Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
F-Ventrella has amended the message on Instagram. I have screenshot the post, but I also screenshot the original and attach both her in case he deletes post completely. First one is amended, second is original
This guy is an actual moron. How the hell is he an academic. There’s a huge implication here that he can’t make his argument that drag and black face aren’t the same without libelling Stock. Because you would not be sued for such an argument. He clearly means he can’t say that without calling her transphobic etc - well then he’s a crap academic and that’s not Stock’s fault.

Reactions: 14
Very pleased to hear this being restated. In the interviews I have listened to with Kathleen Stock she has said that her Uni have been completely supportive. I don't think that she would have published her book otherwise. Thank duck the organisation has the courage to stand up to these disgusting bullies.

Reactions: 22
Very pleased to hear this being restated. In the interviews I have listened to with Kathleen Stock she has said that her Uni have been completely supportive. I don't think that she would have published her book otherwise. Thank duck the organisation has the courage to stand up to these disgusting bullies.
I'm actually amazed they have stood up for her. Brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That's a good statement from Sussex Uni. I really didn't expect it, thought they'd throw out some crap like "transphobia has no place on our campus"

Let's see what happens next.

Reactions: 20
That's a good statement from Sussex Uni. I really didn't expect it, thought they'd throw out some crap like "transphobia has no place on our campus"

Let's see what happens next.
That's honestly what I thought too, either that or they'd ignore it. We've become all too familiar with that kind of response

That Francesco dickfuck should be sanctioned for publicly supporting her harassment.

Reactions: 18
God he’s infuriating. I hate the way people like him throw around the word “ignorance” when they hardly have a firmly established and verified position. Just duck offffffffff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Are they scared cause they have been protected by stonewall to bully? Employment rights cover equality protection such as sex, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, so their job is safe unless there is good reason to be sacked.

Hope they carry through and that NHS follows quickly after

Reactions: 8
Are they scared cause they have been protected by stonewall to bully? Employment rights cover equality protection such as sex, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, so their job is safe unless there is good reason to be sacked.

We need it out of the NHS especially. Vulnerable people in need of care should not be chastised for believing in science. The BBC should be impartial also.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
really pleased with Hadley Freeman atm, I would have thought she would have just pandered to this nonsense like so much of the rest of the guardian
I don’t think she writes for them anymore, so she might feel more at ease saying what she thinks?

Reactions: 7
Another episode of violence against women, a medical student travelled to Brighton in disguise to throw sulphuric acid in his ex girlfriends face when she answered the door. Actually terrifying. He has been sentenced to 15 years in prison (11 before he can appeal) which frankly to me doesn’t sound long enough for someone capable of throwing acid at someone else! The poor girl has permanently been blinded in her right eye, she was a junior doctor and now may never work again

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I don’t think she writes for them anymore, so she might feel more at ease saying what she thinks?
does she not? there is an article published today written by her, but I guess it could have been written a while ago

Reactions: 1
A medical student? Why go into medicine to heal if you are a violent thug?

does she not? there is an article published today written by her, but I guess it could have been written a while ago
I don’t know to be honest. I read somewhere that her column had gone?!

Reactions: 3

If they are scared (they aren’t) then they can go and work somewhere else. It’s not a requirement for employers to pander to the politics of their employees.

None shall leave.

Reactions: 5
Finally the adults are back in the room.

Bloody TRA’s are like toddlers, can’t leave them alone for a second without them causing absolute chaos.
I hope other universities start to take Sussex's lead on this when it inevitably happens again

Reactions: 13
She stopped writing thr column but continues to do longer interviews for them. She wrote about her decision in her last column. Nothing nefarious.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.