Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still listening to the podcast ‘gender a wider lens’, almost up to date. I feel like I should be handed an HND in gender studies after this 😂 listening to the interview with Debbie Hayton at the mo, most of you will be aware of her. Refers to herself as a transsexual, transitioned at 44 when she was a married father of 4. Talks about AGP which has been enlightening. She doesn’t try to apologise for the creepy messes you see online, but gives an insight to how it feels and how the over sexualised side of it does not reflect her experience of it. I’ve yet to watch the documentary she was on with Stella (one of the podcast hosts) a few years ago. Anyone else listening to this podcast? What are your thoughts?

Reactions: 3
I have no idea what this person is saying here. She sounds mentally ill and in need of a therapist to me.
she urgently needs mental help, not surgery. I really hope this is a spoof but doubt it is at this point

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Still listening to the podcast ‘gender a wider lens’, almost up to date. I feel like I should be handed an HND in gender studies after this 😂 listening to the interview with Debbie Hayton at the mo, most of you will be aware of her. Refers to herself as a transsexual, transitioned at 44 when she was a married father of 4. Talks about AGP which has been enlightening. She doesn’t try to apologise for the creepy messes you see online, but gives an insight to how it feels and how the over sexualised side of it does not reflect her experience of it. I’ve yet to watch the documentary she was on with Stella (one of the podcast hosts) a few years ago. Anyone else listening to this podcast? What are your thoughts?
I have put this in my library . Thank you .

she urgently needs mental help, not surgery. I really hope this is a spoof but doubt it is at this point
It honestly sounds like complete gibberish to me. Is she saying that she has schizophrenia or some sort of disorder with multiple personalities 🤔

Reactions: 2
It honestly sounds like complete gibberish to me. Is she saying that she has schizophrenia or some sort of disorder with multiple personalities 🤔
and doesn't want to transtion but is accepting she has to? complete insanity. No surgeon in their right mind would operate on someone like this

Reactions: 7
Claiming to have DID, the only thing on tiktok to rival the 'non-binary' trend. It's full of (mainly) girls claiming to be part of a system and filming videos showing their alters and refering to their body as the 'host'. Really disturbing. DID's existence is controversial at the best of times (and even then only as a result of severe trauma or injury), let alone on the mass scale on tiktok/twitter.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Claiming to have DID, the only thing on tiktok to rival the 'non-binary' trend. It's full of (mainly) girls claiming to be part of a system and filming videos showing their alters and refering to their body as the 'host'. Really disturbing. DID's existence is controversial at the best of times (and even then only as a result of severe trauma or injury), let alone on the mass scale on tiktok/twitter.
what is DID?

This isn’t to minimise the horror that is being a teenage girl, but we have always seen
self harming, eating disorders, substance abuse, unsafe sex
in teenage girls and tried to manoeuvre it as best we can. It was a known phenomenon that things could rip through a school with everyone being affected. It’s now global with social media influence and the claims are becoming more and more outlandish. The occurrence of DID is minuscule, as should be gender dysphoria. It’s currently on trend and will fade away very quickly.

what is DID?
Disassociative identity disorder - what was multiple personality disorder. Fascinating and controversial diagnosis. Difficult to prove.

Reactions: 9
Is anyone else watching Screw on Channel 4? It’s on at the moment. The moment the prisoner I’m talking about appeared on screen and talking about being bullied in (a mens) prison, I could tell they were female instead of male straight away. And surprise, the “twist” in the plot, was that the officers were informed this man was actually born a woman.

I’m not sure how many TV people think these so-called plot twists work to regular audiences. I remember an episode of First Dates and as soon as a man appeared on the screen I said to myself “that’s a woman” and sure enough, there was a cliffhanger at the end of the ad break, saying the date need to be told something really important and lo and behold, the “secret” was that the date was born female.

