Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also is your greatest achievement in life wearing a dress? Just duck off

Kathleen Stock has resigned :(
Ahhh noo but it sounds (I hope) like her decision and her safety is important. I like that the uni have put out a statement supporting her. I assume that means her leaving university teaching academia but hopefully she can still do Professor-y things elsewhere, write more stuff, do research etc?

Reactions: 12
It's annoying that 'sex work' is viewed as an entire single category, with absolutely no differentiation between someone posting the odd photo on OnlyFans or doing text-only financial dominatrix work, versus someone engaged in street prostitution who could be killed by a client/pimp at any moment. Nope - sex work is work, no ifs, ands or buts.

I have been really looking forward to going to see LNIS as well, and now I'm even more keen to support it.
How does one become a text only financial dominatrix? I have limited time and an amazon wish list?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Who is this dude? Is he a random Twitterer or some public figure? Why is he so smarmy?

He seems to pop up on twitter for me a lot. Always being a horrid little bastard about women. I can't get over how smug and superior he looks.

Reactions: 11
How does one become a text only financial dominatrix? I have limited time and an amazon wish list?
No idea, I think I saw a documentary about it once - women who would just text (or I suppose these days, whatsapp) their male clients and tell them how useless they men were and how they didn't deserve their money. Then they'd hand the money over to them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I've just been watching the videos of the protest outside the prison meeting. For people who want to be recognised as "women", they don't act in a terribly lady-like way, do they? Why do they have to be so foul-mouthed and abusive? I've never been spoken to like that by anyone (apart from my ex-husband, who was an alcoholic, and a massive hole), and I admire those poor women security guards who had to put up with such aggressive behaviour. That fat guy, yelling in his megaphone right in the guard's face? He's lucky he didn't get a knee in the nads, but one day, he's going to yell at the wrong person.

No wonder they can't find anyone who wants to have sex with them 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Such a shame Kathleen Stock has resigned. Saw some chatter from the usual hole students saying she should apologise for causing harm to team students. What harm, exactly? What more do they want from her? She has resigned. She was targeted and put through hell for weeks. She's the one who has been harmed here. She didn't single out trans students and attack them and make them fear for their own safety. Seriously, duck off with this tit.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
I've just been watching the videos of the protest outside the prison meeting. For people who want to be recognised as "women", they don't act in a terribly lady-like way, do they? Why do they have to be so foul-mouthed and abusive? I've never been spoken to like that by anyone (apart from my ex-husband, who was an alcoholic, and a massive hole), and I admire those poor women security guards who had to put up with such aggressive behaviour. That fat guy, yelling in his megaphone right in the guard's face? He's lucky he didn't get a knee in the nads, but one day, he's going to yell at the wrong person.

No wonder they can't find anyone who wants to have sex with them 🙄
being a woman just equates to wearing makeup and a dress, nothing about the behaviour we are societally enforced to follow

• Angry
Reactions: 15
God the smugness of this little prick.

I don't know who this smug little oddball prick is, but I'm not sure what's wrong with being able to say whatever you like as as long as its legal.

Here's a thought - I want even the people I disagree with to have freedom of speech, because if other people can be silenced for a difference of opinion, what's to stop the same happening to me?

On a similar note, in my personal life I know a worker than woke heterosexual white man (ugly hairy bearded he/him mouth on a stick) who I've seen engage in multiple public call outs of "transphobes" and the like when I know for a fact he was abusive to his ex wife and friends with a known sex offender.

Anyway, he made some unsavoury comments about the murder of David Amess and was quickly subject to the same sort of "cancellation" he inflicted on other people. I abhor cancel culture but the schadenfreude of seeing these misogynists realise that if you live by the sword and die by the sword really is satisfying.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't know who this smug little oddball prick is, but I'm not sure what's wrong with being able to say whatever you like as as long as its legal.

Here's a thought - I want even the people I disagree with to have freedom of speech, because if other people can be silenced for a difference of opinion, what's to stop the same happening to me?

On a similar note, in my personal life I know a worker than woke heterosexual white man (ugly hairy bearded he/him mouth on a stick) who I've seen engage in multiple public call outs of "transphobes" and the like when I know for a fact he was abusive to his ex wife and friends with a known sex offender.

Anyway, he made some unsavoury comments about the murder of David Amess and was quickly subject to the same sort of "cancellation" he inflicted on other people. I abhor cancel culture but the schadenfreude of seeing these misogynists realise that if you live by the sword and die by the sword really is satisfying.

Oh no I fully agree that you should be able to say anything you like as long as it's legal. He seems to be saying that as a way to justify being a prick to staff though. And I bet the wee tit wouldn't consider misgendering someone as "lawfully respectful". As an aside I love that misgendering always comes up with a red line under it wherever you type it. It's not even a proper word.

Reactions: 8
Boots are at it with regurgitating stonewall dodgy claims, though they don't appear to be part of the Stonewall Champions, yet

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Talk about thinking the world revolves around you!
What Harry Styles does is actually challenge gender stereotypes, Billy Porter just reinforces them
Not to mention he's clearly never heard of David Bowie, Boy George, etc etc

BP seems like a pompous twit. Also bold of him to say Harry is "straight." Why is that part needed? Hasn't there been rumours for years that Styles is at least bi? I mean he did apparently beard/PR with Taylor Swift who has been rumoured since her early days to be gay and all her romantic relationships have apparently been beards, even her "muse" Joe had some questionable photos on social media (closeted due to starting in country music like Chely Wright). If you listen to her music from a gay perspective it is quite eye opening (all about secret/forbidden relationships, even early music). It looked like she was going to come out during her Lover era, all the rainbow stuff and saying "gay pride makes me, me" in her documentary and Pride pin on a magazine cover then the Scooter Braun masters stuff happened. A lot of fans refuse to believe it could be true and that she's just an "ally" but if she is an ally then it seems like queerbaiting. Anyway, that is another topic that you can find plenty about online.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Boots are at it with regurgitating stonewall dodgy claims, though they don't appear to be part of the Stonewall Champions, yet

How mentally fragile do you have to be if someone using the wrong pronouns makes you 50% more likely to kill yourself?

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.