Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was reading more about gender dysphoria as I am genuinely interested in it esp as the numbers of girls wanting to transition are rising. I don’t have a daughter but I have lots of nieces and friends with daughters who I love so I’m a bit worried for them. What I was reading is transitioning is just one ‘solution’ to getting rid of the dysphoria and that it’s very often rooted in trauma, in particular sexual abuse. The problem being though is that there’s such a quick leap to affirm from doctors (almost like a quick fix?) that the actual issues causing the dysphoria are not dealt with. That led me down a hole of reading about detransitioners. Very sad that these people (and there are way more than I thought), we’re crying out for help.

A common theme seemed to be these girls were sexually abused as children and teens and despised their female body because of what they had been through and wanted to trans because they hated their body and the attention it got from men. Broke me reading that. Such self hatred because of evil men. I was shocked that some of them had gone as far as a full hysterectomy at a very young age, doesn’t that affect your hormones for the rest of your life? The detrans stories I read about were shocking but most had tried to make peace with the body they have now, while accepting they were always women all along.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I was reading more about gender dysphoria as I am genuinely interested in it esp as the numbers of girls wanting to transition are rising. I don’t have a daughter but I have lots of nieces and friends with daughters who I love so I’m a bit worried for them. What I was reading is transitioning is just one ‘solution’ to getting rid of the dysphoria and that it’s very often rooted in trauma, in particular sexual abuse. The problem being though is that there’s such a quick leap to affirm from doctors (almost like a quick fix?) that the actual issues causing the dysphoria are not dealt with. That led me down a hole of reading about detransitioners. Very sad that these people (and there are way more than I thought), we’re crying out for help.

A common theme seemed to be these girls were sexually abused as children and teens and despised their female body because of what they had been through and wanted to trans because they hated their body and the attention it got from men. Broke me reading that. Such self hatred because of evil men. I was shocked that some of them had gone as far as a full hysterectomy at a very young age, doesn’t that affect your hormones for the rest of your life? The detrans stories I read about were shocking but most had tried to make peace with the body they have now, while accepting they were always women all along.
It's awful isn't it. It's like we've conveniently forgotten that we still live in a horribly misogynist world and there are lots of reasons for women and girls to want to "opt out" of womanhood, sexual abuse being one of them.

How many of us don't hate our bodies, or part of it? There are entire industries built around women feeling insecure with, uncomfortable in and disgusted with their own bodies.

Dr David Bell, the whistle-blower from the Tavistock has a lot to say about this if you haven't already read about him.

Reactions: 18
Lightening the subject a bit but still relevant - how on earth is the horror that is Mrs Brown's Boys still on TV at all in 2021, let alone the jewel in the crown on Christmas Day TV? It's like a throwback to 1977 - who watches that bloke in a dress?
I don't watch it these days, but I have watched it before and enjoyed it! I recall that it very much made fun of the fact that Mrs Brown was a bloke in a dress, so it's not like we're meant to accept the character as a woman. I liked the silliness of it! Okay, showing myself out of the thread... 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Any TiM or nb would have soon relied on biological sex when in that situation

Reactions: 10
I finally received a reply from Pauline McNeill MSP (Labour) on GRA reform. I've included my reply.
What a vague response (Pauline's, not yours). Notice how she doesn't actually say the word "women". Would it kill them to acknowledge that women also have rights? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
I don't watch it these days, but I have watched it before and enjoyed it! I recall that it very much made fun of the fact that Mrs Brown was a bloke in a dress, so it's not like we're meant to accept the character as a woman. I liked the silliness of it! Okay, showing myself out of the thread... 😅
Lol that was my unpopular opinion that I found it funny omg da shame 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I read on another forum this week that girls with rapid onset gender dysphoria are so obviously on self-destruct mode. There’s nothing new about that, the only difference is the form it takes and the way it’s affirmed and legitimised by doctors. It’s more about destroying their bodies than becoming a “hot dude”. Whereas MTFs never give the impression that it’s about self-mutilation - they seem to have this delusional belief that they’re enhancing their bodies and look absolutely incredible.

Which is the difference between trans men and women in a nutshell if you ask me.

Reactions: 20
What a vague response (Pauline's, not yours). Notice how she doesn't actually say the word "women". Would it kill them to acknowledge that women also have rights? :rolleyes:
Yip. Load of word salad and not really saying anything. That’s why I made my reply very clear and direct.

Reactions: 10
Eating disorders and/or other forms of self-harm were the social contagion for girls when I was a teen. It was a big problem in a nearby all-girls' school - the teachers found out the girls had a points system between them to compete with one another. One point if they they fainted in PE, one point if they got taken to hospital, one point if they spoke with the on-duty consultant etc.

All this was at a time where a mobile of choice was the Nokia 3310, no internet access, no social media.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I'm proud to say I've always considered Mrs Browns Boys to be the biggest pile of unfunny tit ever ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m not a fan of drag so anything like Mrs Brown’s Boys isn’t my thing but if they are joking about how they are men dressed up as women and can’t hope of being taken seriously then I think that’s better than the bitchy drag queens you get who call women fat or hunty (I don’t find that endearing) and make jokes about women smelling like fish etc.

Yip. Load of word salad and not really saying anything. That’s why I made my reply very clear and direct.
I am in Scotland as well and apart from the Conservatives that is pretty much the reply you would get from Lib Dems, Green and SNP with the only exception being Joanna Cherry. Sadly I do not even know if you would get a supportive answer from many conservative MSP's.

There is no true opposition in Parliament and the SG is mostly run by Sturgeon and her chosen identity acolytes.

Reactions: 3
I suppose the root of all men dressed as women to entertain is the fact that they look so tit it's laughable. I hate seeing it in any shape or form.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone see this about the new West Side Story? I’ve added a comment from Twitter that I think sums up things well.
3646A83D-D0AE-4CB2-87B8-33ACBBE7AD4E.jpeg
8364CE0F-9753-4E0D-BA89-2C8CA146351D.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Having had a look on Twitter (the source of all reputable information) most activists think Mrs Brown's Boys is transphobic, although one person said they were called transphobic for not liking it 😁

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.