Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glortard

VIP Member
In England and Wales, rape requires a penis. So rape of a transwoman (whether involving a surgically created "vagina", or another orifice) likely would be counted as rape of a woman. Transmen don't have penises, some of them have a surgical approximation that gets hard with a pump, I don't know if there's ever been a rape case prosecuted that involved one of those?
Don't think so

It would be classed as sexual assault as in this case. I remember reading it and just finding it really bizarre. Clearly she had a lot of problems which I hope she gets proper help for.

Reactions: 3

Glortard

VIP Member
As usual this will be seized upon by the handmaidens who will only mention the % increase not the fact there is 76 reports of a hate crime. Not the actual number of ones prosecuted nevermind those found guilty.

Obviously 75 of them where made by David Paisley with the other one being made by a purple haired AGP who whilst wearing a school uniform was apparently misgendered.

Reactions: 2

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
she urgently needs mental help, not surgery. I really hope this is a spoof but doubt it is at this point
It honestly sounds like complete gibberish to me. Is she saying that she has schizophrenia or some sort of disorder with multiple personalities 🤔

emm

VIP Member
That doctor has truly crazed eyes. I'm honestly convinced that she is a psychopath who gets her kicks in a legal fashion. It's utter exploitation of people who need help rather than being butchered. Just how mentally ill do you have to be to think that horrific scarring like that is preferable to having breasts?
i dont understand how this is legal, you cannot get plastic surgery until you are 16 unless i am mistaken, how is this diferent?

Vee6

VIP Member
yep.. incredible isn't it.. I just don't think it'd appropriate at all and how is someone who is a biological male with male hormones, brain & body chemistry and male body parts in a position to put something like this out?

creepy AF as well tbh
I don’t get the video??

bcfc999

Chatty Member
No it is the “doctor” (in Canada iirc.) who internally posted a selfie with a patient who had just had their boobs removed (the one who seemed to have used a kitchen knife to do so I think?
Ohhhhh gotcha - I do remember that but didn't remember the laptop!

Imissdi or something like that, they were quickly outed though and even had the same profile pic as an account they previously used
off to look! there is another poster i have noticed posting creepy stuff for a reaction but they’re not pretending to be a woman or south african at least 😄

CheshireLove

VIP Member
No one is correct 100% of the time. There are many people I find I agree with the majority of the time but on some matters I disagree. I find Germaine Greer on the whole a stalwart of feminism and I have great respect for her.

She does seem to have upset some people in 2017 on the topic of FGM and child marriage. In this interview (moderated by man, of course, who is supremely irritating and keeps interrupting Greer when she’s talking and she gets angry with him about this, especially at 40:50) she clarifies her comments. Worth watching the whole thing. Greer addresses her past FGM comments at 39:50 onwards - says she doesn’t agree with genital mutilation of children but that for adults, it happens in the West and other parts of the world for different reasons and that the practices are similar… I think she’s playing devils advocate here? Western women mutilate genitals through FGM (and cosmetic surgery?) but we should do only condemn non-western cultures? I think perhaps this links to her discussions around genital mutilation and how she considers circumcision mutilation but many don’t and it is routinely carried out in the US. Clearly not the most sensitive comments but I don’t think Greer could ever be accused of being particularly sensitive. She doesn’t seem to see FGM as a singular issue.

These recent interviews were fantastic

Last edited:

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I'm still getting my head around it, but a statement has been released in the BMJ Sport & Exercise Medicine journal, calling for the International Olympic Committee to set formal standards for trans people competing in sport. This is to counter the argument from the IOC, who say that there should be no assumption of advantage based on someone's sex or trans status. The BMJ statement says:

"Testosterone is well established in the literature to promote the male secondary sex characteristics and is the primary driver for the increase in muscle mass, enhanced physique and performance for athletes. High concentrations of testosterone drive an increase in fat-free mass, which is responsible for much of the sex differences in sports performance between cisgender men and cisgender women.

The performance-defining qualities of testosterone are also reflected in the fact that the WADA lists testosterone as an S1 anabolic agent and ‘prohibits its use at all times’. Therefore, there is little doubt that high testosterone concentrations, either endogenous or exogenous, confer a baseline advantage for athletes in certain sports.

Hence, it is clear to uphold the integrity and fairness of sport that these baseline advantages of testosterone must be recognised and mitigated, as has been called for previously."

BBC article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/60038248
BMJ statement: https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/8/1/e001273

emm

VIP Member
I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking?

A penis is a penis. Rape is penetration by a penis. A specific crime. Section 1 of the SOA.

Penetration by anything else is penetration by assault. Section 2 of the SOA.

I feel the law is clear and sufficient and not ridiculous as another poster thinks it is.
but what if a man penetrates a woman with , lets say, a dildo, is that not a rape? or a woman does the same to a woman against her will? It is really limited