Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

sorry if already shared 💪🏻💜💚🤍
Honestly if this were all currently true (marginalised in society etc) we wouldn't have a huge growing number of people choosing to fall under the trans umbrella, which many are doing as it feels better right now than being a "cishet"

As for life saving operations, I assume they mean their trans surgery? Because I'm positive trans people don't get denied any other surgery more than the average person? The wait times are huge for everyone on the NHS, and because of this I actually think trans surgery shouldn't actually be on the NHS at all, funds would be better spent elsewhere. Its cosmetic in my opinion, and my body gets me down a for several reasons, I don't feel entitled to NHS support for it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
This is a TRA demo outside the 'transphopic' Guardian yesterday - some excellent comments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Before this bunch became radical and nasty I was quite sympathetic to gender dysphoria and to trans people in general. That's all they have done is now make me completely unsupportive of even the concept of being trans at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This is a TRA demo outside the 'transphopic' Guardian yesterday - some excellent comments

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the guardian previously seen as "woke"

You really must tow the line 100% or you're an enemy eh. Even trans people themselves getting accused of "internalised transphobia" if they don't agree fully with everything 🙄

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
08B44AC6-9EA0-457E-A194-7A89C550CD08.jpeg

I see transgender Meat Loaf is there again. For someone who is ‘disabled’ they do really well to be able to travel round the country shouting at women.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Before this bunch became radical and nasty I was quite sympathetic to gender dysphoria and to trans people in general. That's all they have done is now make me completely unsupportive of even the concept of being trans at all.
I think most of us were the same. I don't doubt trans people have their struggles and I've seen it first hand (a good friend has made numerous suicide attempts and struggled with his gender for years) but self ID is open to abuse as we've seen.

What makes me even angrier is seeing young women (the she/they blue haired crowd) buy into this tit as well. And it only benefits trans women who have previously lived as male. Sorry to say but a lot of trans women aren't our sisters.

I'm also seeing more young people in general getting sucked in, like the Sussex Uni incident yesterday - a lot of students simply get caught up in it to look good and don't really know what it's all about. I was the same when I was a student, except we used to occupy buildings back then and not participate in targeted harassment against female academics. That's the difference. There's a real nasty mob mentality now.

Reactions: 27
It’s the nasty mob mentality and aggression that bothers me so much with TRAs. There are other actually oppressed groups in our society who don’t state their cause in such a vile and aggressive way. Any sympathy I once had for trans people is pretty much gone. I won’t be told what to think! And I would never in a million years be violent towards anyone, no matter how much I disagree with their beliefs.

Reactions: 21
The pronoun people at work I have noticed some now included a rainbow coloured heart. I assume it's to declare their sexuality but I could be wrong. I doubt myself these days. One even has Mr and then his full name and then his pronouns. Stupid twit. When I see pronouns I think oh duck off.
My friend is called Jamie and she always just puts a (miss) after her name as people think she's a man otherwise. She won't put pronouns as she thinks people will assume she's trans and/or a woke sheep.

id this the same person who was screaming at women about being witches?
Sure is

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
id this the same person who was screaming at women about being witches?
I believe so.

I remember students occupying buildings over a deacade ago when I was a student, at least with that noone got hurt as far as I know, and it wasn't targeted to an individual. My worry now is with Kathleen Stock, her university is thankfully supporting her but the emotion and stress will be taking its toll on her and her loved ones. I know I'd be an absolute wreck if someone targeted my friend or partner or family like this, let alone being the actual target. I do worry that other uni students will do a copy cat thing to find a "Terf" academic in their own unis to target. This will not be an isolated case.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
It is too too funny to see wokesters lose their tit over Dave La Chapelle's Netflix show and how he was supportive of JK Rowling. Too funny to see them turn on him for being the wrong kind of black man. I saw a comment that went something like "he has come from a wealthy and well connected background so he is too privileged to understand how trans are marginalised". Oh really? I thought, according to far lefties, that a well connected and wealthy black person was more oppressed than a poor white working class person. Amazing how their goalposts and rules change to suit their narrative

Reactions: 30
I am sympathetic. I've spent my entire adult life around LGBT people, I think gender non-conformity is a normal part of the human experience (since gender roles are externally imposed) and as much as I've been called a TERF I don't even think that trans women should necessarily be excluded from all women-only spaces. I just think it requires nuanced discussion, which isn't happening, and the needs of women are constantly being pushed aside to accommodate literally everyone else.

The fact that trans rights activists will deny reality and refuse to acknowledge that trans women have harmed and sexually assaulted women in prisons etc. shows how little of a duck they actually give about women. And despite the fact that it's men who are a danger to trans people, they constantly go after women. It's very telling.

Reactions: 18
They want to be us but hate us.

If I ever see a pronoun these days it's an instant dislike for me.

Reactions: 23
I am sympathetic. I've spent my entire adult life around LGBT people, I think gender non-conformity is a normal part of the human experience (since gender roles are externally imposed) and as much as I've been called a TERF I don't even think that trans women should necessarily be excluded from all women-only spaces. I just think it requires nuanced discussion, which isn't happening, and the needs of women are constantly being pushed aside to accommodate literally everyone else.

The fact that trans rights activists will deny reality and refuse to acknowledge that trans women have harmed and sexually assaulted women in prisons etc. shows how little of a duck they actually give about women. And despite the fact that it's men who are a danger to trans people, they constantly go after women. It's very telling.
I think that I had no issue with transsexuals in women's spaces. Like most people I trusted that a "sex change" was a fully neutered man who just wanted to live as a woman, be accepted as a woman and posed no threat to women. I never ever thought about where they would be imprisoned etc. Its the fact that now the meaning of trans has changed and the conduct of the majority and their supporters that for me meant I had to question the wider issues and implications of that.
It was the Liam Madigan creature that made me a TERF. I could not believe in a Labour Party that allowed and actively supported self id. My grandad was TU official he passed away feeling betrayed by Labour.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.