Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deliadeetz

If I go to work tomorrow and identify as man - will I stop being undermined and disrespected by my colleagues with cocks? If I wear a he/him pronoun badge at my local gym will aggressive men leave me alone? Or is that not how this works?

First post, hello from frustrated newbie to gender critical feminism - I have seen the light. I’m young postgrad living on my own in London for the first time, there’s been a lot of stranger rape attacks close to me. I’m scared to go to parks alone, I can’t identify out of this and no one seems to care? My generation are just screaming trans rights down my throat and I’m exhausted ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Can't go into too much detail but a TIM I know (transitioned in their 40s, leaving kids and a wife behind) has been named one of 2021's "inspirational female leaders" in the industry I work in.

Let's get this straight. He lived his entire life as a man, came from a well-off, privileged background that allowed him to start his own business in his 20s. Was in the right place at the right time. Didn't lift a finger to help women or minority groups until he transitioned a couple of years ago - and even then, he still hasn't. He's focused entirely on himself and this "inspirational trans woman" persona he's created. Everything he's done for the business was achieved as a man.

The worst thing is, women in the industry are falling over themselves to congratulate him. It's all such a bizarre joke at this point.
A friend of mine who works in a very male dominated, very niche STEM type field was up for one of the industry ‘woman of the year’ type awards. She lost out to someone who had transitioned just two years before.

I felt terrible for her because she’d worked her way up in what can be a very masculine, tough field. There are very few women in this niche and as a lesbian she also faced plenty of gross jokes and harassment over the years. Yet this guy had sailed up the ladder, then stuck on a dress and declared he should win over her and the other hardworking women. And they wonder why it’s hard to recruit women for this industry. Hmm.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

CheshireLove

VIP Member
If men really wanted to be breaking gender stereotypes they would be doing 50% share of the cooking, cleaning, washing and childcare. I’m all for men expressing themselves outside gender stereotypes but painting nails does not a male ally make.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
A few men I know have shared the JK Rowling meme (smurf of a TERF) and other men have piled on calling her a c*nt among other things. Garden variety misogyny legitimised again by this utter fucking nonsense.

How anyone is talking about what JKR said and not the fact men are raping women, and then being allowed to identify as women, is baffling.

I really hate that I have to stay quiet about this publicly, but I'm in the civil service and would definitely put my job at risk. I wish I could afford to, but I can't.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Calls herself a man but used her female reproductive system 🤔

What gets to me the most about this is that he says “Nothing about being pregnant felt "feminine" to me - in fact, I think carrying a child, isolated due to the pandemic, and facing all the hospitals and appointments alone was the absolute toughest, bravest thing I've ever done.” As if toughness and bravery are the exclusive preserve of men and can’t possibly be “feminine” characteristics. It’s the utter misogyny of it all that we’re all supposed to ignore and I just can’t.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
'Bleeder' is offensive and dehumanising. I have to refer to myself as a bleeder because a minority of mentally ill people? Fuck that

I had a look at their website and noticed that the founders spoke about 'fangirling'. Don't they mean fanpersonwhobleeding

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Can't go into too much detail but a TIM I know (transitioned in their 40s, leaving kids and a wife behind) has been named one of 2021's "inspirational female leaders" in the industry I work in.

Let's get this straight. He lived his entire life as a man, came from a well-off, privileged background that allowed him to start his own business in his 20s. Was in the right place at the right time. Didn't lift a finger to help women or minority groups until he transitioned a couple of years ago - and even then, he still hasn't. He's focused entirely on himself and this "inspirational trans woman" persona he's created. Everything he's done for the business was achieved as a man.

The worst thing is, women in the industry are falling over themselves to congratulate him. It's all such a bizarre joke at this point.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I know I’m always talking about things I’ve seen on social media but I’ve just watched a quick video on Snapchat (called ‘I’ve always wondered, if anyone has it on their discovery bit) and had to come and tell you about it. She said she had everything she expected from transitioning, had a girlfriend (shock) but then after a few years of living as a trans man, she reversed it and is now back to being a woman, albeit with a very deep voice. The reason? She went vegan, was exercising, lost weight and…. FINALLY FELT HAPPY WITH HER BODY!!! That was literally it. She said she knew she was never trans deep down. This is why it is vital for any CHILDREN who have the whole ‘I’m in the wrong body’ awakenings need therapeutic intervention. This woman was able to stop hormones, she grew her hair, looks like a woman again. Imagine if she’d had a double mastectomy and a non functional penis attached to her, THEN realising she wasn’t trans. Talk about body unhappiness!

