Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trauma can cause identity disturbances, but I think if there are examples of people with this kind of DID with clearly defined "alters" they are very, very rare and it would be far too debilitating for them to have the self awareness as teenagers to post about it on the Internet.

Reactions: 8
and doesn't want to transtion but is accepting she has to? complete insanity. No surgeon in their right mind would operate on someone like this
I'm sure there will be some unscrupulous doctor willing to do it for money .

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Of course there will be.

“The people in my head are all male so I need to transition. I don’t actually want to, but they do, so I’m outvoted”.

That’s literally what she’s saying.

• Sick
I noticed a lot of people talking about it after the film Split came out where James McAvoy plays a man with lots of alter egos. It's the sort of mental illness that sounds appealing to some people sadly, without any understanding of how horrendous that would be if it was actually genuine!! A sanitised, trendy, cutesy version of various mental illnesses has been a real issue with social media for years now, and I think that is a large part of the spread of trans ideology, especially in young girls who hate their changing bodies in puberty and see this as a way out 😟

Reactions: 12
I noticed a lot of people talking about it after the film Split came out where James McAvoy plays a man with lots of alter egos. It's the sort of mental illness that sounds appealing to some people sadly, without any understanding of how horrendous that would be if it was actually genuine!! A sanitised, trendy, cutesy version of various mental illnesses has been a real issue with social media for years now, and I think that is a large part of the spread of trans ideology, especially in young girls who hate their changing bodies in puberty and see this as a way out 😟
That last part really resonated with me, I really hated the changes my body went through during puberty, and wonder how I would have responded if I was a teenager now,rather than in the naughties? The problem with teenagers transitioning is that we don’t know how much damage it’ll do to their bodies with all of the messing around with hormones as their bodies are changing anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The “right” surgeon will do anything if you’re willing to pay. I’m not sure if any of you remember the Japan obsessed YouTuber Venus Angelic.(it’s a really sad story. Abuse from her mother amongst other things). Anyway she’s a tiny girl probably a a UK 6/8 and because the abuse etc she had a really warped image of herself and was desperate for weight loss surgery… the kind reserved for obese people where they make your stomach smaller. She was obviously rejected by multiple doctors and clinics because she didn’t need the surgery but one agreed to do it and she nearly died. I’m not sure where she got the surgery it was all overseas but it worry’s me that these dodgy overseas surgeons will take advantage of vulnerable children.

• Sad
Ugh, I’ve had to unfollow a page i quite liked because the girl who runs the page was calling out to those who identify as women and marginalised genders. Identity as women? She meant women 🙄 also, every time she talked about the stats of women killed she always adds in ‘and marginalised genders’. Whhhhhyyyyyyyy? The horrific stats of WOMEN being killed are actual females. Every 3 days a woman is murdered by a man. Not someone who iDeNtiFieS as a man, an actual man. And the victims are actual women. I would be interested to know the figures for these marginalised genders that are also being murdered. Only one trans person has been murdered in the UK since 2018 (thankfully). Women are not even respected in their death. There is literally no place women can just be credited with being women without the ‘…and such and such group’.

Just find it disrespectful, wrong and misleading.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Some advice needed ladies- my friend’s job is providing training to other work places, eg health and safety or whatever else they need.

they have just been asked to attend a course to provide training on gender identity at work, now she is really uncomfortable with this and doesn’t agree with it at all and doesn’t want to contribute to this nonsense but she can’t pick and choose what she provides training for. ( leaving the job is not an option)

Any advice on how she can handle it without being labelled a terf

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Some advice needed ladies- my friend’s job is providing training to other work places, eg health and safety or whatever else they need.

they have just been asked to attend a course to provide training on gender identity at work, now she is really uncomfortable with this and doesn’t agree with it at all and doesn’t want to contribute to this nonsense but she can’t pick and choose what she provides training for. ( leaving the job is not an option)

I wonder if she can refuse on the grounds of gender critical beliefs being a protected characteristic under the equality act? And this would go against her beliefs. It’s a hard one but I know myself I wouldn’t be able to take part in it. I’m so sickened by it all at this point.

Reactions: 11
Its worth a try, i just can’t believe this is the world we live in, majority of her office disagree with it but no one feels brave enough to actually speak up, she is sure even her manager felt pressured from higher up to do this

• Sad

Could she do the course and when it comes to delivering the training, intersperse it with actual facts and the law surrounding the Equality Act? It might mean she gets some complaints and risk of being sacked bur that might be hard to do as she would only be saying things that are ground in law? The only other option is to refuse, but then she might get sacked for not doing her job?

