Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BP seems like a pompous twit. Also bold of him to say Harry is "straight." Why is that part needed? Hasn't there been rumours for years that Styles is at least bi? I mean he did apparently beard/PR with Taylor Swift who has been rumoured since her early days to be gay and all her romantic relationships have apparently been beards, even her "muse" Joe had some questionable photos on social media (closeted due to starting in country music like Chely Wright). If you listen to her music from a gay perspective it is quite eye opening (all about secret/forbidden relationships, even early music). It looked like she was going to come out during her Lover era, all the rainbow stuff and saying "gay pride makes me, me" in her documentary and Pride pin on a magazine cover then the Scooter Braun masters stuff happened. A lot of fans refuse to believe it could be true and that she's just an "ally" but if she is an ally then it seems like queerbaiting. Anyway, that is another topic that you can find plenty about online.
also this is the only "conspiracy" I can actually somewhat believe. Hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No idea, I think I saw a documentary about it once - women who would just text (or I suppose these days, whatsapp) their male clients and tell them how useless they men were and how they didn't deserve their money. Then they'd hand the money over to them.
This is my calling.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also bold of him to say Harry is "straight."
I watched something with him*, a few other folk, and Richard Madden. He said something similar to him. It was about straight actors playing gay characters or something if I'm remembering right. Richard Madden hasn't publicly came out but...:cautious:

Anyways. A lot of gay people in my sphere think he's being a plonker. He didn't invent men wearing dresses.

Edit: *Him being Billy Porter, don't think it was clear, sorry!

Reactions: 6
He's what, coming up fifty years too late to the "men wearing women's clothes to be edgy" party 😂.

I read Rob Halford of Judas Priest's autobiography recently - a man who was gay in a time when it wasn't acceptable to be open about it, especially in the hyper-masculine world of rock and heavy metal. And yet he was on stage in his sister's clothes in the very early 70s.

I listened to a podcast the other day where South American trans woman sex worker was interviewed. She'd obviously been effeminate from being very young and was a young adult at a time and in a country where being underground and doing sex work was the only way to survive. I really felt for her, being persecuted by police for being different when she was clearly very sweet. When older white British trans women screech on about how transphobia is at an "all time high" when they protected by equality legislation and women are being arrested for tweeting that biological sex matters... They're having a bleeping laugh. Persecution complex.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
And then going into the 90s you had Kurt Cobain wearing dresses (and I have seen multiple arguments saying that made him a closeted trans woman)

“I like to wear dresses because they're comfortable,” Kurt Cobain told Melody Maker in December 1992. “There's nothing more comfortable than that cozy flower pattern… It just feels comfortable, sexy and free wearing a dress.

People fundamentally misunderstand the gender critical stance - it's not saying 'men should only wear/do X and women should only wear/do Y', it's saying 'men and women should wear/do whatever the hell they want to' (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone). If men want to wear dresses then that's fantastic.

Reactions: 17
I'm not going to lie and say I think it's fantastic if men were dresses. For the most part I think they look ridiculous and while the examples of Bowie and Cobain wearing dresses are used, let's be honest that most men are not Bowie or Cobain and can't pull it off. However, if a man wants to wear a dress, it's no skin off my nose as long as he doesn't decide that's what makes him a woman

• Heart
Reactions: 39
People fundamentally misunderstand the gender critical stance - it's not saying 'men should only wear/do X and women should only wear/do Y', it's saying 'men and women should wear/do whatever the hell they want to' (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone). If men want to wear dresses then that's fantastic.
Absolutely. I think gender non-conformity is a completely natural part of the human experience, because gender roles are externally imposed. I love seeing men who don't give a duck.

The TRAs are the regressive ones. Boy likes girl things, must be a trans girl! Something must be "wrong". It's like they're from the 50s. Clothes are just bleeping pieces of fabric.

Reactions: 18
I’ve just seen on the BBC that there’s been an open letter responding to THE article. They referred to ‘transwomen and cis lesbians’. What’s a cis lesbian when it’s at home? You mean an actual lesbian? Even if the article had no data and just had 1 or 2 women saying, “I’ve been pressured into it by males, I am attracted to female people only” there’d still be uproar. As for that Boots pronouns bollocks, what a load of shite. If I’m talking about you, you’re not within ear shot and won’t know WHAT I call you.

Reactions: 17
I hate to be all “not like in my day” (I’m only in my 30s FFS) but does anybody else find that younger people and older people who seem to live their lives online are just so bleeping humourless and uptight these days?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm not going to lie and say I think it's fantastic if men were dresses. For the most part I think they look ridiculous and while the examples of Bowie and Cobain wearing dresses are used, let's be honest that most men are not Bowie or Cobain and can't pull it off. However, if a man wants to wear a dress, it's no skin off my nose as long as he doesn't decide that's what makes him a woman
David Bowie looked incredible on the cover of The Man Who Sold The World 😍

I hate to be all “not like in my day” (I’m only in my 30s FFS) but does anybody else find that younger people and older people who seem to live their lives online are just so bleeping humourless and uptight these days?
Yes! I was saying to my other half earlier that I’m turning into my mum saying “this didn’t happen in my day“ (I’m 48)

Reactions: 7
I often think thank goodness for you 😀.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow I’m gutted about Stock, completely understand it but those students are vile and think they’ve won. Not that it’s fair to ask or expect one woman to fight that fight but I hope this doesn’t become a trend now.

Re men wearing dresses - I cannot begin to express how little I care whether they do or dont. It’s not something I would take notice of, I wouldn’t think ‘how weird’ but equally I wouldn’t think ‘that’s great’ in the same way that if I see a woman in a trouser suit I’m not bothered either way. It is very peculiar to think some people obviously see men in dresses as some kind of groundbreaking statement. Does anyone really care? Do men actually feel they can’t wear dresses or do they just not really want to? I think there’s bigger fish to fry if I’m honest.

Reactions: 26
I really love seeing people who express themselves in whatever way they want, with real confidence, and people who are different and non-conformist. The key is confidence though, which the vocal TRAs show they lack by requiring constant external validation.

Honestly, there's nothing more boring than other people's insecurities. We all have them. If they think self hatred, body obsession and constant critique of their appearance is awful, they should try being a woman 😂.

The reality is, if they are that certain of their womanhood, they wouldn't need anyone else to participate in it. They compare themselves to the gay rights movement, but gay people have never expected anything of anyone except respect and equal rights. They aren't making presumptions about anyone else's "identity".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He’s got a kind face.

The kind you’d like to bleeping slap.
And then slap some more. And then a wee bit more.

I really love seeing people who express themselves in whatever way they want, with real confidence, and people who are different and non-conformist. The key is confidence though, which the vocal TRAs show they lack by requiring constant external validation.

Honestly, there's nothing more boring than other people's insecurities. We all have them. If they think self hatred, body obsession and constant critique of their appearance is awful, they should try being a woman 😂.

The reality is, if they are that certain of their womanhood, they wouldn't need anyone else to participate in it. They compare themselves to the gay rights movement, but gay people have never expected anything of anyone except respect and equal rights. They aren't making presumptions about anyone else's "identity".

Also, if they were really such delicate oppressed little souls who might well kill themself if you use one wrong word in their presence, why do they always come across as loud, rude, obnoxious and aggressive whenever you see footage of them? It doesn't add up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This is a policeman.... "I'm a man because I decided it!" I mean looking at him if he'd decided he was a woman I doubt he'd have convinced anyone.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.