Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Channel 4 has a show just starting called "Cancelled" - looks like it will include a look at using non trans inclusive language. Richard Bacon is presenting.

Edited to add - we're on Dave Chapelle already!
anyone seen it yet?? will def def watching on catchup

Reactions: 3
It was a bit of a light programme but I'm glad it was shown. A good half of it centred on the trans issue, they interviewed professor Jo Phoenix, showed the abuse she has suffered, showed clips of the protests outside her talk the other week where the bloke in the dress was screaming "die" at everyone. They asked her how it affected her and another female academic who's name I don't remember. Then they interviewed a trans person briefly but they just alked about how marginalised they were 😴 They touched on JK too. Oh and they set up a fake employment consultancy at a trade fair and gave businesses insane advice like that they should have 21 toilets to be inclusive and should use entirely inclusive language, it was to test how people reacted and scarily people agreed to the ideas to avoid looking discriminatory.

All in all I'm glad it was shown, a lot of people wouldn't be aware how bad things were in universities etc and certainly wouldn't have seen how abusive the trans protestors are so it may open some eyes.

anyone seen it yet?? will def def watching on catchup

Reactions: 11
I watched the Richard Bacon programme and thought it did well on the trans debate. I liked the fake experiment with the 21 different toilets, highlights how ridiculous it all is. I’d like to think it might have peaked a few people at home watching who aren’t on Twitter or (like one of my friends I don’t see very often said recently) ‘just let them use our toilets, no big deal’. If only it was that simple.

Reactions: 10
its either on this thread or the previous one that approx 470 woman where where sentenced/on remand for rape

In England rape can only happen with a penis

So basically there are all men

I found the answer in Helen Joyce's book - She says that the female estate is about 4000 prisoners and male estate around 88,000. In 2017 125 prisoners had trans identities. 60 of the transwoman were in for sexual offences, which is not only above the normal rate of sexual offending in the women population, but is also above the normal rate for men.

I read this to my friend who said 'I don't want to think about this right now.'

• Angry
Reactions: 14
The excuse is the most embarassing part! Nobody gives a tit if you like it up the bum, mate 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I read this to my friend who said 'I don't want to think about this right now.'
This is quite bizarre. Imagine being told about racism or homophobia or something similar and saying 'I don't want to think about this right now.' There is something about trans issues that makes people just want to stick their head in the sand in a way that we would never do with other social issues, it's so strange

Reactions: 18
This is quite bizarre. Imagine being told about racism or homophobia or something similar and saying 'I don't want to think about this right now.' There is something about trans issues that makes people just want to stick their head in the sand in a way that we would never do with other social issues, it's so strange
I think that sometimes the world is such a horrible place that people prefer not to know these things. “Ignorance is bliss”

I have a family friend who doesn’t watch the news at all. She does seem quite happy but it’s often difficult to hold a conversation because she hasn’t a clue what’s going on in the world outside her local area.

Lots of educated men and women however do watch the news and just filter out certain issues, either because they feel it doesn’t affect them, is too distressing etc

Reactions: 6
Yes, this is it exactly and I think why the trans movement has got to where it is. Celebrities in particular who just blindly support them and are all TWAW. If faced with the reality of a man, saying he’s a woman, undressing in front of them and their kids at a spa or whatever, they wouldn’t know what to say. It’s easy to support a cause that will never effect you (or you think it won’t effect you).

Reactions: 12
I think that sometimes the world is such a horrible place that people prefer not to know these things. “Ignorance is bliss”

I have a family friend who doesn’t watch the news at all. She does seem quite happy but it’s often difficult to hold a conversation because she hasn’t a clue what’s going on in the world outside her local area.

Lots of educated men and women however do watch the news and just filter out certain issues, either because they feel it doesn’t affect them, is too distressing etc
I agree, I think people are worried that, to an extent, their world view will be shattered and they don't want to face up to it. Accepting this whole madness is basically portrayed in the same way as not being racist or sexist, when it is a totally different issue.
Even if you do watch the news though, unless you read stuff like the DM, where would you really hear about this whole insanity? Most (if not all) of what I hear is either from here or a friend who is also interested in this, I often share articles from here with my mum and despite being pretty up to date on the news they are generally things she has heard nothing about

The excuse is the most embarassing part! Nobody gives a tit if you like it up the bum, mate 😂.
I can just imagine the scene in the hospital with him blurting out his, unasked for, unbelievable explanation as the doctors focus on what they need to do rather than caring "how" it happened :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
Now a significant minority of transwomen look to be AGPs or at least have a fetish for dressing as a woman, I'd like Eddie Izzard and Grayson Perry to f-off thanks. I really like his wife's advice columns and books but I can't take her seriously if she gives him air to behave like that, getting off on our reactions to him looking like the shittest woman on earth.

Reactions: 8

A bit of light relief from idiot men putting things places they shouldn't...
So he ‘tripped and fell’ during a clear out, why was he doing this with no clothes on his bottom half?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
IMO, it’s the (quite frankly, clever) hijacking itself to homophobia and (more recently) racism (BLM) that has allowed it to flourish and seep into society as deep as it has. People mostly have a visceral revulsion to racism and to a lesser extent, homophobia, so they want to go out of their way to of course not be supporting anything like that (which is why the argument against transgender always falls back to “it’s like what happened to gay people in the 80s/it’s like saying you wouldn’t date a black person) used as a guilty battering ram. “I don’t want to think about this right now” is a sort of admission seeping through that ‘things aren’t making sense but they should make sense because I’m not racist, or homophobic, so maybe it’s more complicated than I can understand’ (when it’s not: there is male and there is female, there are men and there are women. Literally nothing has changed or become more complicated except language and society).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.