Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for new fred. I have to admit, I am totally confused by the whole gender "debate" except that TRA/MRA want to muscle in on women's spaces, and I'm not prepared to give that up for menz feelz.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for the new thread.

I still can't get my head round the dog thing Ive got visions of him trying to mate two female dogs because one has a blue collar on, and he's wondering why the one with the pink collar isn't getting pregnant.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
And now I'm listening to a news report about the Magdalene Laundries in Northern Ireland... there really is no end to man's inhumanity to women is there?

• Sad
Well, 'individuals' is a marginal improvement on 'bodies' I suppose. Although given a transwoman can have 'receptive vaginal sex' if they've had the required surgery, I don't think that means what they actually want it to mean.

Receptive vaginal sex.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I had a day at work recently meeting the entire organisation. One woman had a bright yellow ‘she/her’ badge on her lanyard?!? The fact she was a woman gave it away for me.

If LGB activists started pressurising the world to state their sexual orientation after saying your hellos, or religious zealots made us state our beliefs in emails and on badges, the world would be going batshit. No other group has had this effect on workspaces like this.

I saw a similar workplace to my own online this week and thought, ‘Oh wow, seems great there, wouldn’t mind working for them one day’… two seconds later, saw a team intro page and everyone had pronouns (all him or her) after their names. Will not be applying for that, EVER. Imagine if you said no somewhere like that!

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Well, 'individuals' is a marginal improvement on 'bodies' I suppose. Although given a transwoman can have 'receptive vaginal sex' if they've had the required surgery, I don't think that means what they actually want it to mean.

View attachment 796240
So basically they've approved a drug for men, as usual, as its always men first in health care. Then dismissed women again in the write up by reducing us to sexual objects.......
But yes fully transitioned transwomen count under that name too, well done.

Also don't all mammals count under that? Are they testing it for all mammals that have receptive vaginal sex?

Or when they say "receptive vaginal sex" do they mean all who participate, so people with penises too? I mean it's so open to interpretation, language matters!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I had a day at work recently meeting the entire organisation. One woman had a bright yellow ‘she/her’ badge on her lanyard?!? The fact she was a woman gave it away for me.

If LGB activists started pressurising the world to state their sexual orientation after saying your hellos, or religious zealots made us state our beliefs in emails and on badges, the world would be going batshit. No other group has had this effect on workspaces like this.

I saw a similar workplace to my own online this week and thought, ‘Oh wow, seems great there, wouldn’t mind working for them one day’… two seconds later, saw a team intro page and everyone had pronouns (all him or her) after their names. Will not be applying for that, EVER. Imagine if you said no somewhere like that!
I feel my work may be headed in that direction at some point soon, with some new senior management that I can tell are all for that. I will refuse if they ask me, as is my right.

It’s ludicrous to be walking about with your pronouns round your neck, no matter if it’s obvious or not. Sad that we’re at this point now.

Reactions: 9
It's gone from 'there needs to be more women in business' to 'no one will know who women are until they're told!' in a few short years. How is this progress?

Reactions: 22
Don't know if I'll be able to add much to the debate but it's so nice to find a place where people can talk without being attacked. This whole gender thing has tired me so much. Not being able to state the obvious is just pure madness.
I lost a couple of friends because I started sharing LGB content (I'm bisexual and being attacked by the T and the "Q" on a daily basis, what did they expect me to do?), so I obviously turned into a TERF. Goodbye to them!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I’m really weirded out by that one poster in the secret celeb gossip thread.

Reactions: 20
And now I'm listening to a news report about the Magdalene Laundries in Northern Ireland... there really is no end to man's inhumanity to women is there?
The Magdalene Laundries were run by women. Nuns.

Evil has no gender. Where there is unchecked power, women and men are both prone to evil.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The whole LGB alliance thing makes me think of those kids on the playground that were mean to everyone and expected everything their way in games etc then acted like they were being bullied when no one wanted to play with them. Except we are talking about grown ups. What did they expect, hoards of people to go yes you're right, my boundaries mean duck all next to your oppression take me if you wish. Ffs.

And I'm absolutely positive gay men such as matt lucas would not be interested in a trans man. As much as he likes to pretend he's an ally.

Don't know if I'll be able to add much to the debate but it's so nice to find a place where people can talk without being attacked. This whole gender thing has tired me so much. Not being able to state the obvious is just pure madness.
I lost a couple of friends because I started sharing LGB content (I'm bisexual and being attacked by the T and the "Q" on a daily basis, what did they expect me to do?), so I obviously turned into a TERF. Goodbye to them!
My sympathies. I sense that straight people are for the most part ignored (at least sexually) by that crowd due to straight men being a "lost cause".

Reactions: 3
I’m really weirded out by that one poster in the secret celeb gossip thread.
I wonder if the mods will intervene. I know they take a hands off approach on here, which is appreciated in the main, but I am get vibes from this one, and from the other one as well. Although we seem in a minority…..

Reactions: 14
I wonder if the mods will intervene. I know they take a hands off approach on here, which is appreciated in the main, but I am get vibes from this one, and from the other one as well. Although we seem in a minority…..
The other one is fine to me, a bit crude for
my liking but they seem to have calm down the past few days and can seem to have serious discussions.

But I’m getting manic and creepy from the one I was originally talking about.

Reactions: 3
Whenever this subject comes up, online or offline, I tend to express my disinterest bordering on distaste for the whole debate.

The idea that women’s rights and rights of trans people cannot coexist is a ridiculous misnomer. In my view though, that isn’t what either extremes of the debate wants. They want the culture war, because they enjoy it.

They get a buzz from it. It makes them feel important. If I HAD to pick a side it would probably be the GC side because at least they didn’t start it.

Oh, will need to have a look. I enjoy taking online bullies down to Chinatown.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.