Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just saying that to someone else, imagine a colleague actually being supportive of a harassment campaign against you and tweeting about it? It's just beyond

Reactions: 16
It's awful. And why I stay quiet cause I couldn't handle the backlash. It's bullying, and I bet so many people are also feeling the same but too scared to speak out incase they are the next target.

Reactions: 10
It’s got to stop somewhere. It goes against everything we’ve ever fought for with free speech but also, the power TRAs have now to harass and bully is frightening because everyone is so petrified of being accused of being transphobic. It’s utter madness and just so WRONG.

God knows what they would do if they knew what the majority of actual women are thinking but not actually saying. Every single female in my life feels the same way we all do. But wouldn’t dare say it out loud for fear of this kind of bullying and harassment or possibly losing their job. We are not hateful people, far from it!!

Reactions: 20
Sorry to keep going on about it but I find it absolutely vile that this man obviously thinks hes the white knight of feminism while hes trying to get a female colleague sacked. It's like I said the other day, the number of men who won't ever talk about feminism unless it's about transwomen is astounding. At no point does it cross their stupid tiny brains 'hey, this feminism I'm advocating for means women will lose their jobs - maybe that's not very feminist?' I hate it.

Reactions: 30
If anything this is proof that they don't have any interest in healthy debate or 'both sides'- the fact that they've started a harassment campaign against someone who actually has moderate beliefs says it all. They are authoritarian bullies

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Very much so...

No idea what's going on in this thread just now 🧐 but I dated a few older men when I was very young, 19-21 kind of age, and only in recent years did I realise that they had no business being near me. I wish my parents stepped in and had a word, although no I probably wouldn't have listened to them. I might have been an adult in the eyes of the law, but that didn't really make it any better.
I was 18 and had some regrettable snogs and fumbles with a bloke in his mid 30s. Fortunately it didn’t go further than that although he tried to get me to. Always felt gross and ashamed but it was him who was the creep. I was barely out of school.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was 18 and had some regrettable snogs and fumbles with a bloke in his mid 30s. Fortunately it didn’t go further than that although he tried to get me to. Always felt gross and ashamed but it was him who was the creep. I was barely out of school.
quite off topic but I have always found the thing of dressing up in school uniform so weird and quite creepy, I remember going to uni when most people have only recently stopped wearing unifrom every day to going on nights out dressed as "schoolgirls"

Reactions: 16
The whole ‘never existed’ thing with trans people plays on my mind sometimes. I’ve looked on a few insta accounts of fairly young trans people (in their 20s) and they make it very clear they do not want their previous name ever uttered (deadnamed), and won’t look at old photos, that the person before didn’t exist. It makes me think of my son, who’s still a little boy but the thought of him one day saying he’s a trans women and never wants to speak about his childhood is devastating. Like it would have all been for nothing. All the memories and the love. I have no reason to believe he ever will want to change his gender by the way, so I’m worrying over nothing 😆 I’d like to think I’d support him no matter what but calling him a different name than the one I gave him or saying ‘she/her’ when talking about the past would honestly break me.

Ps - sorry for this rambling, I’m sure those of us with young kids right now are all a bit apprehensive about our kids futures and the trans thing is a pretty big one.
I think we are fortunate our children will not have this because the backlash is building and the medical lawsuits are going to happen. They will find something else to rebel about but hopefully not this. People with teenagers now I would worry so much.

About the dead name topic - on tiktok I commented on something and someone had to mention how my name is their dead name and how I nearly gave them a panic attack, like what? My name is pretty common - like is everyone with my name gonna kill you?
Ha - I was at work and my maiden name is the same as someone else’s old married name (we have same first name) so it freaked her out when I emailed her.
But we just laughed about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hope this works - Kathryn’s colleague has posted the same message on Instagram. He has locked his twitter

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I think we are fortunate our children will not have this because the backlash is building and the medical lawsuits are going to happen. They will find something else to rebel about but hopefully not this. People with teenagers now I would worry so much.

Ha - I was at work and my maiden name is the same as someone else’s old married name (we have same first name) so it freaked her out when I emailed her.
I have 2 teenagers. I'm terrified for them. As a teen mum my biggest worry when they were younger was teenage pregnancy, now I'm worried they are going to sterilise and mutilate themselves.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
If you ‘fear litigation’ that should be a big sign to you that what you’re doing and saying is wrong.

Reactions: 17

I have a teenage son and we talk about this all quite regularly now. It seems to be a minority of kids at his school who are sucked into this. They are predominantly girls and from the ones I know, they are not the 'cool' girls. They are just a bit nerdy or a bit socially awkward and quite earnest. He's 14, so the girls I know personally are also 13 - 14. It's quite horrible to see. I know three parents now who are dealing with this at home (was just two until very recently). One single mum I don't know very well seems to just be incredibly supportive of everything her daughter does. I have no idea if she really believes all of it or if she just wants to keep the peace. I sometimes wonder what she must feel like (the mum).

My son and his friends all just find it either annoying/bewildering/not interesting/not relevant or a combination thereof. They are all into science though and my son has often said that he's happy to use preferred pronouns but that he understands that no one can change sex. He finds the seahorse/clownfish stuff laughable and can explain much better than me why it's so irrelevant to humans.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He should be fired. End of. That is harassment of a colleague.
I hope if she ends up being fired he will be the next to be attacked by the rabid mob for some other opinion they don;t agree with

Reactions: 7
Catching up on Kathleen Stock - it's only a matter of time until a woman is attacked or worse by these nut jobs.

I'm genuinely scared for her after reading the statement. Shame on Sussex Uni. They need to act now and sort out this bleeping mess.

Catching up on Kathleen Stock - it's only a matter of time until a woman is attacked or worse by these nut jobs.

I'm genuinely scared for her after reading the statement. Shame on Sussex Uni. They need to act now and sort out this bleeping mess.

and when someone like her is attacked there will be the immediate reaction of "but we have to remember trans women are attacked much more..."

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

When you consider that guy with the gun from Brunel, then its hard not to feel that way.

I'm sure I've said it on one of these threads before but I'm honestly worried this ideology is heading towards a high profile murder similar to what happened to Jo Cox. I'm honestly worried for any high profile GC feminist

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
For those on Instagram, it's worth reporting the Sussex student profile as harassment. I've just done it. Also don't click on any of the stories as they will see your username.

and when someone like her is attacked there will be the immediate reaction of "but we have to remember trans women are attacked much more..."
Yeah, guess they mean the 11 trans women who were murdered in the UK last year 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.