Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
What’s a relationship escalator?
The default expectation for how a relationship should progress: from initial dating through to sex, financial commitments like a mortgage, engagement, marriage, and children. No deviations are allowed i.e. you are not supposed to have multiple partners or be childfree, etc. Once the couple reaches the top of the "escalator" (married with children and ideally owning a house) they're expected to stay there. Moving up the escalator gives more and more privilege over people that are single or not in "traditional" relationships

Reactions: 3

HoGi

VIP Member
"by the letter of the law" what does that even mean, trying to hide behind the law when that clearly isn't true is ridiculous.I hope loads of people cancel their cover with AA
I'm assuming he means under the Equality Act they can't discriminate against people on the grounds of sex.

So they can't legally prioritise one sex over another.

Kittypops

VIP Member
an absolute low point will be when abortion clinics (as if they don't have enough issues) have to stop using the words women or female
Interesting point you've just made there, do the righteous TRAs carefully word their placards if they protest against abortion? What a complicated world they live in.

I think it's safe to say we are not going to agree, which is fine. But simply stating that it needs to be recorded separately has not enlightened me as to why. Many countries don't. In many countries the definition hinges in the penetration of the victim's body. As long as the perpetrators sex is recorded accurately, there is no issue for me.

I know victims are not a homogeneous group, but many argue for a broader definition of rape.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I think it is equally damaging to be raped with the use of an object or hands. I think the current UK definition of rape is limited. Sexual assault sounds less bad to most people. I think rape should be broader to reflect this.
Personally I think there is and should be a distinction between penetration with a penis and penetration with an object. As I understand it, the law carries similar criminal penalties for sexual assault offences (please correct me if I’m wrong on that)

emm

VIP Member
Im back with another question (wish I'd found this thread months ago)

Is it a coincidence that "cis" (TRF disapproval) sounds similar to "sissy" (TRF approved), is it them getting it into the vocabulary, so approval isn't such a big step?
had never thought of this but it does make sense

All that, and that is still clearly a woman. That face and hip to waist ratio does not lie.

The story about a man being asked if he's pregnant made me laugh - I just had my booster and I'm clearly a woman of childbearing age and they didn't ask me! 😂
I got my booster at a walk-in and when I registered, I was given a generic form to complete which included a box to tick if I were pregnant or breastfeeding. Presumably everyone male or female got the same form, maybe he had something like this and is taking it as bragging rights?

petitspois

VIP Member
9 time out of 10, for trans women it is either the height, voice or size of their hands that gives it away, and for trans men it is the height and voice, obviously you can get short men, tall women etc, but it’s just different in these cases. Having said that, I was actually really shocked when Nikki tutorials came out as a trans woman as I’d never have known she wasn’t a biological woman, although I had never seen her full body/height
You would have done if you'd seen Nikki on Glow up - built like a brick shithouse.

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Has anyone had any luck opposing trans women using female bathrooms? Is there anything in policy we can use?

Gamu

VIP Member
Would be great to ask them so if you where out shopping or for something to eat with mum/granny/sister/aunt etc and it was them challenging the person would they punch them? Cue tumbleweed
Yes or they would be collaborators who denounce their own blood to curry favour with the party :ROFLMAO:

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I assume that's different to providing a service though. Men aren't allowed to access a female only shelter (or can they if they claim to be a woman...I digress)

But providing a subscription service to openly discriminate against one sex over another would come under the Equality Act. I don't agree with the original reply I thought it was rude. And the boss seems to be back pedalling and suggesting they have informal agreements to prioritise women. But I would say he is right that they can't legally advertise prioritising one over the other.
I agree with this. Formally they have to state that they can’t prioritise women over men. However in real life they do.

Peachsquish

VIP Member
I dread the day I ever break down without a phone. I have a multi charger in my car and always charge my phone up if I’m going on a long drive even if I start with decent levels. I once broke down in daylight with my phone battery dying and was in such a flap. After that I got break down cover (NOT AA!) and bought the charger. It makes me feel so much better, I would urge everyone to get one if you haven’t.

On the car subject, I had to drive alone for a few hours recently and had to stop in a lay-by. Choice was either flash to all passing cars or go further back into some trees which felt a bit scary. I have some puppy pads for absolute emergencies, haven’t had to crack them open yet!
Amazon sell these, would anything like this be useful.

sheleg

VIP Member
anyone listened to the podcast harsh reality about the un reality show theres something about Marian? would be interested to discuss if anyone has
I listened to this recently. Very interesting, although the presenter clearly saw no issue with a transwoman not declaring their trans status on a date. The presenter didn’t seem to grasp why a heterosexual male wouldn’t accept a transwoman as a partner.

But Miriam Rivera was royally stitched up by the production company. It’s pretty disgusting.

Very traditional

VIP Member
i dont know know if anyone else listens to Crime Junkie but the latest ep is a male stalker who killed his víctimand now identifies as female 😡
I do - I've not listened yet, was saving it for tomorrow but may have a listen later instead. How infuriating!!