Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They want the space because they want trans to be an adjective like tall woman, short woman, etc. They can argue about spaces all they want but they're men and a space or lack of won't make the blindest bit of difference. They can lash out, yell, try to call a woman a dehumanising term like 'pig'. Still men
Trans-identifying man it is, then.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow, check out the meltdown this man has because someone used 'transwoman' instead of 'trans woman'. Calls a woman a pig because of a space and has the cheek to lecture her about 'slurs'? Honestly, the aggression scares me. If he reacts like that over something so trivial, imagine what he would be like in person if he picked up on a perceived slight or something. This is why we don't want them in our spaces. The aggression is frightening
Your chromosomes say otherwise, pig.

That’ll do, pig, that’ll do. Without being too outing, I went to an arts university. This pushing boundaries tit is not new and that was ok. It’s ok to self express. It’s ok to mess around with what makes you, you. Especially when you’re young! But that doesn’t mean you can fundamentally change your biological sex, on a whim, and expect the whole world to validate you.
I’m just so exhausted with all this. Reading the thread a times is horrifying and depressing. It’s like I see the world through a different lens.

Reactions: 22
Despite the pile on the BBC are standing by their position to publish the article about lesbians being coerced by men in frocks 😃

Wow the Beeb seems to be changing its tune after being quite one sided for a few years.

Wow, check out the meltdown this man has because someone used 'transwoman' instead of 'trans woman'. Calls a woman a pig because of a space and has the cheek to lecture her about 'slurs'? Honestly, the aggression scares me. If he reacts like that over something so trivial, imagine what he would be like in person if he picked up on a perceived slight or something. This is why we don't want them in our spaces. The aggression is frightening
What us the efffing difference with/without a space? Both are fictional anyway, why are they so nasty to people with goalposts that keep changing what is "acceptable" to them? Seriously can the asteroid come.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I’m just so exhausted with all this. Reading the thread a times is horrifying and depressing. It’s like I see the world through a different lens.
I don’t really go on Twitter except for clicking specific tweets people have posted and reading comments, but I was trying to find the “transwoman/trans woman” account last night and struggled, and found myself emerged in some similar accounts…it felt like I was wading through serious mental health problems. If I didn’t know about any of this I would have thought they were parodies. One of them said along the lines of “I am a depressed, autistic, suicidal transwoman on medication, #Netflix, fire Chapelle and give me my own comedy show instead”, so, so bizarre and otherworldly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I see there are now claiming adult human female. Even though they are not by any definition.

Maybe the tide is changing

Source
So will that include parents that try and raise their kids non binary and don't tell anyone wheather they are boys or girls.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Maybe a little off topic, though this article does raise the pronoun tit:

Sorry to any gen Z here but most seem like utter selfish dicks coming into the workplace.

If you can complete a days work in a few hours maybe either not doing right or not enough work? I work in IT and when there's no planned work some days are just sitting around browsing the internet until something breaks as it's 24\7 public facing applications, simply need to be available for 8 hours a day and on-call rota for the other hours.

Not sure about these mental health days, that an American thing? In the UK we get sick leave but off sick over 4 occasions in a year will result in warnings, but just saying not coming in today cause not feeling in! They really don't consider the impact on other staff. Not sure WFH is a good thing when starting a new job, been WFH the last 18 months and a staff member that started 12 months ago is bleeping useless and I discovered how useless management is too :/ no gen Z in the team yet.

Though I do think there should be more help for working people when they are ill, I know some people fired for taking off sick when getting cancer treatment :(

And suggesting the black square for BLM, was nothing more than virtue signalling.

But it was near the end that got me and I think the reason why some are obsessed with pronouns and labelling themselves is that they feel the need to share everything, and don't give a tit about other people, it's all me me me

This became apparent when the staff participated in an exercise she calls the “Suffie Awards”: sitting around a campfire and sharing personal sources of suffering from last year, trying to one-up one another

I'm sure many of us have\had mental health issues and talking is good, but to the right people, not outdoing one another and putting guilt on others.

