Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are definitely in big trouble when our esteemed deputy PM, Dominic Raab thinks misogyny is something a woman can direct at a man. bleeping hell. Great comment about him I saw on twitter that describes him so, so well -

"It's as if someone transformed a not very nice, not very bright dog into a human and then put a suit on it."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/h...t-discrimination-in-health-and-care-services/ going by this (though only for England) it's by sex unless they have a GRC

MN had a thread a few years back title ' Any evidence of assaults etc on women-only hospital wards? ' with examples that I stopped reading as it was just depressing me

I tried searching what the case is at private hospitals but nothing so far and the insurance is outta reach for most :/

And one from a trans woman - https://thecritic.co.uk/no-exceptions-for-single-sex-wards/

Bottom line is a proper bleeping debate and if the Torys can't do there not a bleeping chance any other party will do

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
My name is common though, everyone knows at least someone with my name even if it’s a different spelling.

I’d understand if my name was something super rare and a weird spelling that was identical to their old name.
Choosing to ditch a name is their decision they've made, therefore, the first name had to exist in order for them to ditch it, so why are they surprised when someone also might have that name? Their feelings around the name shouldn't impact upon everyone else with that name.

If we ever get invaded by space aliens from far way galaxies, I can see them doing a "Homer Simpson" retreat..

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not sure if someone has posted this
It’s actually amazing to see someone support JK. What he said about being mad as tit if he was a woman (about Caitlin Jenner winning woman of the year) is bang on. We are mad about it! It was ludicrous and a complete slap in the face to all women.

Reactions: 28
Not sure if someone has posted this
"Women see transwomen the way black people see black face"

This 100% how after a long long history of female oppression is it not the same. How? Women have historically been beaten, used as slaves, objects, given no rights and so on by men. How is it not the same as blackface?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We are definitely in big trouble when our esteemed deputy PM, Dominic Raab thinks misogyny is something a woman can direct at a man. bleeping hell. Great comment about him I saw on twitter that describes him so, so well -

"It's as if someone transformed a not very nice, not very bright dog into a human and then put a suit on it."
I'm so mad at him, misogyny can never be directed at a man, the clue is the word misoGYNy, ffs. Politicians get in the bin.

Reactions: 15
This is quite long, but worth the read - how the LGB got pushed out by the T.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Imagine men having a baby? The majority of them do be thinking they’ve come down with plague when they catch as much as a cold.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sorry to derail but I saw this on twitter and I was chilled to the bone reading the comment on this persons thread… in what situations would a male need to be “100% stealth”
Stealthing is rape. Having sex under false pretences is sexual assault.

Also the guys who are calling you a perfect woman are fetishists and closeted gay men. Don’t be too proud cause we all know they wouldn’t hold your hand in the street or call you your their girlfriend, love.

Reactions: 22
Re: having men on hospital wards (I don’t mean trans people who have had the operation) I would find it very difficult to speak up or say anything to the nurses/doctors. I’ve had terrible experiences with the NHS and I wouldn’t feel confident that they would support me in this.

Sorry to derail but I saw this on twitter and I was chilled to the bone reading the comment on this persons thread… in what situations would a male need to be “100% stealth”
What’s a packer/stp device

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.