Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor response from Zara. They are stricter when it comes to letting men in women’s changing rooms if there are Muslim women changing? That seems to be what I got from the article. “Our decisions also have to depend on the ethnic profile of the other customers in the room at the time.”

So we have to self-identify as coming from a more conservative culture if we want sex-segregated changing rooms? Noted 🙄
Again, every other protected characteristic is ahead of sex. Women are literally always bottom of the pile.

Reactions: 22
This is so wrong.

Yet as soon as you say a thing you're labelled a TERF.
I would put money on it if Zara actually came out and said only woman can enter woman’s changing rooms they would not lose any money….in fact they might actually see more footfall.

sure Twitter would go into a bit of a frenzy and a few thousand people would like Owen Jones tweet where he labels them transphobic. So what if sales of sequin tops to men fall. However overall it would not hurt the brand where it matters….the bottom line.

Reactions: 21
I would put money on it if Zara actually came out and said only woman can enter woman’s changing rooms they would not lose any money….in fact they might actually see more footfall.

sure Twitter would go into a bit of a frenzy and a few thousand people would like Owen Jones tweet where he labels them transphobic. So what if sales of sequin tops to men fall. However overall it would not hurt the brand where it matters….the bottom line.
im waiting for a muslim woman to come out and complain about this issue to see how jones reacts

Reactions: 15
I was having a look at the Pantone colour charts and trends, and found an article about the predicted colour for 2023. It only caught my eye, because it is the same colour that we painted our living-room wall last year, clearly we're ahead of the pack!

Hidden amongst the usual over-blown jibber-jabber in the piece, was this little snippet:

"Digital Lavender is a gender-inclusive color that is already established in the youth market, and we expect it will broaden into all fashion product categories by 2023."

Wtaf is a "gender-inclusive" colour? Do they mean that it is a hybrid of both pink and blue? I honestly don't understand what they're on about, we chose it because it looked good on our wall, it's not too bright and it works with our fixtures and fittings. Is there really a colour that isn't "gender-neutral"? My husband and our son both have pink shirts, I wear a lot of blue stuff, we all wear black and white a lot, no colour is off-limits, surely? 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
im waiting for a muslim woman to come out and complain about this issue to see how jones reacts
He will ignore it as he normally does same with other zealots.

So it was already defeated in England but Sturgeon is allegedly trying to push this.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
He will ignore it as he normally does same with other zealots.

So it was already defeated in England but Sturgeon is allegedly trying to push this.

The fact that we are in the middle of an unprecedented global crisis and this is a focus just says it all. Ridiculous

Reactions: 6
Poor response from Zara. They are stricter when it comes to letting men in women’s changing rooms if there are Muslim women changing? That seems to be what I got from the article. “Our decisions also have to depend on the ethnic profile of the other customers in the room at the time.”

So we have to self-identify as coming from a more conservative culture if we want sex-segregated changing rooms? Noted 🙄
when I worked in Adult home care for local council Muslim women were the only group able to specifically ask for only female carers for personal care due to the laws laid out in the Koran. I actually got a rollicking for accommodating the wishes of other elderly women about who assisted them to shower when I did the rotas. It was apparently discriminatory to the one male carer on my team

• Wow
  • Sad
Let's face it, how many older ladies are going to be comfortable given personal care by a man, unless they are at death's door and unable to voice an opinion?

Reactions: 23
I'm all for feeling comfortable in your own body, as a man or a woman. But why is major surgery such as a double mastectomy diminished to 'top surgery' by trans people 😢
It’s just socially acceptable self-harm. Girls of my generation cut their arms and legs with razor blades. Girls in 2021 cut their breasts off and get cheered for it.

I wonder if self-harm rates have gone down, now it’s so easy to get testosterone and crowdfund for surgery?

I'm all for feeling comfortable in your own body, as a man or a woman. But why is major surgery such as a double mastectomy diminished to 'top surgery' by trans people 😢
It’s just socially acceptable self-harm. Girls of my generation cut their arms and legs with razor blades. Girls in 2021 cut their breasts off and get cheered for it.

