Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For what it’s worth I think you did the perfect thing for your child. And you did affirm his feelings about feeling wrong and how puberty makes everyone uncomfortable with changes happening to them.
I agree with most of what you have said, except for this:
" Biologically, we are wired to want to have sex with people who can procreate. This is deep inside of us ,outside rational thinking, so even if you don't want kids yourself, I think your reptilian brain may still be attracted to people who look virile or fertile to you."
if this were always the case surely no one would be lesbian or gay? and straight men wouldn't be attracted to really thin women who have lost their periods, for example?
Anyway otherwise yes, I totally agree about the fatphobic thing, that whole "movement" is insane at this point (and I say this as someone who is fat)
Yes, fair enough about homosexuality. And it's just a theory. I've half-listened to a podcast on evolutionary biology and that's where some of this clearly half-baked theory comes from. I do think we are animals though and if we have a 'purpose' it's to procreate. I don't think that invalidates anyone who doesn't want to procreate, or who is gay.

Reactions: 9
Yes, fair enough about homosexuality. And it's just a theory. I've half-listened to a podcast on evolutionary biology and that's where some of this clearly half-baked theory comes from. I do think we are animals though and if we have a 'purpose' it's to procreate. I don't think that invalidates anyone who doesn't want to procreate, or who is gay.
I do think I get where you're coming from. Not that you're attracted to someone purely based on if they can produce offspring but more whether they look like they could. So a gay man would still be evolutionary programmed to be attracted to a 'fertile' looking man in the same way a straight women would be, and vice versa for lesbian women/straight men. It's the same for most conventionally attractive features have some grounding in evolution- eg in women- big boobs, curvy figure, plump lips etc it all stems from youthful and fertile looking = good mate. It doesn't mean we base our lives around it or that you can't find people outside that attractive, its all theory. I would also say that most (not all) men wouldn't be attracted to a dangerously thin women, that 'beauty' standard is something purely pushed onto women by advertising campaigns, magazines and supermodels in the 90s/00s. In the same way I definitely see how a man taking hormones to 'be' a women would be unattractive from an evolutionary point of view as it's clear they can't bear/produce children and that would be a red flag deep in our lizard brain, but again that doesn't mean no one is attracted to trans people, again it's all personal preference and a load of theory's that are virtually impossible to prove for certain either way.

Reactions: 9
Oh the cognitive dissonance… stop forcing children to feel they need to CHANGE SEX if they don’t ascribe to traditional gender roles. True Gender dysphoria is a real, though rare problem for which transitioning can be the only real “cure”.

however your kid not wanting to wear skirts and climb trees instead doesn’t mean she needs a mastectomy at 17/18!!

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I don't understand how these people can't realise 'if you like A then you are a girl' is the same as 'if you are a girl then you must like A'

Reactions: 12
Oh the cognitive dissonance… stop forcing children to feel they need to CHANGE SEX if they don’t ascribe to traditional gender roles. True Gender dysphoria is a real, though rare problem for which transitioning can be the only real “cure”.

however your kid not wanting to wear skirts and climb trees instead doesn’t mean she needs a mastectomy at 17/18!!
We really are living in the bleeping twilight zone aren't we? They'll be telling us up is down next.

Reactions: 7
I don't think the attraction thing is even that complex, if you fancy men, then you'll be looking for a cock and balls, not a fanny. It's also male hormones that will attract you. If you fancy women you'll be attracted to feremomes and fanny.

Trans people don't give off the right sex hormones and don't have the correct junk. So it's really hard to be instinctively attracted to them.

To be with a trans person your either gonna love the person and so be prepared to look past it, or have a thing for trans people (I don't wanna say fetish as I think that's rude to trans people but you know what I mean)

Reactions: 11
I don't think the attraction thing is even that complex, if you fancy men, then you'll be looking for a cock and balls, not a fanny. It's also male hormones that will attract you. If you fancy women you'll be attracted to feremomes and fanny.

Trans people don't give off the right sex hormones and don't have the correct junk. So it's really hard to be instinctively attracted to them.

To be with a trans person your either gonna love the person and so be prepared to look past it, or have a thing for trans people (I don't wanna say fetish as I think that's rude to trans people but you know what I mean)
As someone who has had relationships with both men and women, I know 100% that in a relationship, I want someone with a dick. Women are generally better in bed if you want endless orgasms, but there's none of the "I want to climb you like a tree and bang your brains out" ooomph that I get with a man. And I have tried it all 😂.

• Haha

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Completely missing the point that the majority of mass shootings are committed by men. As are the majority of crimes committed by men. Against women. Which is why we are hesitant to let them into our spaces.
Spot on.

Incidentally, I was once on their side because men are a threat to them, until they started blaming women for their oppression. We're easier targets than the blokes who would physically harm them though.

Reactions: 11
TRAs are actually bananas. When that trans PhD student posted a literal gun saying they were going on a TERF hunt or something they were all saying it was a ‘joke’, now there’s one loony saying she wants to kill trans people and they’re fearing a mass attack? The double standards are unreal. This Lily person stands out precisely because it’s not common at all to threaten trans people with murder (and rightly so) why aren’t they concerned about their own community threatening women with rape and murder daily? I’m sorry but I find it difficult to care or sympathise.

Reactions: 18
The TRA are so angry at women and TIMs are just as likely to be violent as any other male. So it's far more likely they will be a mass shooting of feminist by a TRA.

Seeing how it's kicked off in the past, I'm actually scared a trans person is going to attend a feminist event and do something horrific. So many of them appear unhinged as well.

Reactions: 13
This is the difference with any other online online forum I have been on, difference of opinion but it is discussed reasonably. Had we been on twitter I assume we would have just shouted at each other using random abbreviations and insults :ROFLMAO:
I do agree about that to an extent, of course there has to be a biological reason for things like this but I think there are lots of other things at play when it comes to attraction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.