Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The nuns in those homes were evil. This was their own choice and character. Many nuns have been absolute scum of the earth.

You can’t excuse them of their crimes against women and children by saying men made them do it. Most of the time they did not, and if you know anything about the Magdalene Laundries you will know that many of the nuns did many things claiming they had been ordered to do so when they had not, and also many of them thoroughly enjoyed the sadistic abuse they carried out.
A colleague of mine attended Covent school, she was still a devout catholic but had no time for nuns. “Dried up old witches” was her description.

Reactions: 3
Ffs, if it’s their ‘deadname’ why would they even bring that up 🙄 it’s not like the name itself is dead and everyone with that name has also died 🤣🤣 just all attention seeking imo.

Has anyone seen the actor Tommy Dorfman on insta? Recently come out as a trans woman. Very masculine looking and very OTT with the feminine thing. Seems to still be going by Tommy though. I just find it so hard to grasp. Like, yes dress how you like but why do you have to say you are a woman? Make up and floaty skirts are not what make you a women. I haven’t worn a skirt or heels in years and hardly ever wear make up, guess what? Still very much a women.
Has anyone in the public eye who has transitioned to being a female dressed as a tomboy? I just find it odd that every trans woman I see in social media etc is very ott with feminine aspects. I don’t know it’s that’s a part of being transgender or if social media is making this bigger than what other trans women actually wear

Wow we're really failing kids if seeing a name sends them into a meltdown. How on earth are they going to get through life?
I think lots of people have a name that they have bad associations with, like an ex partner or a neglectful parent. But I’m my experience most people just skip over it or just take a moment to shudder and get back to it. Being really caught up and upset over a name is quite scary - how will they cope with life especially if it’s a really common name?

Reactions: 7
Labour are busy arguing about who has a cervix and who doesn't, and the Tories don't seem to know what misogyny is, let alone do anything about it.

Dominic Raab claims that "criminalising insulting language even if it is misogynistic doesn't deal with the intimidation, the violence and the much higher level of offence and damage and harm that we really ought to be laser-like focused in on" - but men aren't becoming violent towards women overnight. You can't just say "hey guys, stop murdering women", you need to actually address the root cause. It's years of habits and learned behaviour that starts with small insults, "locker room talk", casual objectification (rape culture pyramid) and it escalates.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Has anyone in the public eye who has transitioned to being a female dressed as a tomboy? I just find it odd that every trans woman I see in social media etc is very ott with feminine aspects. I don’t know it’s that’s a part of being transgender or if social media is making this bigger than what other trans women actually wear
The only one I can think of is the comedian Bethany Black

Reactions: 1
One of the saddest things about the suicide narrative is that it's a world away from what we used to tell people struggling with sexuality. The message was: It Gets Better (from the project set up by Dan Savage and Terry Miller). How did we go from telling LGB people - hang in there, there is hope, it will get better, to the TRAs: "If we do not affirm these people immediately, they will die."

(I've struggled with suicidal ideation in the past, as well as being on the other side with ex-boyfriends threatening to do it after a break up. I really don't take it lightly, and to see it being thrown around as a weapon to shut people up is gross.)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Someone I know shared this. For all I know this woman might be an awful professor and a vile person, but all I can see them complaining about is that she supports women only spaces, is against gender self ID and supports the LGB alliance, so therefore should lose her job?! Tell me you hate woman who stand up for their rights without telling me you hate woman who stand up for their rights 🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Someone I know shared this. For all I know this woman might be an awful professor and a vile person, but all I can see them complaining about is that she supports women only spaces, is against gender self ID and supports the LGB alliance, so therefore should lose her job?! Tell me you hate woman who stand up for their rights without telling me you hate woman who stand up for their rights 🙄🙄🙄
I find Kathleen Stock very eloquent and her positions are well-thought out and well-argued. People can of course disagree with her, but when did we start to get everyone fired over having a different opinion? What violence has KS committed? Who has she actually harmed?

Reactions: 16
NHS ‘gaslighting’ patients over trans women on female-only wards
Archive link

She added: “These are real-world concerns. In one mental health trust, a male who identifies as a woman was placed on a female ward with observation. This patient complained that the observation was discriminatory, and it was removed.
“The patient went on to sexually assault two women patients. The same patient was placed on a female ward on a subsequent admission, and each time assaulted women. Staff concerns were ignored.”

But, "both sides" 🥴

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Kathleen Stock has actually come under criticism from GC feminists for sometimes being too 'fence sitter' about gender ideology so it just shows that no matter how nuanced someone tries to be or if they try to see 'both sides', it doesnt matter- the TRAs will still come for you in the end. They want full and total adoration

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Has anyone seen the actor Tommy Dorfman on insta? Recently come out as a trans woman. Very masculine looking and very OTT with the feminine thing. Seems to still be going by Tommy though. I just find it so hard to grasp. Like, yes dress how you like but why do you have to say you are a woman? Make up and floaty skirts are not what make you a women. I haven’t worn a skirt or heels in years and hardly ever wear make up, guess what? Still very much a women.
He said when he came out that he was named after a dead relative and so wasn’t going to give up his name.

