Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried wild for a few months last year during lockdown and hated the bloody thing. It didn't work for me at all. I found the deodorant really oily so that, combined with sweat... gross and uncomfortable. I think their advice is to apply more during the day but I'd have to wipe it all off and reapply from the start due to said oiliness!! The scents are nice though. Dunno if it's just me but my body didn't adapt to it, but I've heard similar from other people.
they're not very oily and some scents can even be a little dry.. might have been the batch if these were all done at the same time,, i have heard from users and them that some people take a couple of weeks or so to get used to transitioning to natural deodrants which seems to involve sweat issues . I;ve never had any trouble nor have a lot of users I know but some took a while for their body to get used. it's not uncommon and not restricted to this brand , but a change from sprays etc to natural..

Reactions: 1

Just the professionalism you want in a dr. A guy who writes himself his own incorrect prescriptions.
“Even really sympathetic cisgender folk can’t really begin to understand what we can go through..."

How can they know what anyone else experiences? The sheer arrogance of it is astounding.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
He really sees himself as some sort of messiah figure doesn't he?

Also why do they think we don't want trans people to have healhcare? I want everyone to have access to good quality healthcare, just not to doctors like Harrop who feed their own god complex by advocating treatments for transgender people that we have seen are not evidence based and may well be harmful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
He really sees himself as some sort of messiah figure doesn't he?
What I’ve been wondering is just what has led him to hate women on such a profound level. It goes beyond trans rights. Even the most supportive trans ally doesn’t hate women as much as this guy does. What’s happened in his life to get him to this point? Answers on a postcard.

Reactions: 14
The Daily Telegraph, reporting on the Science Museum, FFS:

Science Museum bows to woke pressure after complaints Boy or Girl? display excludes transgender people
Curators cite visitor feedback as one of the reasons for making changes to the exhibition, after claims it was not ‘inclusive’

ByCraig Simpson1 December 2021 • 3:05pm

QNjv4BqsAogmHevxtpuCdqPXGE-9x6gDhQVrWbLFsOnJfmHYsw.jpg

The Boy or Girl? exhibit at the Science Museum in London is under review to be more trans-inclusive
The Science Museum is set to alter its Boy or Girl? display following complaints over a “lack of mention of transgender”.
Curators will make changes to a gallery covering human biology in order to “update (the) non-inclusive narrative”, it can be revealed.
A display on sex characteristics titled Boy or Girl? has received complaints “due to the lack of mention of transgender”, according to internal documents, and there are plans to make alterations to the exhibit which asks “how are boys and girls different?”
The Science Museum has confirmed that work has begun to review the exhibit covering subjects including hormones and chromosomes, and has stated that all such reviews “take into account new scientific and curatorial research and visitor feedback”.
Internal documents state that there was “action to consult the Museum of Transology” - which bills itself as the largest collection of transgender’s people’s artefacts - in relation to the Boy or Girl? exhibit.

The display highlighted for its lack of transgender coverage, and earmarked for alterations, already makes mention of topical issues relating to gender, including feelings of being “born in the wrong body” and how these are addressed.

QNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQf0Rf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpg

The review of the exhibit, which asks “how are boys and girls different?” and covers subjects including hormones and chromosomes, will “take into account new scientific and curatorial research and visitor feedback”
The Boy or Girl? cabinet currently holds a fake penis to be worn under clothing as a “packer” to provide a male appearance, as well as a compression vest to flatten the chest. Testosterone patches worn to include bodily changes are also displayed.
In its current form, the under-review display includes an information panel which states that “sex usually refers to someone’s biological characteristics”, whereas “gender is more difficult to define”.
The panel continues: “Your gender identity is our sense of yourself as male or female, or, for some people neither or both. It may not match your biological sex.”
Plans to make changes to the display following complaints about a limited mention for transgender issues, as noted in internal emails, has been criticised by campaigners.
'Sexual reproduction has not changed'
Maya Forstater, executive director of campaign group Sex Matters and winner of a prominent employment tribunal relating to her “gender-critical” views, said: "The Science Museum should reflect biology.”
She added: “Sexual reproduction evolved over one billion years ago and it has not changed in recent years.
“It is the reproductive strategy of all higher animals and plants, including humans.
“Helping visitors of all ages to understand this is core to what the Science Museum should be doing.”
“It is concerning that a place dedicated to science is being swayed by cultural trends in this way."
Boy or Girl? had previously been altered to remove a sign which stated “your X and Y chromosomes define your biological sex” following complaints in 2016.
The Science Museum has confirmed that work is currently under way to review the display in its Who Am I? gallery, but no physical alterations have yet been made.
The museum has said that the gallery is updated “on a rolling basis, where resources allow, to reflect areas where there has been fresh research or a shift in scientific consensus”.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The Daily Telegraph, reporting on the Science Museum, FFS:

