Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These trans hetrosexuals would have been much better just being gender non conforming and then looking for another hetrosexual partner that loves them for who they are.

A lesbian is attracted to women, true women, not women with male bodies and play acting personalities. Hetrosexual women are attracted to men - in all shapes and sizes and personalities, but not the ones that are claiming they are women.

What's really sad about the post is the transwomen doesn't seem to know who they are, or have any confidence in their own personality, and seems to be looking for a personality to adopt

You can't ever find love if you're acting at being what you think people want.

Reactions: 9
The post is really sad because the comments are indulging, yet everyone knows - no one wants to stand up and say the emperor has no clothes. Some comments blame heterosexuals for having the biggest dating pool, others are lesbians saying the person in the photo is totally hot (they'd still swipe left though). This state of collusion and delusion is harming everyone.

Reactions: 9
Maybe I'm an awful person but I find it hard to feel sad. Surely the fact that your dating pool will be reduced to the size of a postage stamp is something that should be taken into consideration as part of the risk assessment on whether to transition or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Maybe I'm an awful person but I find it hard to feel sad. Surely the fact that your dating pool will be reduced to the size of a postage stamp is something that should be taken into consideration as part of the risk assessment on whether to transition or not.
I know nothing about Contrapoints, so can't comment on the individual, but I have a lot of compassion for people who get swept up in this. Doctors (particularly in the USA) and social media specifically discourage people who are mentally unwell to think things through. They are often vulnerable and sold a pack of lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh yeah, fair point, it's more directed at the people who are telling everyone that if such and such is not validated/ affirmed/ allowed to transition 'they will literally die'

Reactions: 7
I follow Contrapoints on IG and was really surprised to see this this morning. I wish more people with influence in trans world would be honest about the pitfalls instead of pretending it's rainbows and puppies all the time.

I generally really like Contrapoints even though I don't necessarily agree with her opinions on everything all of the time. She's constantly getting "cancelled" for being honest about the reality of living as a transgender person.

There's a lot of theory online that "Abigail Thorn" (another YouTuber in the same kind of genre who just recently decided they're a trans woman, also used to be best friends with Contrapoints) is the person who sexually assaulted her and is obsessed with her. They're trying to copy her entire video style and it's really cringey. He announced he was trans one day and immediately started calling himself the most famous trans person in the UK even though I'd put money 99% of this thread have never even heard of him. Contrapoints has totally refused to comment or join in the hugbox "stunning and brave" comments which I think says a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I generally really like Contrapoints even though I don't necessarily agree with her opinions on everything all of the time. She's constantly getting "cancelled" for being honest about the reality of living as a transgender person.

There's a lot of theory online that "Abigail Thorn" (another YouTuber in the same kind of genre who just recently decided they're a trans woman, also used to be best friends with Contrapoints) is the person who sexually assaulted her and is obsessed with her. They're trying to copy her entire video style and it's really cringey. He announced he was trans one day and immediately started calling himself the most famous trans person in the UK even though I'd put money 99% of this thread have never even heard of him. Contrapoints has totally refused to comment or join in the hugbox "stunning and brave" comments which I think says a lot.
You can’t scold people into wanting you - that is spot on.

Reactions: 12
I had a look at Contrapoints Instagram and he is definitely more sensible than most.
I recommend the YouTube channel, they do have a few videos around gender and being trans but a lot of the topics they talk about are unrelated and their videos are always really gorgeous to look at and well-researched. Even when I disagree, I still really enjoy them and they're usually quite funny. There's a great one about incels:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
'Even when I disagree, I still really enjoy them'. That sort of thing is music to my ears, I cannot imagine a TRA saying the same thing. As someone once said before part of the reason we're in this mess is because of tribalism and not wanting to have discussions

Reactions: 12
The murder stats nearly always come from transwomen working as prostitutes in Brazil, a population which has an extraordinarily high murder rate regardless of trans status.

Reactions: 21
They just love co-opting things to suit their own agenda. From some of the transwomen murdered in Latin America, eye witness accounts state that some were shot 'indiscriminately' meaning that there was no evidence to show they were murdered because they were trans.

This Twitter thread is doing the rounds
Where are the stats to say trans people are being murdered?!?

The only stats come from a LGBT group which states since 2003( i think) that 11 trans people have been murdered in the UK. In the same time frame around 11/12 trans people have been charged with murder.

As someone below says (or above now) that the majority of trans murders are sadly of sex workers in Brazil and also to a lesser extent in the US. They are more people of colour as obviously in Brazil more people are of colour but also in the US the LGBT community has faced greater criticism from the Black community

Reactions: 6
The BBC may have used her as a source (possibly because many other women are afraid to speak up) but that doesn't negate the many problems with gender ideology. You can be an awful person and still make valid points about trans identified males coercing lesbians into sleeping with them

I can't stand Thorn. It's partly the smugness. The absolute cheek to refer to himself as the 'princess of TERF island' 2 seconds after he came out, when someone like say, India Willoughby is probably far more well known than him.

Reactions: 3
The BBC may have used her as a source (possibly because many other women are afraid to speak up) but that doesn't negate the many problems with gender ideology. You can be an awful person and still make valid points about trans identified males coercing lesbians into sleeping with them
If you don't think it's a problem that someone who's admitted to sexual assaults against women and who writes screeds of hate speech about trans women is used in a BBC article whose whole purpose seems to be to paint trans women as sexual predators - then I'm not sure what to say to you.

Reactions: 3
Well I didn't see any 'screed' in said article. She might be an awful person but it doesn't minimise the point of the article.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.