Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soph30

VIP Member
Like, I don’t have a problem with REAL trans women saying they’re females (although they’re not quite the same) but not every second bloody person is trans, it’s like 0.1% of the whole world in reality- half of these new trans people are just attention seeking

Reactions: 2

Bette21

I don’t celebrate any of them. But equating one day with about 90 days of celebration isn’t the same. I look at it quite simply - there is absolutely nothing wrong with being LGB (there’s not even anything wrong with being T as long as you make the difference between sex and gender and make sure that single-sec stuff is respected), but nor is it anything special. One day / weekend is perfectly enough, same as for Mothers and Fathers.
But that’s sort of the point, no one celebrates them except perhaps the people who they are relevant to, but mostly I doubt it. It doesn’t affect your life at all, no? Just let people call a random Tuesday Gay Uncle day and get on with your life.

Cassandra333

VIP Member
If anyone wants to hit back at trans supporting media (Let's face it, anyone that speaks up for women and against trans ideology is attacked, what's good for the goose etc), if you have a second today why not give a one star rating to the Before Brunch podcast?
I usually enjoy that podcast but they have released an episode today calling Macy & Bette transphobic, transwomen are women and justifying it by saying "womanhood is not a collective experience". Utter rot from what I thought were two intelligent women. We should be sending a signal anywhere we can that we don't all buy into this, that we don't agree.
Where can you get that? Do you have to pay?

JAR21

VIP Member
He tweeted this in January of this year (though it seems he has now deleted it so perhaps he’s had a change of heart). Handily Marilyn came along to hand his arse to him (‘Widow Twanky’ 😆)

And there’s some other stuff from a couple of years ago too.
That seems to be different to what I thought I saw some time ago. Either I didn't see what I thought I did, or he's changed his mind!

It’s not like anyone’s compelled to celebrate or even recognise them, though. Most people wouldn’t even know they existed without seeing that list.

So I don’t really see any issue. Maybe it’s just me, though!
No I didn't get the outrage either. I doubt anyone is aware of "pansexual day of visibility" or that any corporations are making their employees celebrate any of the days on it bar Pride.

Also its from twitter or Facebook, I'd say two thirds of those dates are made up so people can be faux outraged.

How one-sided would it be if, as you apparently wish given your comments elsewhere, we weren't "allowed" to voice gender critical views which are legally protected in the UK? Wouldn't that also be one-sided?

(Edit to correct spelling)
Good point ! No I think this topic is great to have but the majority seem to be against trans people existing - not gonna get into that, your views are your own business.

I guess I'm wondering how you all ended up with these views ? Having a trans cousin and close friends who are gay I grew up knowing about everythingg. Did none of you have trans friends or anything ?

It is deffo much more common now. My aunt who is in endocrinology told me over 34% of her patients regret or don't go ahead with the physical side which is LOT.

One of the main arguments we had was over single space bathrooms/changing area's. We were called the usual bigots/transphobes/nazi's because we were saying that transwomen are abusive. But that wasn't what we were saying at all. We argued that under self i.d., any predator could claim to be a woman and access women's spaces. Did they honestly think that abusive men wouldn't put on a dress and a bit of lippy if it got him near vulnerable women? Of course they totally ignored that argument and pretended we'd never said it.
Eventually we pointed out that trans identified men committed violent crimes at exactly the same rates as men. But they ignored that too.
People can get attacked anywhere though ??