In reality I suspect it’s more to do with retaining the fame that’s attached to the name 🤷‍♀️

I remember a musician coming out as a trans woman and also deciding to keep their very male name (think it was Gavin?) and, again, I thought huh… you’re very keen to throw off your maleness but not so keen to throw away your male name and all the recognition and privilege that gets you.

Reactions: 13
Archive link

She added: “These are real-world concerns. In one mental health trust, a male who identifies as a woman was placed on a female ward with observation. This patient complained that the observation was discriminatory, and it was removed.
“The patient went on to sexually assault two women patients. The same patient was placed on a female ward on a subsequent admission, and each time assaulted women. Staff concerns were ignored.”

But, "both sides" 🥴
There's something about being sexually assaulted in a hospital that I find so repugnant it's visceral...if you can't consider yourself safe in a hospital I really despair.
I'm doing some work with an NHS Trust at the moment and it's doing my head in, pronouns on ID badges plus the yellow pronoun one too, announcing pronouns at the start of a meeting, the other day they were talking about some 'brilliant transgender training' sessions outsourced to a private company using public funds. Can't believe how captured medical professionals are...you have a science degree???

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The whole ‘never existed’ thing with trans people plays on my mind sometimes. I’ve looked on a few insta accounts of fairly young trans people (in their 20s) and they make it very clear they do not want their previous name ever uttered (deadnamed), and won’t look at old photos, that the person before didn’t exist. It makes me think of my son, who’s still a little boy but the thought of him one day saying he’s a trans women and never wants to speak about his childhood is devastating. Like it would have all been for nothing. All the memories and the love. I have no reason to believe he ever will want to change his gender by the way, so I’m worrying over nothing 😆 I’d like to think I’d support him no matter what but calling him a different name than the one I gave him or saying ‘she/her’ when talking about the past would honestly break me.

Ps - sorry for this rambling, I’m sure those of us with young kids right now are all a bit apprehensive about our kids futures and the trans thing is a pretty big one.
This is something that bothers me as well. I actually think it’s really short sighted and selfish of these people to want to erase their entire lives before transitioning, like it or not your life doesn’t just involve you and yourself. It’s intertwined with other people’s lives. Your ‘former self’ will always exist in same shape or form. I have loads of pics of my kids over the years and I treasure those memories, I’d be devastated if they said I shouldn’t look at them anymore or talk about happy childhood memories because they no longer id that way.

I didn’t carry you for 9 months, give birth and spend the best part of 2 decades raising you for you to turn around and go “that person doesn’t exist anymore, that person never existed in the first place”. It’s insulting.

Like fine, transition all you want but you don’t get to erase all those years I put into raising you and I’m not going to just forget it all, soz but that’s reality.

• Heart
It's been inclusion week at work and, to me, that means be polite to everyone and consider how your actions affect others (amongst other things of course). The 'takeaways' (how I hate that term) we have been given were 'don't call anyone ladies and gentleman or guys' , pressure to use pronouns and encouraging us to show outrage at how disgusting it was that Laurel Hubbard was criticised for competing as a woman at the Olympics. It undermines women's status, security and rights and, in my opinion, does nothing at all for LGBT equality. It's a bloody farce.

• Angry
  • Sick
There's something very disturbing about it: people in hospitals are often frightened, unwell and/or disoriented due to medication etc. There is already a power imbalance between healthcare professionals and patients, and yet, female patients are not being advocated for by those looking after them: instead, they are exposed to the rainbow lanyard and a Hello My Name Is Zir/Them badge. Complain about it and get called a transphobe, with a slapped wrist and letter from the hospital. It's a morally repugnant form of medical gaslighting and I hope the women who have been assaulted are suing the shirts off the respective Trusts.

It will take years, if not decades to undo the damage Stonewall has done on this.

• Angry
Reactions: 20
Archive link

But, "both sides" 🥴

Who cares? Sorry, but women are there to be assaulted. They were probably asking for it and being disrespectful to our stunning, brave sisters who are the most DISENFRANCHISED and VULNERABLE group on earth. Women are there to be hated and reviled, oh, whilst also bringing life into the world and wearing pretty dresses.

This tit can get in the bleeping BIN. I'm getting to the point where I'm gearing up to a massive facebook rant which will probably result in me getting a perma ban and losing all my friends. Getting past the point of caring tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When I was thinking of the public toilet and gyms etc, I at least thought well I can avoid the place, not drink at gigs, come and go in my gym gear, have my partner stand outside.

But the hospitals, I had to come offline for a while as it caused me to stress thinking about the times being in hospital at the most vulnerable and nurses only passing checks, when getting admitted gonna need to demand that no one on the ward has a record of sexual offences. Those women better sue the trusts and the weak shits personally in the hospital that allowed that to happen :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.