EDIT: since writing the above, I googled the character and found out that the actor set history as being the first trans male actor in Eastenders. I don’t watch it, and didn’t know this. It was just obvious to me seeing it on screen. I just find it jarring that we are being bombarded with messages like it doesn’t matter, and people can’t tell, and what does it matter what genitals people have because you never really know, when it’s PLAINLY obvious to people with sight and hearing.
9 time out of 10, for trans women it is either the height, voice or size of their hands that gives it away, and for trans men it is the height and voice, obviously you can get short men, tall women etc, but it’s just different in these cases. Having said that, I was actually really shocked when Nikki tutorials came out as a trans woman as I’d never have known she wasn’t a biological woman, although I had never seen her full body/height

Reactions: 6
9 time out of 10, for trans women it is either the height, voice or size of their hands that gives it away, and for trans men it is the height and voice, obviously you can get short men, tall women etc, but it’s just different in these cases. Having said that, I was actually really shocked when Nikki tutorials came out as a trans woman as I’d never have known she wasn’t a biological woman, although I had never seen her full body/height
You would have done if you'd seen Nikki on Glow up - built like a brick shithouse.

It was at Eurovision - Dutch women are often tall, the other presenters were tall, Nikki towered over them and yes, broad of figure.

Nikki said she began “hormone therapy” at age 14. I’m assuming that means puberty blocking drugs, not otherwise. It seems such a young age.

It didn’t occur to me that Nikki was trans. I knew Nikki was tall and my experience of the Dutch is that they are usually quite tall!

I don't follow nikki tutorials, I had only seen her about that Ellen thing, but I had thought she was alwys openly trans tbh, I don't know why but something about her face does look it, but either way this is the thing is she is not part of the crazy element of this movement, she is just trying ot live her life as she wants, which I imagine most people are and I have (as I assume all of us) have no problem with

Reactions: 5
This isn’t to minimise the horror that is being a teenage girl, but we have always seen
self harming, eating disorders, substance abuse, unsafe sex
in teenage girls and tried to manoeuvre it as best we can. It was a known phenomenon that things could rip through a school with everyone being affected. It’s now global with social media influence and the claims are becoming more and more outlandish. The occurrence of DID is minuscule, as should be gender dysphoria. It’s currently on trend and will fade away very quickly.

Disassociative identity disorder - what was multiple personality disorder. Fascinating and controversial diagnosis. Difficult to prove.
This happened at the school that I went to. It was a strict, religious, single sex, school in a very poor area and tried to handle things well. One girl developed (warning upsetting behaviour) an eating disorder and the school really supported her with private counselling and educational support. Then the school showed a TV show about it and educated us on the signs and suddenly it was everywhere. I think some girls were actually just crying out for attention due to their home circumstances and this was the way to get it. It literally went from one person behaving in this way to about 60% of the year group.

• Sad
  • Wow
This happened at the school that I went to. It was a strict, religious, single sex, school in a very poor area and tried to handle things well. One girl developed (warning upsetting behaviour) an eating disorder and the school really supported her with private counselling and educational support. Then the school showed a TV show about it and educated us on the signs and suddenly it was everywhere. I think some girls were actually just crying out for attention due to their home circumstances and this was the way to get it. It literally went from one person behaving in this way to about 60% of the year group.
there are lots of cases like this with other issues, where they are almost "spread around" ,things like mass fainting etc. Tiktok seems to be a huge cause of a lot of mental health issues too

• Sad
Apologies for not explaining the DID video I posted in more detail, but yes, the social contagion of DID on Tiktok is massive and needs to be spoken about more.

DID is a rather disputed diagnosis anyway. My armchair psychologist opinion is that it isn’t real, but mentally people are drawn to it as an answer to their problems. Hmm, sounds familiar right? Sounds like transgenderism?

It’s no more possible to be born with a “system” of people and personalities inside your one brain, than it is to be born with a male brain in a female body (or vice versa).

Someone, might have been here on this thread, said that claiming DID is like writing fan fiction about yourself. These young people (I get the impression it’s mostly girls?) give their “alters” names, personality types, birthdays, favourite colours… you name it. Some even drawn anime style caricatures of their alters, so their audience (and these guys get a lot of social media attention) can understand better who these characters are 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.