Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paul. You have male pattern baldness and a full beard. You haven't decided tit.

And "My views are my own, not of my employer" is maybe fine on social media for many jobs, but for the police? I don't believe for a second that anyone who's bio says "Trans+ ally queer bear he/they" will manage to remain impartial at all times which is something every police officer needs to be.

Reactions: 14
I just had a glance at his Twitter.

Perhaps the reason for this, Paul, is that as you say, trans people are a "tiny minority"

Incidentally, women are also massively underrepresented in all these professions despite constituting over half of the population.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
Wow I’m gutted about Stock, completely understand it but those students are vile and think they’ve won. Not that it’s fair to ask or expect one woman to fight that fight but I hope this doesn’t become a trend now.

Re men wearing dresses - I cannot begin to express how little I care whether they do or dont. It’s not something I would take notice of, I wouldn’t think ‘how weird’ but equally I wouldn’t think ‘that’s great’ in the same way that if I see a woman in a trouser suit I’m not bothered either way. It is very peculiar to think some people obviously see men in dresses as some kind of groundbreaking statement. Does anyone really care? Do men actually feel they can’t wear dresses or do they just not really want to? I think there’s bigger fish to fry if I’m honest.
Totally agree, although let's be honest, women can pull off 'gender non conforming' clothes. It's yet another thing that women are better at and another reason for 'transwomen' to hate us!

As for Kathleen Stock, I know it might seem that they've won but ultimately she is the author of a best selling book and will no doubt have other opportunities away from them, meanwhile they will get a real shock in the real world and probably be unemployable. It's an absolute disgrace though. I like to imagine that she left on her own terms and it suited her to leave the toxic environment and she has had success with the book etc. Maybe wishful thinking on my part

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why does this horrible man hate women so much? Why does he hate that we want rights? Why are women the enemy to him and trans women the absolute bees knees? 🤔🤔🤔 answers on a postcard please.

If I had to guess I'd say he probably loves a bit of cock however he can get it?

Reactions: 6
Wow, check out the meltdown this man has because someone used 'transwoman' instead of 'trans woman'. Calls a woman a pig because of a space and has the cheek to lecture her about 'slurs'? Honestly, the aggression scares me. If he reacts like that over something so trivial, imagine what he would be like in person if he picked up on a perceived slight or something. This is why we don't want them in our spaces. The aggression is frightening

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Totally agree, although let's be honest, women can pull off 'gender non conforming' clothes. It's yet another thing that women are better at and another reason for 'transwomen' to hate us!

As for Kathleen Stock, I know it might seem that they've won but ultimately she is the author of a best selling book and will no doubt have other opportunities away from them, meanwhile they will get a real shock in the real world and probably be unemployable. It's an absolute disgrace though. I like to imagine that she left on her own terms and it suited her to leave the toxic environment and she has had success with the book etc. Maybe wishful thinking on my part
I’m buying her book for myself and all my friends. Boost her sales. I hope she left on her own terms too. It does sound like her employer supported her. I cannot believe the hate thrown at her when she is just stating facts. We live in a bizarre world where saying ‘women are women’ could lose you your job. Absolutely mind boggling.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Wow, check out the meltdown this man has because someone used 'transwoman' instead of 'trans woman'. Calls a woman a pig because of a space and has the cheek to lecture her about 'slurs'? Honestly, the aggression scares me. If he reacts like that over something so trivial, imagine what he would be like in person if he picked up on a perceived slight or something. This is why we don't want them in our spaces. The aggression is frightening

I've never got this either. Trans woman is fine but if you say transwoman you are completely dehumanising them? I bet they regularly say transwoman themselves in error. He's also not an adult human female and never will be.

Reactions: 17
They want the space because they want trans to be an adjective like tall woman, short woman, etc. They can argue about spaces all they want but they're men and a space or lack of won't make the blindest bit of difference. They can lash out, yell, try to call a woman a dehumanising term like 'pig'. Still men

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Says the smug little bleep

He's a bleeping idiot.

I don't know what point he thinks he's making, but sex is a protected characteristic under the equality act. It applies equally to men and women, however the legislation outlines specific exceptions for which 'discriminating' based on sex does not contravene the act, e.g. single sex toilets. And the point is, while it applies equally, only one of those is routinely being discriminated on based on sex.

Incidentally, I couldn't really give two shits if the average transgender woman wants to use the ladies toilets at work or whatever. Crack the duck on. I'm just tired of these gobshites telling me that sex, and anyone's identity beyond their own, is meaningless.

I would love to live in a world where everyone is equal and can exist as they wish with dignity and the opportunity for a good life, but once we start denying material reality and science, and where anyone with a legitimate question is shouted down, I think we're heading for the opposite of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They want the space because they want trans to be an adjective like tall woman, short woman, etc. They can argue about spaces all they want but they're men and a space or lack of won't make the blindest bit of difference. They can lash out, yell, try to call a woman a dehumanising term like 'pig'. Still men
They argue that women can be a subset of their own sex because their are categories within it like baby, child, teenager. That's just tenuous bullshit and holds no weight whatsoever.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.