So this tweet was going around Twitter yesterday as someone had reposted it:
View attachment 889216
In the comments section of the account that reposted it (a GC account) people were asking if it was possible and someone shared this link
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Now a lot of the scientific parts go over me but what I found quite worrying was in these two paragraphs. That uterine transplants are possible but require dead women to donate, that animal studies will need to be carried out to see if this will work and that the reproductive ‘aspirations’ of M2F may make it become legally and ethically unfeasible to deny them this. At the start they state that gender dysphoria affects between 0.5 and 1.4% of adult males.
View attachment 889223View attachment 889224Please let me know if I’ve read these parts wrong but it all feels very Frankenstein to me? I think many people realise that animal testing is a necessary evil for medical advancement but chopping up and mutilating the animals so men can change their biology is really worrying. Plus the need for female donors - are we going to have to put down that we don’t want our reproductive organs used which I can see a lot of women doing. I don’t wish my organs to co sign this freak show. But that will mean women will miss out (quelle surprise!) on organ donation that could potentially help them. As for the comment that this is something we might have to eventually accept due to ethical and legal reasons - why, when it only effects 0.5 and 1.4% of adult males?
(I don’t know if the 0.5 and 1.4% of adult males is worldwide or American based or from another country. I think the paper is as recent as 2019 but again not 100% sure)