I wonder if self-harm rates have gone down, now it’s so easy to get testosterone and crowdfund for surgery?

I predict a surge of trans suicides soon, all right. Not because of the absurd perception of not being allowed to “exist” but because of self regret over tit like this. People of Millennial age still carry psychological (and physical) scars of self-harm and they’re easier to cover up. I will loathe to see what this extreme version brings in a decade or so. I can’t stop thinking about that clip that someone posted either in this thread or one of its former iterations of that girl crying because she got a double mastectomy. Those were not tears of joy IMO, like she was proclaiming, those were tears of “oh tit, I’ve really fucked up and this has actually happened”. Tattoo regret/cutting regret will be NOTHING compared to this generation.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
when I worked in Adult home care for local council Muslim women were the only group able to specifically ask for only female carers for personal care due to the laws laid out in the Koran. I actually got a rollicking for accommodating the wishes of other elderly women about who assisted them to shower when I did the rotas. It was apparently discriminatory to the one male carer on my team
I cannot believe that. Horrifying. The thought of my mum being in a care home and asking for a female for personal care and those wishes not being respected makes me filled with rage. It’s abuse actually. I’ve mentioned before that I have an issue with male doctors when it’s something ‘down there’. I have had nurses roll their eyes, tell me that the male doctor is very experienced and qualified and (as a young woman in my early 20s at the time) I’m proud of myself for sticking to my guns. They don’t know what I’ve been through. Not that there needs to be anything! Older women’s wishes not being respected in this way is just another example of how we are still seen as second class citizens and treated like garbage. Sorry but this has really got me!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Catching up as I missed a few weeks of this thread. But re Grayson Perry, he is sort of an old-school cross-dresser right? (i.e he doesn't identify as a trans woman, rather a man who sometimes dresses up in stereotypically women's clothes). He did an interesting program on masculinity a few years ago I enjoyed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I cannot believe that. Horrifying. The thought of my mum being in a care home and asking for a female for personal care and those wishes not being respected makes me filled with rage. It’s abuse actually. I’ve mentioned before that I have an issue with male doctors when it’s something ‘down there’. I have had nurses roll their eyes, tell me that the male doctor is very experienced and qualified and (as a young woman in my early 20s at the time) I’m proud of myself for sticking to my guns. They don’t know what I’ve been through. Not that there needs to be anything! Older women’s wishes not being respected in this way is just another example of how we are still seen as second class citizens and treated like garbage. Sorry but this has really got me!!
To be fair I've never had This issue working in residential care but found the council work frustrating as whatever a clients reasons for refusing care the official response was to just to document it and do nothing else. Where I work now I'd go and have a chat with them and see how we could alter the service to suit them

Reactions: 4
The fact that we are in the middle of an unprecedented global crisis and this is a focus just says it all. Ridiculous
Sturgeon has to keep the vicious gender zealots in her party happy. Meanwhile us Scottish women and girls are thrown over the bus.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Catching up as I missed a few weeks of this thread. But re Grayson Perry, he is sort of an old-school cross-dresser right? (i.e he doesn't identify as a trans woman, rather a man who sometimes dresses up in stereotypically women's clothes). He did an interesting program on masculinity a few years ago I enjoyed.
Nice to see you again! He's not trans, but I think there's a fetishistic aspect to his cross-dressing, rather than simply wearing women's clothes. Having looked at his IG account (I wish I hadn't now) there are more posts with him trying to dress and pose like a child. Putting this behind a spoiler as it was disturbing to me. This might feel like I'm targeting the man deliberately, but I just feel this ideology has emboldened many people (mostly men) to live out their fetishes, kinks and/or paraphilias in public, without anyone else's consent. It's hard for me to articulate, I'm incredibly unsettled by this.

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 09.58.17.png

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 09.58.35.png

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 09.58.42.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.