Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, Labour MP. Response was a mindfuck. He agreed with me on everything, empathised, etc and concluded his response by saying self ID is not an issue and trans peace the most marginalised. I had to reread it 5 times, because it was so contradictory.
Oh ffs! I suspect I might get the exact same - mine is also a male Labour MP and while he's good on most things I'm not expecting him to acknowledge the safety issue at all. Haven't written yet though so I suppose he might surprise me.

Reactions: 4
Oh ffs! I suspect I might get the exact same - mine is also a male Labour MP and while he's good on most things I'm not expecting him to acknowledge the safety issue at all. Haven't written yet though so I suppose he might surprise me.
Yeh ditto where I live. He is good on other issues but I imagine he is just one of the many people who haven’t really thought about this and will just spout the party line

Reactions: 3
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 "please be mindful, I am a woman who thinks they are a man and I require every person ever to change the terminology they use around issues that affect women to accommodate me"

Related but not linked - has anyone here ever written to their MP about protecting women's sex-based rights and if so what kind of response did you get?
Yes, I've written to both my MP and my MSP on separate occasions. Neither of them bothered to reply, although I know the emails were received because I got the standard holding 'Thank you for your email, if you haven't included your address please resend with it included as we can't reply to people not in the constituency' automatic email response. The MP is Jamie Stone, so I'm banging my head against a brick wall there, the MSP at the time was Gail Ross, so ditto.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 "please be mindful, I am a woman who thinks they are a man and I require every person ever to change the terminology they use around issues that affect women to accommodate me"

Related but not linked - has anyone here ever written to their MP about protecting women's sex-based rights and if so what kind of response did you get?
Lol my MP is Mhairi Black.....what sort of response do you think I would get.......

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know people who know Grayson and Philippa Perry. They are are really not very nice people - the Perrys, that is.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Today I heard the term “abrosexual” for the first time. Apparently there’s a flag too. I’m sorry, but seriously?

As an aside, all this woowoo is a bloody nightmare for autofill.

• Wow
Today I heard the term “abrosexual” for the first time. Apparently there’s a flag too. I’m sorry, but seriously?

As an aside, all this woowoo is a bloody nightmare for autofill.
When I hear stuff like that I go all ‘that’s lovely dear - now what is that?’

then no one can actually explain it

Reactions: 7
Yes, I've written to both my MP and my MSP on separate occasions. Neither of them bothered to reply, although I know the emails were received because I got the standard holding 'Thank you for your email, if you haven't included your address please resend with it included as we can't reply to people not in the constituency' automatic email response. The MP is Jamie Stone, so I'm banging my head against a brick wall there, the MSP at the time was Gail Ross, so ditto.
I’m in Glasgow and the only reply I’ve had is from Sandesh Gulhane (Conservative) he’s concerned about self ID.

I wrote to the Scottish government opposing self ID. I just emailed the address on the Scottish government website and addressed it to Nicola! I got quite a detailed response back assuring me that women’s rights will not be comprised. Appreciated the response and the fact that someone had taken the time to read my email and address the points. But I don’t feel particularly reassured by it.

When I hear stuff like that I go all ‘that’s lovely dear - now what is that?’

then no one can actually explain it
you can probably expect a bizarre tiktok referrencing about 2937203 other terms which makes no sense as an explination :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
This is so wrong.

Yet as soon as you say a thing you're labelled a TERF.
I have just read this article. I am so glad I don’t have daughters that could be exposed to this situation and as a woman who is sick of this I would be making a rather loud objection if I ever was.

Reactions: 9
I dont give a duck if they think theyre unicorns, id be telling them to get the duck out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is so wrong.

I've just read the comments on that article, as I often do on the Daily Mail site. On stories there you can click on the green arrow to 'like' or the red one to 'dislike.' As far as I can remember, that is the only story I've seen where both likes and dislikes on comments have gone into five figures - in both cases, the vast majority being supportive of the author of the article.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is so wrong.

Yet as soon as you say a thing you're labelled a TERF.
I had to do a boring learn online course at work on Tuesday on equality and diversity. The upside is I’m refreshed on the Equality act 2010 which applies to Gender Reassignment NOT gender identity. Self ID is not legal, whatever these clowns are spewing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Poor response from Zara. They are stricter when it comes to letting men in women’s changing rooms if there are Muslim women changing? That seems to be what I got from the article. “Our decisions also have to depend on the ethnic profile of the other customers in the room at the time.”

So we have to self-identify as coming from a more conservative culture if we want sex-segregated changing rooms? Noted 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.