Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm spending too much time on Twitter - but interesting comments on this thread about declaring pronouns - women seem more inclined to 'be kind' and declare their she/her pronouns, which is viewed as submissive behaviour by some

That was such an interesting take on it!

Reactions: 3
I'm technically mixed (grandparent) but I look completely white and I'd feel a dick using it to add to an oppression list the way this white man looking creature does. Just very weird.
Exactly that. My children are mixed race, but remarkably white passing, and I’m aware that they benefit from white privilege (which feels like a weird thing to say about two young kids who are thankfully oblivious to race issues right now, but it’s a fact).

I’m sure Kathryn probably is mixed too, but if you’re going to grandstand about it, primarily to add to your laundry list of labels and increase your oppression points… nah, not having it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Err .... What? Who pronounces Kathryn that way? The name had two syllables (not three) and the stress is in the first syllable (not the last). What's Ms Bristow on about?
Hilarious that in addition to all the other labels they are now making up bizarre pronunciation too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Exactly that. My children are mixed race, but remarkably white passing, and I’m aware that they benefit from white privilege (which feels like a weird thing to say about two young kids who are thankfully oblivious to race issues right now, but it’s a fact).

I’m sure Kathryn probably is mixed too, but if you’re going to grandstand about it, primarily to add to your laundry list of labels and increase your oppression points… nah, not having it.
Strangely one of my children looks mixed, genetics are a funny thing lol. Only time I've really had to bring up the fact I myself am mixed is when people question her colouring. Maybe I should just pop it in my bio, I've a few things that I could add to make me more special/less privileged, could really jazz up my insta bio 🤔 😆

• Haha
Fae/faer? Anyone tries that with me in real life and they will be told to duck off.
What does that mean? Are they saying that they are one of the faery folk?
I need proof for that.... you know tiny stature, wings, evidence of special powers etc 😉😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a nosey on Kat Bristow’s page. Just incase you were wondering what abrosexual meant (sure you weren’t but good for a laugh anyway).

It does make you wonder if they are so desperate to be women why do they hate actual women so much? It just makes me think they are hateful, frustrated gay guys who are jealous of women but hate them at the same time. It’s all so weird 🥴
I wonder why they feel the need to constantly declare their sexual preferences, almost on a daily basis? I've never heard of Kat Bristow, but even those who have, surely aren't really interested in her (TW?) seemingly ever-changing sexuality? I assume that Kat uses Twitter to muse upon the many failings of the world at large, like not accommodating her desire to use women's facilities and safe spaces on demand, etc etc? Changing her sexual preferences so often surely makes it much more difficult to know what it is that she actually wants from the rest of us?
And what the hell is "ace"? 🙄

I wonder why they feel the need to constantly declare their sexual preferences, almost on a daily basis? I've never heard of Kat Bristow, but even those who have, surely aren't really interested in her (TW?) seemingly ever-changing sexuality? I assume that Kat uses Twitter to muse upon the many failings of the world at large, like not accommodating her desire to use women's facilities and safe spaces on demand, etc etc? Changing her sexual preferences so often surely makes it much more difficult to know what it is that she actually wants from the rest of us?
And what the hell is "ace"? 🙄
I think we should all start to identify as straight men when it comes to discussions about pay at work 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t care what anyone says, this is grooming. There’s nothing age appropriate about ‘pole fitness’ for kids.
Yes, yes and yes.

I can’t abide “pole fitness” for adults either. It’s creepy. I don’t care if it takes a lot of strength to hang off a pole.

Reactions: 14
Screenshot_20211010-215159_Instagram.jpg

This kind of stuff really bothers me, like your parents probably want what's best for you, this random stranger just wants woke points! You really need validation that much you think some weirdo giving "mom hugs" is a better parent now?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Yes, yes and yes.

I can’t abide “pole fitness” for adults either. It’s creepy. I don’t care if it takes a lot of strength to hang off a pole.
agreed,I totally get it takes a huge amount of fitness, but there it no reason that is requires heels and skimpy clothes

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you've ever come across Phoebe Fuller, there's some very serious and disturbing stuff that's come out about her.

She's someone who is reasonably prominent in the GC online sphere. I think it's a good reminder that online there will always be some fucked up people, regardless of which side. Makes it doubly important to stay critical and challenge things that don't seem right.
There are always going to be unpleasant people. Knowing that sex is real doesn't equate into being a good person.

I feel that one of the lessons of woke-ism is that you can't just assume that, because a person has the 'right opinions', that that makes them a good person. Similarly its also told me the danger of labels, like I wouldn't call myself a radfem because I don't want to have the pressure to conform to set ways of thinking in order to please a group.

Reactions: 17
I'm spending too much time on Twitter - but interesting comments on this thread about declaring pronouns - women seem more inclined to 'be kind' and declare their she/her pronouns, which is viewed as submissive behaviour by some

Interesting thread. I do see it as submissive in the workplace. A lot of women now saying she/her in their signatures and a few men at my place. I just see them all as weak now. It's not made it into actual meetings though, it seems like none has dared to start it off into actual announcement at start of meetings. It's all in the e-sig as a performative gesture I suppose.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.