationships. Calling it your “girlfriend’s balls” is bleeping vile.
I rolled my eyes so much at that, wasn’t even relevant to the discussion, I hate how it’s just jammed in anywhere now

Reactions: 14
I rolled my eyes so much at that, wasn’t even relevant to the discussion, I hate how it’s just jammed in anywhere now
There used to be a horrible woman on Twitter (might still be there) who's husband decided to transition. She announced proudly to the world that she was a lesbian now. In fact she never shut up about it. Constantly talking about being a lesbian and how society treated her as a lesbian. It was ridiculous and offensive but she carried on with it. At least until I got kicked off Twitter. For all I know she's still doing it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Sometimes I worry that people on the outskirts of the debate think that the only issue is women's sports and nothing else is happening.. As important as sex-seggregated sporting is, what's happening in shelters and prisons is so harrowing.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I was at a swimming pool today and there was a man wearing a bikini. I didn’t see him thankfully, but my friend did in the changing room as she was taking her child for their swimming lesson 🤢 and I heard 2 women talking about how they’d “caught a p*edo” and that they should have pulled one of his bikini strings. (I’m not saying trans = p*edo but I’m guessing something more specific happened to make them use that word).
Also, last week someone else I know was flashed at in a park (3 women and 6 very young girls present) by a man in a dress who was having a wank.

Not sure what my point is, but just dropping this here as I know you will all sympathise.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
One of the main arguments we had was over single space bathrooms/changing area's. We were called the usual bigots/transphobes/nazi's because we were saying that transwomen are abusive. But that wasn't what we were saying at all. We argued that under self i.d., any predator could claim to be a woman and access women's spaces. Did they honestly think that abusive men wouldn't put on a dress and a bit of lippy if it got him near vulnerable women? Of course they totally ignored that argument and pretended we'd never said it.
Eventually we pointed out that trans identified men committed violent crimes at exactly the same rates as men. But they ignored that too.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
From a different forum. This is to do with that woman who felt unable to speak at a rape crisis centre because there was a "trans woman" there who looked and dressed like a man. This post got the following unhinged reply.

Yes, lets ignore the fact that she was raped and let's accuse her of being a dirty TERF because she is guilty of wrongthink. Just have a think and consider how a woman might feel in a rape support group if there was a man there saying he was a trans woman? Every woman I know says they would feel VERY ill at ease having a man there watching them talk in that situation.

Stop calling trans women men. We are NOT men.

Suing a RAPE CRISIS centre because you're prejudiced about a fellow victim, who is there because she has been raped and is in crisis, is absolutely disgraceful.

If you support this horrendous action, you are a disgrace to humanity. It's totally inexcusable.

Just crazy.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Research is beginning to reveal that trans people retain their original levels of distress after transitioning. This is because they're fundamentally unhappy with themselves. You can't escape from yourself no matter how much 'treatment' you throw at it. Your original character remains intact. You must address the origin of the distress and it won't be about living in the wrong body that's for sure. The 'wimmin and the men feelz' are human feelings and there exists in every one of us, those feelings because we're all human. The trans people seek to be something other than human because they can't accept being human. This is why they remain trapped in their unhappiness.

They need a hefty dose of Stoic Philosophy.

The AGPs just need a slap 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t know if this is an American viewpoint mainly but I’ve seen it said by a few young British adoptees - I’ve attached some screenshots I’ve seen in response to Roe va Wade and the discussion of adoption. Now I don’t believe women should be forced to have children, I don’t believe adoption is the alternative of abortion and those couples holding ‘we will adopt your baby’ signs at anti abortion protests are creepy AF. But I am quite shocked about how there are so many adoptees who are flat out against adoption. Of course they have gone through trauma themselves and every adoption story begins with trauma. But I don’t get why so many are so vitriolic against any form of adoption, adoptive parents talking about how they talk with their adoptive children and include them as much as their biological children and adoptees who have said they have had a good life. It’s almost like they want the process of adoption and fostering to end but what would happen to the children in care etc? I know that adoption isn’t perfect and people can be abused and damaged by it but I’m not sure what solution they want? It also hit a point because in the U.K. today adoption charities have asked people to think about adopting older children, children of different colour, children with disabilities- I’m worried if this thought process becomes prevalent then more children will stay in care?
Would be great if anyone who is an adoptee could weight in too because I am a bit perplexed by this viewpoint.
F807D416-9DE1-496E-906D-4E10BB1E98C9.jpeg
B1AA922C-163A-485D-8EEC-459049BEE897.jpeg
9F3B6CA5-4D03-4F22-AF7B-9817E35430F9.jpeg
A3444C59-8B7B-4ED9-9B97-DBC751C388E0.jpeg
0AD0B8D2-90B3-44DF-8FFB-A22314A2EE5B.jpeg
0E662EA8-920A-4255-9B24-922099B8062B.jpeg
6DF40C3F-3B13-4652-81A5-FB29B6F8E3D8.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I'm not adopted and none of my children were adopted so I can't speak from experience. But that is so sad. I've never heard anyone talk about this. I've heard all sorts of stories about care homes but never this. It's heartbreaking. But I wonder about the suicide statistic and where it's come from. Might go and do some research into it.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.