Science Museum bows to woke pressure after complaints Boy or Girl? display excludes transgender people
Curators cite visitor feedback as one of the reasons for making changes to the exhibition, after claims it was not ‘inclusive’

ByCraig Simpson1 December 2021 • 3:05pm

View attachment 899979
The Boy or Girl? exhibit at the Science Museum in London is under review to be more trans-inclusive
The Science Museum is set to alter its Boy or Girl? display following complaints over a “lack of mention of transgender”.
Curators will make changes to a gallery covering human biology in order to “update (the) non-inclusive narrative”, it can be revealed.
A display on sex characteristics titled Boy or Girl? has received complaints “due to the lack of mention of transgender”, according to internal documents, and there are plans to make alterations to the exhibit which asks “how are boys and girls different?”
The Science Museum has confirmed that work has begun to review the exhibit covering subjects including hormones and chromosomes, and has stated that all such reviews “take into account new scientific and curatorial research and visitor feedback”.
Internal documents state that there was “action to consult the Museum of Transology” - which bills itself as the largest collection of transgender’s people’s artefacts - in relation to the Boy or Girl? exhibit.

The display highlighted for its lack of transgender coverage, and earmarked for alterations, already makes mention of topical issues relating to gender, including feelings of being “born in the wrong body” and how these are addressed.

View attachment 899980
The review of the exhibit, which asks “how are boys and girls different?” and covers subjects including hormones and chromosomes, will “take into account new scientific and curatorial research and visitor feedback”
The Boy or Girl? cabinet currently holds a fake penis to be worn under clothing as a “packer” to provide a male appearance, as well as a compression vest to flatten the chest. Testosterone patches worn to include bodily changes are also displayed.
In its current form, the under-review display includes an information panel which states that “sex usually refers to someone’s biological characteristics”, whereas “gender is more difficult to define”.
The panel continues: “Your gender identity is our sense of yourself as male or female, or, for some people neither or both. It may not match your biological sex.”
Plans to make changes to the display following complaints about a limited mention for transgender issues, as noted in internal emails, has been criticised by campaigners.
'Sexual reproduction has not changed'
Maya Forstater, executive director of campaign group Sex Matters and winner of a prominent employment tribunal relating to her “gender-critical” views, said: "The Science Museum should reflect biology.”
She added: “Sexual reproduction evolved over one billion years ago and it has not changed in recent years.
“It is the reproductive strategy of all higher animals and plants, including humans.
“Helping visitors of all ages to understand this is core to what the Science Museum should be doing.”
“It is concerning that a place dedicated to science is being swayed by cultural trends in this way."
Boy or Girl? had previously been altered to remove a sign which stated “your X and Y chromosomes define your biological sex” following complaints in 2016.
The Science Museum has confirmed that work is currently under way to review the display in its Who Am I? gallery, but no physical alterations have yet been made.
The museum has said that the gallery is updated “on a rolling basis, where resources allow, to reflect areas where there has been fresh research or a shift in scientific consensus”.
so, in summary, we are moving away from science?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I have a feeling that Harrop is too much of a narc to keep his head down and avoid getting in yet more trouble with the GMC.

Reactions: 15
It’s great that the RCM tagged Milli Hill though, because she’s a persona non grata within some sections of the pregnancy and birth community.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.