Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He blocked me a long time ago, which is a good thing as at least he can’t see my tweets to grass me up to the police.
He uses alt accounts to view people he's blocked which is how he complained to the police about Ceri/Femme_Loves tweets.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
OMG, I don't even know who this twunt really is, but when I clicked on his Twitter bio from the link above, I am blocked!! I have never had any interaction with him at all. He must be able to smell TERF. Absolute LOLz.
You may be on a Twitter list - worth checking and blocking the list owner esp if you used an email account that's used elsewhere, just in case they manage to get hold of email addresses (I may be slightly paranoid though there does seem to be many in these big tech places)

• Wow
Reactions: 3
He uses alt accounts to view people he's blocked which is how he complained to the police about Ceri/Femme_Loves tweets.
I blocked him back.

Watching Neighbours and the token trans character is debating sleeping with her boyfriend and she mentioned "CIS fantasy" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I'm going to Last Night in Soho at the cinema tomorrow. I've been waiting a long time for the movie to come out and I'm looking forward to it. I went to doesthedogdie.com (a website that warns about sensitive topics in movies) because I absolutely can't sit through anything with animal abuse in it. Spoiler for the movie below but it annoyed me that someone had written this:

One of the categories is for people to fill in whether the movie contains rape / sexual assault. Someone has put, "part of the plot involves unwanted sex work." WTF is "unwanted sex work?" Do you mean being pimped out and raped? Just say so. I hate the way this subject has been sanitised

The site also has a category for "is anyone MISGENDERED in the material?" as if it's just as serious as violence, murder, sexual assault, animal abuse, etc. that someone might not be comfortable watching

Watching Neighbours and the token trans character is debating sleeping with her boyfriend and she mentioned "CIS fantasy" :mad: :mad: :mad:
Was this supposed to suggest that only "cis" people have sex? That sounds a bit transphobic to me ...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
It's annoying that 'sex work' is viewed as an entire single category, with absolutely no differentiation between someone posting the odd photo on OnlyFans or doing text-only financial dominatrix work, versus someone engaged in street prostitution who could be killed by a client/pimp at any moment. Nope - sex work is work, no ifs, ands or buts.

I have been really looking forward to going to see LNIS as well, and now I'm even more keen to support it.

Reactions: 7
I just caught the end of Jeremy Vine and the phone in was how people were asking for paid leave to welcome a new puppy. One of the callers just said so many people are utterly entitled, have no idea of taking personal responsibility and get upset over the smallest thing. That reminded me of some of these TRAs. Some of them expect us to fund their life, have sex with them and applaud them just for playing fancy dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just caught the end of Jeremy Vine and the phone in was how people were asking for paid leave to welcome a new puppy. One of the callers just said so many people are utterly entitled, have no idea of taking personal responsibility and get upset over the smallest thing. That reminded me of some of these TRAs. Some of them expect us to fund their life, have sex with them and applaud them just for playing fancy dress.
I wish I could have leave for my cats :ROFLMAO:I like the jeremy vine show, it is the only mainstream show I have seen that talked any sense about the whole trans issue, owen jones aside obviously

• Wow
Talk about thinking the world revolves around you!
What Harry Styles does is actually challenge gender stereotypes, Billy Porter just reinforces them
Not to mention he's clearly never heard of David Bowie, Boy George, etc etc

• Wow
What Harry Styles does is actually challenge gender stereotypes, Billy Porter just reinforces them

These men, honestly. Imagine your life's biggest challenge being "accepted" wearing a dress. duck off 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I mean remember david beckham posed in a sarong about 15 years ago as well, none of this is at all new

Reactions: 20
I wish I could have leave for my cats :ROFLMAO:I like the jeremy vine show, it is the only mainstream show I have seen that talked any sense about the whole trans issue, owen jones aside obviously
What day was this!? Any time I’ve seen it mentioned on JV, he is utterly rude and dismissive of anybody that doesn’t agree with him that TWAW and to be kind, and interrupts and cuts off their calls even if they are in the middle of speaking! And I know it’s not exactly the same but that’s the whole reason Matthew Wright lost the show!

Reactions: 2
What day was this!? Any time I’ve seen it mentioned on JV, he is utterly rude and dismissive of anybody that doesn’t agree with him that TWAW and to be kind, and interrupts and cuts off their calls even if they are in the middle of speaking! And I know it’s not exactly the same but that’s the whole reason Matthew Wright lost the show!
I only see it once/twice a week so have only seen trans issues mentioned once. It was either last week or the week before I think, I posted about it here, Jeremy ( who i don't like as a person) made the point about women being justified feeling they want their own spaces or something, will see if I can find the episode. I much preferred the Wright Stuff tbh. I think he just basically goes against whatever is said by anyone on the show, it is a constant "playing devil's advocate" approach which is annoying

Reactions: 1
I can’t bleeping stand Jeremy Vine. Even if he agreed with me on every political point ever - he just makes my skin crawl. So smug and so dim.

I'm sorry but both men look ridiculous

Reactions: 16
I hope this isn’t the end and she takes it further and the people who brought this against her are charged…but I wouldn’t blame her one bit if she just wants the whole thing over with now. Appalling the way this has been dragged out.
The conduct of the female police officer who originally contacted her was a disgrace, hopefully Marion’s lawyers have raised a complaint about that. It was clearly designed to harass her from the outset.

If you think that your life's work and contribution to the world is wearing a dress to the Oscars, you should probably rethink your priorities.

And if non-binary fashion/men being accepted in what's considered "feminine" clothing is important to you, you should be cheering on the fact that someone with a much bigger media and celebrity presence than you is bringing it to the masses on the cover of Vogue.

Reactions: 21

He created the conversation, did he? Riiight...I'm sure Prince would have something to say about that 😂

And why drag Harry Styles into it? I actually think Billy Porter is a great actor but this is weird behaviour.

Reactions: 7
Also is your greatest achievement in life wearing a dress? Just duck off

Kathleen Stock has resigned :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.