Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely missing the point that the majority of mass shootings are committed by men. As are the majority of crimes committed by men. Against women. Which is why we are hesitant to let them into our spaces.
don't let facts get in the way of anything though :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
Thanks, I've just bought it. I have that and Trans to read but I dunno if my brain can cope. My stress pile (of which Men Who Hate Women is at the top) gets ever higher.
I've got both of those on my pile as well.

Reactions: 2
Ugh. That Lilith is an Irish TiM and the vile male aggression rolls off him in waves

How many women have attacked TiMs? None that I'm aware of. As usual it's DARVO with them

Reactions: 6
I follow Contrapoints on IG and was really surprised to see this this morning. I wish more people with influence in trans world would be honest about the pitfalls instead of pretending it's rainbows and puppies all the time.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm not fussed about if boys wear skirts or girls wear trousers at school - but I think it should just be an open choice year-round, rather than something done as a one-off 'for equality.'

Reactions: 11
I do think I get where you're coming from. Not that you're attracted to someone purely based on if they can produce offspring but more whether they look like they could. So a gay man would still be evolutionary programmed to be attracted to a 'fertile' looking man in the same way a straight women would be, and vice versa for lesbian women/straight men. It's the same for most conventionally attractive features have some grounding in evolution- eg in women- big boobs, curvy figure, plump lips etc it all stems from youthful and fertile looking = good mate. It doesn't mean we base our lives around it or that you can't find people outside that attractive, its all theory. I would also say that most (not all) men wouldn't be attracted to a dangerously thin women, that 'beauty' standard is something purely pushed onto women by advertising campaigns, magazines and supermodels in the 90s/00s. In the same way I definitely see how a man taking hormones to 'be' a women would be unattractive from an evolutionary point of view as it's clear they can't bear/produce children and that would be a red flag deep in our lizard brain, but again that doesn't mean no one is attracted to trans people, again it's all personal preference and a load of theory's that are virtually impossible to prove for certain either way.
Yes, you explained it much better than me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I follow Contrapoints on IG and was really surprised to see this this morning. I wish more people with influence in trans world would be honest about the pitfalls instead of pretending it's rainbows and puppies all the time.

That's actually really sad. What a lonely life. Unfortunately that's the way it's going to be for a lot of these TW and no amount of screaming is going to change someone's preferences.

Reactions: 16
I don't know who this person is who is calling for trans women to be killed, I have never seen it myself - but what an interesting response if there's one person saying that, contrasted with the sheer number of TRAs calling for sexual violence/general violence of GC/radical feminist women? For the avoidance of doubt I do not consider violence or the threat of it towards anyone at all to be acceptable, but if they hate the threat of violence so much perhaps they should look inwards.
The issue is that Cade was quoted as a source in the BBC article, when the slightest bit of background research should have disqualified her on the basis of both her actions (perpetrator of sexual assaults) and her words (legitimate hate speech).

Reactions: 8

That is sad - and sadness is something that can be dealt with more sympathetically by other people than the rage many other people exhibit. To be scientific (and not misgender to offend) is this a heterosexual male person who also enjoyed feeling feminine (so maybe gay) but then was persuaded or convinced that they should try and be a ‘real’ woman without realising that was not possible and relationships with lesbians would not work.
A relationship as a feminine man with a woman who liked that (I’m certain they exist) could have been an option if medicalisation was not put forward at every opportunity rather than therapy and another way.
I don’t know the extent of the body dysphoria in this case - but the outcome is sad.
But lots of women (and men) are alone, and not by choice - some are left, some are abused, some are not socially adept. Some are happy and content.

That is sad - and sadness is something that can be dealt with more sympathetically by other people than the rage many other people exhibit. To be scientific (and not misgender to offend) is this a heterosexual male person who also enjoyed feeling feminine (so maybe gay) but then was persuaded or convinced that they should try and be a ‘real’ woman without realising that was not possible and relationships with lesbians would not work.
A relationship as a feminine man with a woman who liked that (I’m certain they exist) could have been an option if medicalisation was not put forward at every opportunity rather than therapy and another way.
I don’t know the extent of the body dysphoria in this case - but the outcome is sad.
But lots of women (and men) are alone, and not by choice - some are left, some are abused, some are not socially adept. Some are happy and content.
I went to school with a very camp and effeminate lad and he was very vocal about the fact he wasn't gay. He would take any opportunity to put a dress on etc. So naturally we all thought he was gay and protesting was just his was of protecting himself or whatever.

He is now happily married (to a woman) with 2 kids. To my knowledge he doesn't wear womens clothes any more and the campness has certainly dialled down. But at no point did anyone try to tell him he must be a woman, it was just a phase and he grew out of it. I'm sure if he was born 20 or 30 years later than he had been he would have been pushed to transition.

Last edited:
I’d have been bloody livid if my kids’ school had sent this home.
Really shows how women are seen as just a bit of skirt! .. why not have women's week where the focus is on inspirational women from history. Women business owners come in to give talks. We all sit and have a big think about what the SAHM/ caregivers are contributing towards society with almost no appreciation or recognition. We go through newspapers and circle all of the hypocrisies between articles about men vs articles about women. Need I go on? Nah just whack a skirt on and we're all equal and men suddenly respect us.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Men wear kilts in Scotland - equality is not based on what one wears so I think it’s a pointless bit of virtue signalling by that school.

Reactions: 12
Men wear kilts in Scotland - equality is not based on what one wears so I think it’s a pointless bit of virtue signalling by that school.
Can't be bothered to click on daily mail article, but seeing I have only boys, I'd struggle to find a skirt for them to wear for a day. Pointless nonsense. Let any child wear whatever they like from the school uniform range.

Reactions: 5
Can't be bothered to click on daily mail article, but seeing I have only boys, I'd struggle to find a skirt for them to wear for a day. Pointless nonsense. Let any child wear whatever they like from the school uniform range.
Agree. It would be seen like a dress up day, like Halloween. Completely pointless and misses the mark entirely.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.