Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help me please?
I've seen a #standyourground going around on Twitter in support of men in women's places.
Is this in support of women? I know I'm being naive, but am guessing it isn't?
Is this actually happening?

Can anyone help me please?
I've seen a #standyourground going around on Twitter in support of men in women's places.
Is this in support of women? I know I'm being naive, but am guessing it isn't?
Is this actually happening?
I’m with you. I don’t know, but it sure sounds like it’s about supporting men in women’s spaces.

Ok, having searched, I think it’s related to a load of US anti-vax nut jobs.

Reactions: 2
The whole dead naming thing is clearly a BIG ISSUE because it is a constant reminder of their true biological sex. The fact its called dead naming is bleeping absurd. Its their birth name, FFS.

Reactions: 15
[/SPOILER]er: 238596"]
The whole dead naming thing is clearly a BIG ISSUE because it is a constant reminder of their true biological sex. The fact its called dead naming is bleeping absurd. Its their birth name, FFS.
I find the term "dead naming" deeply offensive and upsetting, to be honest it was the first thing that made me question the whole liberal left trans rights narrative given how "words can be literal violence". CW: bereavement

I have a dead child, when I hear her name the emotions are very complicated. I find it hard to say sometimes, but I also hate it when it feels like other people are avoiding mentioning her? That doesn't make sense, but grief doesn't have to make sense. The "dead naming" narrative simultaneously acknowledges that someone has been lost but refuses parents part of a normal mourning process.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I'm so sorry 😞

That's the problem with this type of human. And a lot of the generation coming up (saying that made me feel old lol) they are just so deep in their feelings they don't look past themselves. It's all about what triggers them with no consideration for what may upset someone who isn't in the trans narrative bubble. They think they can police our language to protect their feelings but if we say, well actually that's hurtful for me for genuine reasons "TRANSPHOBE"

Reactions: 14
I find the term "dead naming" deeply offensive and upsetting, to be honest it was the first thing that made me question the whole liberal left trans rights narrative given how "words can be literal violence". CW: bereavement

I have a dead child, when I hear her name the emotions are very complicated. I find it hard to say sometimes, but I also hate it when it feels like other people are avoiding mentioning her? That doesn't make sense, but grief doesn't have to make sense. The "dead naming" narrative simultaneously acknowledges that someone has been lost but refuses parents part of a normal mourning process.
I'm so sorry for your loss ❤

Reactions: 10

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a friend in the same position as you. She said to me 'Don't NOT mention him to me because you think it'll bring stuff up for me. I never not think of him anyway.' It made a lot of sense to me and I was glad she felt able to tell me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That has made my sick to my stomach. I'm glad he's getting pushback in his replies.

This reply is spot on

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Sure the men just need to say they're women now and get to flash away in changing rooms\ toilets, and counter complain about the woman being a transphobe. Woman then gets dragged for complaining. duck this world

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.