Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so bleeping sick of drag shows being pushed on children, or parents taking their kids to drag shows. And that's not even in a pearl-clutching "won't someone think of the children!" way, I just genuinely don't think it's necessary. Why can we not just advocate for accurate LGBT education in schools and let kids be who they want to be? Why does it always have to involve men parading around in dresses, claiming it's about "queer representation" and that it's somehow for the benefit of children?

Also notice the name of this guy's drag persona - "Fatt Butcher" :rolleyes:

We literally had a drag queen yesterday pretending to masturbate while dressed up as a young girl. Don't try and act like drag shows are innocent and suitable for kids.

Reactions: 13
I am in Scotland as well and apart from the Conservatives that is pretty much the reply you would get from Lib Dems, Green and SNP with the only exception being Joanna Cherry. Sadly I do not even know if you would get a supportive answer from many conservative MSP's.

There is no true opposition in Parliament and the SG is mostly run by Sturgeon and her chosen identity acolytes.
I did get a positive email from Sandesh Gulhane MSP (Conservative)

Attachments

Reactions: 13
Yes but they consider an opinion they don’t agree with to be ‘actual violence’. So until they work out what the word means I will not agree with any of their statistics.

Using the wrong pronouns VIOLENCE
Asked to use the other bathroom VIOLENCE
Not told they are actually women VIOLENCE

14 women were murdered THIS ONE TIME A MAN GROPED ME

Reactions: 25
Yes but they consider an opinion they don’t agree with to be ‘actual violence’. So until they work out what the word means I will not agree with any of their statistics.
Just need all the vile comments they direct to J K Rowling to be recorded as hate crimes towards women, then they will be so far in the minority

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Using the wrong pronouns VIOLENCE
Asked to use the other bathroom VIOLENCE
Not told they are actually women VIOLENCE

14 women were murdered THIS ONE TIME A MAN GROPED ME
don't forget carrying an "offensive" tote bag, also violence

Imagine getting to the age of 30 without being groped by a man, seems like a fantasy situation for me and i imagine all other women

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I did get a positive email from Sandesh Gulhane MSP (Conservative)
That's good and the hope we have is that the law is drafted in such a way that it is defeated in court as the SNP/Green block will automatically pass it

Reactions: 2
don't forget carrying an "offensive" tote bag, also violence

Imagine getting to the age of 30 without being groped by a man, seems like a fantasy situation for me and i imagine all other women
I was 16 the first time I got groped by a man in public and worryingly I know that's actually quite old for it to have happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I was 16 the first time I got groped by a man in public and worryingly I know that's actually quite old for it to have happened.
I was going to say I think I must have been about 12 or 13!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I really can't remember for me, I am sure it was before 16 though as by then it seemed pretty normal.
I remember being catcalled from the age of about 12, and I always looked young for my age :sick:

• Sad
I really can't remember for me, I am sure it was before 16 though as by then it seemed pretty normal.
I remember being catcalled from the age of about 12, and I always looked young for my age :sick:
Yes same on the catcalling! I think I was about 11 or 12 too 🤢 used to dread walking past building sites.

• Sad

This is interesting. Whatever you think of Kellie Jay Keen, again, as with Julie Burchill, I love a lass who doesn't hold back.

We're constantly told we need to be kind and making allowances for everyone and I just love that she speaks plainly.

I quite like this video because it is actually a sensible discussion rather than anyone saying trans women's exclusion being shouted down as a bigot.

Edited to add (as I just got towards the end of the video), Peter Tatchell is talking about small transgender women, who I (and I'm sure all of us) are aware exist, in the same way that I'm sure as women we have all met men shorter than us.

When I was younger, about 19, I was tall (as I still am 😂) and large, so 5'10" and about a UK size 20 maybe. Being young and a feminist I underestimated the difference in strength between me and men of similar statute, until I was sexually assaulted by a man shorter and significantly thinner than me. I was pinned down and was genuinely surprised by how much stronger he was than me despite being a weedy little fucker. I manages to get him off me with a thumb in the eyeball, but it was a real wake up call for me about just how much stronger men are than women.

I'm of the opinion that in life, you just get what you get. There are many things I'd love to do but I can't because I wasn't born into the right circumstances or body type to do them (including all sport 😂) and I don't think my desperation to do those things should change that. I'm not sure why this is any different.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
This is why we should never give an inch to trans activists. Don't let men into our bathrooms because they "just want to pee."

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.