• Wow
  • Heart

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
I have been surprised to find this thread. I didn't think there was a space anywhere to voice concerns about what's happening without being called a transphobe. I was very upset by the Rosie Kay story and more and more stories about men competing as women in sport. It's unbelievable that this is being allowed to happen. I'm not very good with words but for lack of a better explanation it sometimes feels like men are again doing whatever they want at a cost to women. No different to any other time in history, they've just found a different way to muscle their way in to our space.

On a slightly unrelated note, I found out this week that Baby130 is coming in August 2022. This means a move either to my boyfriend's hometown (Boston) or his current office location (Stamford) and I'm trying to figure out what the culture / mood is like in each when it comes to all this trans stuff. I don't speak openly about it but I don't want to live in fear of being called transphobic and cancelled if I dare say something wrong.

• Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
E646E20D-DB9A-4D92-850D-CF30D6D56599.jpeg
What woman or girl lays in bed each night wearing lingerie, jewellery and perfume and squeal like a little girl all to reassure themselves they’re female? Most women have a wash and put on pyjamas or comfy clothes before bed. Typical AGP fantasy. Next they’re gonna say they had a sleepover and had a pillow fight with down feathers flying everywhere.

Also, what is it with trans identified males never calling themselves women they always have to say they’re a girl? Fucking freaks.

• Sick
Reactions: 36

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Just need to come and rant here because I'm so tired. So sick of men in my life accusing me of being transphobic when I say I don't want to share a women's toilet with a man (I genuinely wouldn't mind a gender neutral toilet because then fair is fair, you know when you're going in), or that simply deciding you go by another name and she/her isn't enough to make you a woman. It's bullshit! Where the fuck to do they get off telling women how they should and shouldn't feel about things that affect only them!!!

• Heart

sheleg

VIP Member
When I was assigned a new secondary supervisor for my thesis, I was worried about potentially getting one of the department’s wokesters. I was right to be worried. She has pronouns in her email signature, and told me off for using the word “seminal” to describe a text, as it’s a “gendered word” with “pernicious overtones of masculinity.”

😎

• Wow
  • Sick

katyazamo

Chatty Member
I went to get the vaccine the other day with a friend and our vaccinator was a blue haired (ok, not all over but she had a blue fringe) nurse with all manner of pin badges attached to her lanyard - two rainbow flags (with the trans one overlayed), a trans flag, a "she/they" badge, BLM, something about disabilities... you get the idea. I didn't think it would be particulatly hygenic but there you go.

She sat down and ran through the questions with my friend and asked him if he could be pregnant. For context, my friend is a 6'5 former rugby player with hands like shovels 😂 he was a bit confused and said "sorry, was that a question for Katya?" and the nurse launched into her speech about how "not all people who get pregnant are female, they can also be male and non binary so we do have to ask". He said no, definitely not pregnant and he's pretty sure his medical records say he's male, and to that she gave this very matter-of-fact reply about how "it's possible for someone's medical record to be recorded as male but they may have a uterus".

Can't make this shit up, can you 😂 we had a laugh about it after we left and spoke about how stupid this stuff is, so think I've got someone else on our side now!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

sheleg

VIP Member
I'd like to take this opportunity to honour Feagaiga Stowers, a brilliant weightlifter who had her rightful position robbed by Hubbard.

I wish her luck and strength in her career going forward.

feagaiga.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Ekathrina

VIP Member
If that was an actual, real 60 year old woman people would be slagging her off and saying she was ‘mutton dressed as lamb’.

• Sad
Reactions: 34

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
I'm just thinking about the way J K Rowling has been treated compared to the likes of Ricky Gervais, who tells openly "transphobic" jokes and there was definitely a "transphobic" character in After Life. He doesn't get nearly the same level as abuse, because he's a man and as ever, this is all just plain old misogyny and expecting women to sit down, shut up and comply. It's really telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

weeweegie

VIP Member
Ugh, I’ve had to unfollow a page i quite liked because the girl who runs the page was calling out to those who identify as women and marginalised genders. Identity as women? She meant women 🙄 also, every time she talked about the stats of women killed she always adds in ‘and marginalised genders’. Whhhhhyyyyyyyy? The horrific stats of WOMEN being killed are actual females. Every 3 days a woman is murdered by a man. Not someone who iDeNtiFieS as a man, an actual man. And the victims are actual women. I would be interested to know the figures for these marginalised genders that are also being murdered. Only one trans person has been murdered in the UK since 2018 (thankfully). Women are not even respected in their death. There is literally no place women can just be credited with being women without the ‘…and such and such group’.

Just find it disrespectful, wrong and misleading.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33