These pretend trans and the generation themselves need shaken into the real world

The whole cracking up about transwoman rather than trans woman, I start following a few transexual people on twitter that don't care for this new trans tit and they don't bother with the space :) these new trans will hopefully kill each other if the no space doesn't tip them over the edge

Reactions: 6
I think there definitely needs to be a change in policy regarding mental health and sickness leave. Many employers don't see mental health as a "real" condition, they'd understand a physically disabled employee taking time off but not someone with a mental illness. I had this problem when I was in very poor mental health (bulimia & BDD) and even though I was very visibly not well, I was reprimanded for violating company sickness policy and told I would no longer be given sick leave, spoken to as if I were making it all up, etc. (This was despite the fact of them having records from my doctor and from occupational health that yes, I was being treated for bulimia and BDD.) At one point my boss said that since I wasn't "registered disabled" they would consider me not to have a disability, even though anti-discrimination laws say otherwise and there is no central "registry" of disabled people.

But then I don't doubt that if things did change for the better TRAs would take advantage for it, even though they are adamant that being "trans" (I put this in quotes because "trans" as used by TRAs means whatever they want it to, they don't think it should have anything to do with dysphoria) isn't a mental illness

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mental health days are increasingly popular over here and I think they're brilliant, but employers need to do more alongside them. My place offers free counselling and several MH courses to attend. I also started remotely and WFH - if I couldnt wfh, id struggle to work around the kids and id like to think im not useless 🤣

Reactions: 5
I was in a bit of a mood when I typed that lol.

It probably is just a small amount of gen Z like this, the article was a small sample in USA and the internet doesn't help as the worst of them seem to be the loudest. Many that work in retail and food services have been to my experience polite and professional. And mentored a few in placements (born pre 2000s) that just wanted to do their work..

Our work does provide free counselling and if it's work related stress leave isn't counted to the sick, though I think you need to prove the issue was work and had a meeting with management to help. I know esp this year I could have taken stress leave and really should have as my MH has been at it's worst but I had the guilt as I had the privilege to be WFH and didn't want the projects to be heaped onto someone else. Talk about MH and providing better resources is good. Sadly some will take the piss, there's a person that takes 6 months stress leave every few years for a long break, and they ain't suffering from MH just playing the system :(

Reactions: 7
I was in a bit of a mood when I typed that lol.

It probably is just a small amount of gen Z like this, the article was a small sample in USA and the internet doesn't help as the worst of them seem to be the loudest. Many that work in retail and food services have been to my experience polite and professional. And mentored a few in placements (born pre 2000s) that just wanted to do their work..

Our work does provide free counselling and if it's work related stress leave isn't counted to the sick, though I think you need to prove the issue was work and had a meeting with management to help. I know esp this year I could have taken stress leave and really should have as my MH has been at it's worst but I had the guilt as I had the privilege to be WFH and didn't want the projects to be heaped onto someone else. Talk about MH and providing better resources is good. Sadly some will take the piss, there's a person that takes 6 months stress leave every few years for a long break, and they ain't suffering from MH just playing the system :(
Oh its bound to happen! There will always be people that take advantage. Likewise, my MH was bad a few months ago but I kept piling the pressure on myself instead of saying I needed a break. You still worry/feel guilty etc

Reactions: 3
While I do think it's great there's a renewed focus on mental health in general I do think that there's been some downsides- for instance, just having a slightly bad day or being in a mood is not the same as having a mental health condition. Being anxious sometimes or a bit down for no reason or other are all part of being human but at the slightest hint of this some are screaming about their mental health.

By the way, this is not directed at anyone here- it's more the crowd who collapse in a heap over pronouns or who need trigger warnings because of Harry Potter or whatever. Those people have no coping skills whatsoever

Reactions: 18
While I do think it's great there's a renewed focus on mental health in general I do think that there's been some downsides- for instance, just having a slightly bad day or being in a mood is not the same as having a mental health condition. Being anxious sometimes or a bit down for no reason or other are all part of being human but at the slightest hint of this some are screaming about their mental health.

