Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both articles from the DM

Reactions: 2
Good god that is awful. The scarring is terrible.

I really worry for young girls these days. When I was a teenager in the 00’s, I didn’t see anything like this on social media or on the internet. Kids these days can easily see this on Instagram, TikTok, Reddit etc.
When I was a teenager during round about the same time (so you probably saw it too) teens were into the cutting phase and the anorexic/bulimic (Ana/Mia) phase and it was all over MSN chat rooms, Livejournal and MySpace. The difference was the promotions of these were deemed as harmful and were condemned, and efforts made to shut it down. Parents weren’t rushing out to buy their children razor blades or encouraging them to starve, or to throw up anything they ate. Yet now cutting the breasts off children, cutting the penises off children is now apparently acceptable and what’s worse, if anyone points out this is harmful or damaging as were the trends that festered and grew online before it, they get shouted down (or worse) for being “hateful”.

Reactions: 29
Been scanning the comments in this piece - https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/health/transgender-teens-hormones.html

Good to see a lot of common sense in the comments and a lot of pain from parents that already have had to deal with the damage.

Hopefully a more open debate will come from it
Saw it on FB yesterday and thought the caption was really irresponsible.

“Some doctors say it’s a barrier to urgently needed care”.

So dodgy to be framing the medical standpoint as being against mental health support before
barrelling in with blockers and hormones.

6C826BD8-E642-49F6-A79A-57052B896A9A.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 5
That picture when Hubbard took a place at the Olympics of one of those young women is heartbreaking. They both look so fed up.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
That picture when Hubbard took a place at the Olympics of one of those young women is heartbreaking. They both look so fed up.
Those women rose up through poverty to practice their sport. The fact that a past-it old bloke robbed them of their rightful gold and silver is a bleeping travesty.

Reactions: 25
Just fell down a google hole looking for more information about those pictures and came across the website 'fair play for women' which is an amazing resource! You are probably all aware of it already but I just wanted to put it out there.

Reactions: 12
I'd like to take this opportunity to honour Feagaiga Stowers, a brilliant weightlifter who had her rightful position robbed by Hubbard.

I wish her luck and strength in her career going forward.

feagaiga.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I’m just waiting until there is a public outcry from a religious group over this
Wasn’t Jo Cox sister Kim, fighting to win the Batley & Spen election last year? Some of it centred around Galloway poking his oar in to! I think she was targeted by a big part of the Muslim constituency over her support for LGBTQ teaching in local schools. I remember reading that Tracey Brabin was also attacked. It was quite a volatile situation at the time!

She wasn’t even funny when she was fat! Most over rated comedic actress ever!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’m just waiting until there is a public outcry from a religious group over this
@JeanBurns76
There was, of sorts, between Muslim parent protesters against a primary school in Birmingham. It was framed as Muslims against LGBT but the quotes I read from the complaints from the parents were along the lines of “my little boy came home and said his school told him he could be a girl”. All reports were framed as anti-gay though.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I can’t remember where but I have read SO many things about athletes in races, at the olympics or elsewhere, helping people up who ep have fallen etc (male or female) as They don’t want to win because someone else who was better has been unfairly knocked out. Will try and find the articles.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.