Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot stand "assigned female at birth" and the fact that some women are using it to describe themselves.

I wasn't "assigned" anything at birth. My sex is female. I don't know if it's just me but I find it such an odd way of describing someone - a midwife doesn't look at a newborn baby and say right, I'm assigning this one as female. They just simply ARE 🙄

Reactions: 47
Maybe they have a lucky dip thing where if it's blue they assign male or pink female 🙄 but yeah assigned female at birth is nonsense. I saw a TW say "I was wrongly assigned male at birth". Why aren't these doctors/ midwifes being pulled up for medical malpractice if they're 'wrongly' assigning babies. Actually, probably only a matter of time before some deluded trans person tries to sue someone for that

• Sick
Reactions: 19
"I know you've just given birth to this baby, but biology doesn't matter anymore and I feel like they are a better fit for this family over there so I'm assigning this baby to them"

That's about how much sense assigning sex at birth makes, let's just throw all the biology out the window and give in to our feels.

Reactions: 16
But the point is the person who wrote the poem DOES ‘identify’ as a woman. Why are we not allowed to call ourselves what we actually are!! That has maddened me, I can only imagine how it made those menopausal women feel 🤯
I would have said something like ‘some of us are women and this is a poem about them, feel free to write your own poem’

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Reactions: 18
Meanwhile on Twitter... someone is not going to let the facts get in the way of their truth -

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh, FFS. Written by somebody who describes themselves as, wait for it:

Abrosexual/Genderfae/Relationship Anarchist Mixed/Black. Disabled. ADHD/OCD/Dyspraxia/Dyslexia. Bulimia/Depression/Anxiety. Views are mine. Fae/Faer

Need I say more 🤷‍♀️
Wait a second, I’ve seen this person before. Something to do with shady behaviour within the Green Party?

Also, are they black in the same way that Rachel Dolezal is black… because…

Reactions: 10
Why are none of these trans activists people with no conditions and an actual job? They all wear their diagnoses and disabilities like a badge of honour.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh, FFS. Written by somebody who describes themselves as, wait for it:

Abrosexual/Genderfae/Relationship Anarchist Mixed/Black. Disabled. ADHD/OCD/Dyspraxia/Dyslexia. Bulimia/Depression/Anxiety. Views are mine. Fae/Faer

Need I say more 🤷‍♀️
I’m blocked by “Kathryn”

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I'm technically mixed (grandparent) but I look completely white and I'd feel a dick using it to add to an oppression list the way this white man looking creature does. Just very weird.

I really really wish they would at the very least Just separate the LGB from the trans and stop acting like people that aren't comfortable with trans are also homophobic or against gender non conformity, I'm all for both which is one of the main reasons I'm not comfortable with the trans movement.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Every little area of a woman’s life has the potential to be a disadvantage that men just won’t ever understand.
I read about this too. She must be devastated. I know they have to draw a line somewhere but it just seems so unfair.

Reactions: 8
The second is between free speech and hate speech. There's a lot of talk about this on academic Twitter atm. I can't find the link right now, but someone's done a brilliant thread contrasting David Miller (anti-semite academic) with Kathleen Stock and how they're very different (Miller was terminated and rightly so IMO).
I was disappointed to see Raquel Rosario Sanchez of Women Talk Back (the group that was sanctioned for being women only - not trans inclusive) supporting Miller, she retweeted someone who said he was a “principled intellectual“.

Reactions: 2
I had a nosey on Kat Bristow’s page. Just incase you were wondering what abrosexual meant (sure you weren’t but good for a laugh anyway).

It does make you wonder if they are so desperate to be women why do they hate actual women so much? It just makes me think they are hateful, frustrated gay guys who are jealous of women but hate them at the same time. It’s all so weird 🥴

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I had a nosey on Kat Bristow’s page. Just incase you were wondering what abrosexual meant (sure you weren’t but good for a laugh anyway).

It does make you wonder if they are so desperate to be women why do they hate actual women so much? It just makes me think they are hateful, frustrated gay guys who are jealous of women but hate them at the same time. It’s all so weird 🥴
What we used to call in my o level sociology class back in the 70’s a ‘conforming non-conformist’,. Got to be different for the sake of being different, attention seeking hole.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
In my (limited) experience the trans women I have known who were originally gay men are the ones who want to keep their head down and live their lives and be happy. And supported women’s rights. The ones who are now transbians were always straight white privileged men who have never ever been oppressed and now want to make a huge deal about being the most oppressed ever and complaining that lesbians have genital fetishes.

I don’t like to categorise womanhood by fear - but it’s an overwhelming part of many of our experiences - a transwoman seeking a relationship with a man is in far more danger than with a lesbian. And yes I do think some transwomen hate women but it’s not the ones who were gay men, quite the opposite.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.