I feel I may have also judged too harshly about (famous) people being cowardly and fake and refusing to make a stand, when it comes to “real life” stories such as this with “normal” people, it raises a real dilemma: “What Would You Do?”

Reactions: 15

I haven’t checked but I feel like a website like Ovarit might have advice on this or perhaps threads with people who had had a similar experience (It’s basically a GC Reddit).

I also don’t know what I would do in her position. Its hard when one’s job is at stake.

Reactions: 6
Could she do the course and when it comes to delivering the training, intersperse it with actual facts and the law surrounding the Equality Act? It might mean she gets some complaints and risk of being sacked bur that might be hard to do as she would only be saying things that are ground in law? The only other option is to refuse, but then she might get sacked for not doing her job?

I feel I may have also judged too harshly about (famous) people being cowardly and fake and refusing to make a stand, when it comes to “real life” stories such as this with “normal” people, it raises a real dilemma: “What Would You Do?”
Yes unfortunately she can’t refuse, Her one role is to provide training so she can’t pick and choose what she wants to do.

She was thinking along similar lines of equality etc but she is worried if she gets too many complaints then it will cause issues.

Yeh I can imagine the issues famous people have, but a lot of them don’t need to actually speak on it, they just like to run their mouth and they have a lot of money to fall back even if its goes balls up, normal people don’t have this luxury.

I haven’t checked but I feel like a website like Ovarit might have advice on this or perhaps threads with people who had had a similar experience (It’s basically a GC Reddit).

I also don’t know what I would do in her position. Its hard when one’s job is at stake.
Thank you, I will check it out and get her to have a look to.

She is getting pissed off more and more now as its being forced on her rather than suggestions.

She has previously declined to use her pronouns in her emails so she is worried she will seem like a trouble maker to the ceo etc

Yes unfortunately she can’t refuse, Her one role is to provide training so she can’t pick and choose what she wants to do.

She was thinking along similar lines of equality etc but she is worried if she gets too many complaints then it will cause issues.

Yeh I can imagine the issues famous people have, but a lot of them don’t need to actually speak on it, they just like to run their mouth and they have a lot of money to fall back even if its goes balls up, normal people don’t have this luxury.

Thank you, I will check it out and get her to have a look to.

She is getting pissed off more and more now as its being forced on her rather than suggestions.

She has previously declined to use her pronouns in her emails so she is worried she will seem like a trouble maker to the ceo etc
I really feel for her, what a horrible position to be in. I wonder is there someone in the company she can take impartial advice from? It's so hard to know who to trust though. ☹

• Sad
It’s so awfully awkward isn’t it. I’ve just started at a new employer which is painfully woke. Pronouns/training/stonewall the lot. Waiting for the nudge to add pronouns to signature etc. What do you do in that situation? This is a bit step up in the industry I work in so like the above poster, no option to not work there. Hoping this godawful balloon bursts soon.

It’s so awfully awkward isn’t it. I’ve just started at a new employer which is painfully woke. Pronouns/training/stonewall the lot. Waiting for the nudge to add pronouns to signature etc. What do you do in that situation? This is a bit step up in the industry I work in so like the above poster, no option to not work there. Hoping this godawful balloon bursts soon.
Choose something totally absurd as your pronouns, chair/table perhaps 😂

• Haha
Someone shared on here a document from Sex Matters about pronouns at work. I'm sure if you Google it you will find it.

I have it saved in case I ever get asked, which I think will happen soon as I'm public sector.

Reactions: 7
I really feel for her, what a horrible position to be in. I wonder is there someone in the company she can take impartial advice from? It's so hard to know who to trust though. ☹
Yeh that’s the problem, who to trust. It’s not really an HR issue. She said she might speak to her manager as she is sure he isn’t keen either but i don’t think the ceo etc will care as there is a lot of money being spent in this area now so it’s lucrative, and money talks

• Sad
Someone shared on here a document from Sex Matters about pronouns at work. I'm sure if you Google it you will find it.

I have it saved in case I ever get asked, which I think will happen soon as I'm public sector.
Me too. My team leader is fiercely GC so I'm not overly concerned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.