Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a 30something woman I am so tempted to buy a load of Ravenclaw merch, clothing, masks, mugs and take them to work and see if anyone says anything 😂

I'm a sewist so I am also tempted to make a suffragette colours tote bag but then again someone will probably think I am nonbinary since they stole the colours. Maybe instead I will go to work wearing a big Rowena Ravenclaw Diadem tiara. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
As a 30something woman I am so tempted to buy a load of Ravenclaw merch, clothing, masks, mugs and take them to work and see if anyone says anything 😂

I'm a sewist so I am also tempted to make a suffragette colurs tote bag but then again someone will probably think I am nonbinary since they stole the colours. Maybe instead I will go to work wearing a big Rowena Ravenclaw Diadem tiara. :ROFLMAO:
I did see this earlier if people are looking for scarves

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hope she goes after the ones in the pic and all the accounts that shared the unedited image

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What an amazing woman. I give it 5 minutes before some dopey trans activists claim that a woman with a social media following of millions tried to create a pile on to some poor innocent lowly actors. Their DARVO tactics won't wash. They're getting desperate now

Reactions: 24
Out of the three men, one appears to have deleted their Twitter account, the others have protected their accounts (were they public before?) and made their IG accounts private.

Try to doxx and intimidate a woman, then go hiding themselves. bleeping cowards.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yeah they were definitely public. They know they went too far but it won't stop them and over transactivists making out they're the poor oppressed victims in this scenario

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Out of the three men, one appears to have deleted their Twitter account, the others have protected their accounts (were they public before?) and made their IG accounts private.

Try to doxx and intimidate a woman, then go hiding themselves. bleeping cowards.
i dont understand how the police arent getting involved?i would be terrified if i was like. unless they have and i missed it

Reactions: 7
i dont understand how the police arent getting involved?i would be terrified if i was like. unless they have and i missed it
JK thanked the PoliceScotland account, but who knows what they did

JK: Hello? I've just been doxxed online by three men outside my home, they're here now
Police: Sorry ma'am, all our patrol officers are busy
JK: So I should have to be intimidated by men in dresses?
Police: Did you just misgender these brave and stunning humans? WE NEED BACKUP

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I hope she goes after the ones in the pic and all the accounts that shared the unedited image

Lol 2 of them mentioned have their tweets protected whilst the 3rd has just deleted their profile.

Obviously just realising that their actions actually may have real world consequences for them as a woman is daring to stand up to them.

Reactions: 15

Two of them were women, which makes it even worse IMO (one trans man, one non-binary female and one either trans woman or male drag queen.)

I'm pleased she's put out a statement though. She really does have a way with words.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Doxxing needs to be taken much more seriously in general. Like she said in her thread, she's had enough death threats to paper her home with. If someone who had previously sent her threats was then to hurt her because these twats have posted her address, they should be done for aiding and abetting a crime.

Reactions: 21

JK: Hello? I've just been doxxed online by three men outside my home, they're here now
JK has money the police would have been round there sharpish as they would know there would be consequences for not responding.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Two of them were women, which makes it even worse IMO (one trans man, one non-binary female and one either trans woman or male drag queen.)

I'm pleased she's put out a statement though. She really does have a way with words.
Ah I didn't realise. My default is to assume it's men doing the Bad Things (as part of my womanly life experience that doesn't involve spinning in a dress or having a shower)

Reactions: 9
Her response is so dignified. I’m not usually one to ‘fangirl’ over individuals but she proves again and again how full of grace she is. I would have gone apeshit were it me, but she does these things with dignity. Own goal for the TRAs as more people will see what is happening in terms of the doxxing and start to join the dots that JKR and GC women are being harrassed.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Doxxing needs to be taken much more seriously in general. Like she said in her thread, she's had enough death threats to paper her home with. If someone who had previously sent her threats was then to hurt her because these twats have posted her address, they should be done for aiding and abetting a crime.
And they were repeatedly gloating in the original replies saying that you can find her address online in multiple places so they weren't doxxing... yeah, that's not how that works.

• Angry
Reactions: 14

they are probably too busy dealing with the "literal violence" of tote bags 😂 OT but i am going to the WOW festival next week (women of the world) havwnt been for a couple of years and i am interested to see how the trans issue will be dealt with, last time it wad very much "feminism must include trans women" but now the head of it is different and things have changed so fingers crossed... anyone else going/ever been?

Her response is so dignified. I’m not usually one to ‘fangirl’ over individuals but she proves again and again how full of grace she is. I would have gone apeshit were it me, but she does these things with dignity. Own goal for the TRAs as more people will see what is happening in terms of the doxxing and start to join the dots that JKR and GC women are being harrassed.
agreed , i am not a harry potter fan but have the utmost respect for her, both for this and also her not avoiding taxes like her financial advisers suggested she do, she has principles which she stands up for even if they basically detriment her

Reactions: 13
They haven't covered themselves in glory here have they? I can't think of many people on any side of a debate who think it's OK to post someone's address and stand outside their house.

Theyre absolutely cowardly shitbags though. If they're so right there'd be no need to delete tweets or twitter accounts would there?

Reactions: 11
They haven't covered themselves in glory here have they? I can't think of many people on any side of a debate who think it's OK to post someone's address and stand outside their house.

Theyre absolutely cowardly shitbags though. If they're so right there'd be no need to delete tweets or twitter accounts would there?
She’s a strong, beast of a woman who keeps rolling with all the patriarchal, misogynistic crap which gets thrown her way.

Something MEN will never have to deal with

Reactions: 15
JK's statement is very dignified. The difference between her (and the likes of Rosie Duffield, Kathleen Stock, Joanna Cherry... etc.) and the blue hair brigade is that she has always acted with dignity, regardless of how low they go.

I've always found the rabid HP fans so strange, they think JK owes them something. Crying about how she's "not an ally" - except she is, she's an ally to women. They live in a fantasy land.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.