Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was going to say I think I must have been about 12 or 13!
Same here, I think I was 13 when a man on a very crowded tubetrain put his hand up my skirt and shoved his fingers up me. I was so ashamed I didn’t breathe a word to anyone til I was in my 40’s

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Same here, I think I was 13 when a man on a very crowded tubetrain put his hand up my skirt and shoved his fingers up me. I was so ashamed I didn’t breathe a word to anyone til I was in my 40’s
Omg that’s shocking. I’m so sorry that happened to you.

Reactions: 7
Omg that’s shocking. I’m so sorry that happened to you.
it actually does just terrify me how many men seem prepared to take advantage of very young girls... obviously this is a totally different example but as soon as Afghanistan was taken over by the Talbian again all of those men going door to door looking for children as brides. Whenever people say "not all men" this is just what comes to mind, I think this problem is actually far more prevalent we think rather than less when men think (or know) they will get away with it

• Sad
Reactions: 14
it actually does just terrify me how many men seem prepared to take advantage of very young girls... obviously this is a totally different example but as soon as Afghanistan was taken over by the Talbian again all of those men going door to door looking for children as brides. Whenever people say "not all men" this is just what comes to mind, I think this problem is actually far more prevalent we think rather than less when men think (or know) they will get away with it
Sometimes I wonder what men would get up to with no rules whereas women would just carry on.

Reactions: 13
8 when adult make neighbour put his hand down my trousers to rub my bum.
Sexually abused by close male relative from pre-teen to late teen
Flashed at least 5 times between ages 12 and 23.
Groped frequently on public transport and clubs/bars or other crowded spaces when I was in my late teens/twenties.
Cat called countless times.

Sadly, this is not in any way unusual. I come from a nice, middle class family. I went to a good school. I lived in a nice neighbourhood. None of that protected me from predatory penis-owners.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
8 when adult make neighbour put his hand down my trousers to rub my bum.
Sexually abused by close male relative from pre-teen to late teen
Flashed at least 5 times between ages 12 and 23.
Groped frequently on public transport and clubs/bars or other crowded spaces when I was in my late teens/twenties.
Cat called countless times.

Sadly, this is not in any way unusual. I come from a nice, middle class family. I went to a good school. I lived in a nice neighbourhood. None of that protected me from predatory penis-owners.
I am so sorry for alll of this, I have been flashed/catcalled/groped more times than I can think, but nothing worse, thank god (the fact that being only minorly sexually assaulted we view as a positive is tragic in itself). The thing is, no matter how "safe" or "nice" the place you are it is basically an inevitability for us, which is just so awful

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's baffling they'd make a claim like that and not even provide supporting evidence. This is the bloody UN - with a highly educated workforce who know that it's best practice to back up a claim with supporting evidence.

Though, maybe they know the supporting evidence isn't very supporting...

Reactions: 16
It's baffling they'd make a claim like that and not even provide supporting evidence. This is the bloody UN - with a highly educated workforce who know that it's best practice to back up a claim with supporting evidence.

Agreed, all this does at this stage is just play into the narrative that the UN don't have real data - hence playing into the people who deny things about vaccines etc. If you cannot trust UN stats about health issues then...?! The whole thing is bleeping us all over by discrediting themselves

Reactions: 13
I am so sorry for alll of this, I have been flashed/catcalled/groped more times than I can think, but nothing worse, thank god (the fact that being only minorly sexually assaulted we view as a positive is tragic in itself). The thing is, no matter how "safe" or "nice" the place you are it is basically an inevitability for us, which is just so awful
The horrifying thing is probably all of us ladies in this thread have been flashed/catcalled/groped/harrassed several times in our lives and can vividly remember it. That is one of the true things that unites as women and we can all relate to as women no matter the race/social class/background etc.

Trans women cannot truly understand what we go through as women "assigned female at birth" 🙄 and will never relate to SEX-based issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The horrifying thing is probably all of us ladies in this thread have been flashed/catcalled/groped/harrassed several times in our lives and can vividly remember it. That is one of the true things that unites as women and we can all relate to as women no matter the race/social class/background etc.

Trans women cannot truly understand what we go through as women "assigned female at birth" 🙄 and will never relate to SEX-based issues.
exactly. if the feeling of being shocked at being harassed by a man at 18 could seem as a shock...... this is the epitome of not having grown up as a girld/women

Reactions: 15

Oh what a surprise that Nikkie “I’m 7 feet tall and built like a brick shithouse but I’m really good at makeup so you have to call me a girl or I’ll cry” has got his mug all over this.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Agreed, all this does at this stage is just play into the narrative that the UN don't have real data - hence playing into the people who deny things about vaccines etc. If you cannot trust UN stats about health issues then...?! The whole thing is bleeping us all over by discrediting themselves
They should change their name to UN Trans or something at this stage tbh, because they're definitely not interested in protecting or promoting women's rights or interests.

Reactions: 8
Sorry I’m confused, what do they want to achieve?
I expect Freddy wants to be recognised as “father” instead of “mother” or something equally self obsessed. After all, the whole trans ideology centres round “Validate me validate me validate meeeeeee”.

Reactions: 10
The new Sex and the City film has a non binary character which just seems like a caricature - ‘Che opens the podcast, saying: 'I am your post, a queer non binary Mexican Irish diva' before launching a discussion about masturbation'’.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry I’m confused, what do they want to achieve?
That birth certificates have a ‘parent’ category rather than just father and mother. What I find bizarre is even in the petition they acknowledge that children have a right to know their birth heritage but ‘parent’ wouldn’t do that. So they’ve suggested mother/father could be included as well as ‘parent’ or - get this - somewhere else entirely? These idiots don’t understand what a birth certificate is for 🙄 and legally this would be a huge mess, mothers automatically have parental responsibility and for fathers it’s a lot more complicated but one of the quickest ways to construe it is to include a father on a birth certificate so this is very impractical with the current law

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.