By the way, this is not directed at anyone here- it's more the crowd who collapse in a heap over pronouns or who need trigger warnings because of Harry Potter or whatever. Those people have no coping skills whatsoever
Agreed - there seems to be no resillience?

Reactions: 10
Why does this horrible man hate women so much? Why does he hate that we want rights? Why are women the enemy to him and trans women the absolute bees knees? 🤔🤔🤔 answers on a postcard please.

Because he can't get laid and probably has a TINY cock. He's a card though, I'll give him that 'Euan yours', what an INCREDIBLY AMUSING AND FUNNY PUN. Said no-one ever.

Probably spends his days wanking over Ru Paul's drag race interspersed with his twitter bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

My hairdresser was talking to me about apprentices the other day, he said he liked one of them, she had a good attitude and personality. I said is that unusual. He said yes, a lot of them don’t have a clue. He says they all have “ issues” - he did the quotes. I asked him what he meant. He said some of them are insolent, and back chatting in front of customers, even when asked to do the most basic thing. (He reprimands them later.) And he said he is tired of them treating him like a parent rather than an employer. He has to sit and listen to them - they all want to tell him about their anxieties. He said they say they have anxieties when you ask them to do X (basic stuff) and if he says do you have anxieties when you do something you enjoy, they say no. He tries to tell them that feeling nervous about new stuff is a normal part of life, and using anxiety as an excuse not to do something is not on, but they are all on planet Me. He just wants to go home and see his own kids and has to act as some type of parent to other people’s kids. He is in his late 30s, so not methuselah.

Reactions: 18
Because he can't get laid and probably has a TINY cock. He's a card though, I'll give him that 'Euan yours', what an INCREDIBLY AMUSING AND FUNNY PUN. Said no-one ever.

Probably spends his days wanking over Ru Paul's drag race interspersed with his twitter bullshit.

The wee prick today is banging on about there being no "campus free speech problem". If that's the case, why was a woman doing a law degree put under investigation and threatened with expulsion for saying "only women have vaginas"?

Also he has declared that " Protesting named individuals is perfectly legal, and very common." I bet that doesn't apply to David Paisley.

And of course he'd be the sort to make that pointless race comparison in regards to the evil BBC article he doesn't agree with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
My hairdresser was talking to me about apprentices the other day, he said he liked one of them, she had a good attitude and personality. I said is that unusual. He said yes, a lot of them don’t have a clue. He says they all have “ issues” - he did the quotes. I asked him what he meant. He said some of them are insolent, and back chatting in front of customers, even when asked to do the most basic thing. (He reprimands them later.) And he said he is tired of them treating him like a parent rather than an employer. He has to sit and listen to them - they all want to tell him about their anxieties. He said they say they have anxieties when you ask them to do X (basic stuff) and if he says do you have anxieties when you do something you enjoy, they say no. He tries to tell them that feeling nervous about new stuff is a normal part of life, and using anxiety as an excuse not to do something is not on, but they are all on planet Me. He just wants to go home and see his own kids and has to act as some type of parent to other people’s kids. He is in his late 30s, so not methuselah.
A generation of kids who've never been told no, who've been told they are the most special and unique flower ever, that there are no such thing as winners and so on

Reactions: 14
I worked closely with someone in University student services and the levels of support some students need these days is unbelievable. Of course, support should be available but she said a lot of them need help managing the most basic of life events. Essay deadlines would trigger anxiety, lots apply for extenuating circumstances to allow extra time and so on.

Reactions: 11
I worked closely with someone in University student services and the levels of support some students need these days is unbelievable. Of course, support should be available but she said a lot of them need help managing the most basic of life events. Essay deadlines would trigger anxiety, lots apply for extenuating circumstances to allow extra time and so on.
Wrapped in cotton wool. Resilience doesn't seem to be a thing. Mental Health is of course real (we all suffer somehow/sometimes) but kids aren't taught coping methods to keep the worst of it at bay so they don't try anything out of their comfort zone. I know people don't like the term "snowflake" but I think it does apply to a lot of young people these days. They seem incapable of thinking critically.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.