Gemma Louise Miles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The award for the worse show ever...... i wasted 9 minutes of my life. No more Jemma

Reactions: 6
Yeah what is the weird obsession with the whole cosy thing?? The minute it turned September her and Elle just immediately started pushing “it’s autumn and winter so it’s cosy time!”
Yeah then they all bogged off abroad not just elle and gemma but all the autumn loving influenzas🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I’m sorry but there is something terribly wrong if you are using weighing yourself daily as motivation and it’s actually really quite sad if she is especially when she is already so tiny. I also think it is wrong she is encouraging this behaviour especially when a lot of her followers are really young girls.
Weighing daily is actually a better way to weigh than weighing weekly. Since I started daily weighing, my relationship with food and my weight is so much better. Not saying that’s the case for Gemma - but there’s nothing wrong with daily weighing

Reactions: 5
Weighing daily is actually a better way to weigh than weighing weekly. Since I started daily weighing, my relationship with food and my weight is so much better. Not saying that’s the case for Gemma - but there’s nothing wrong with daily weighing
That just goes to show why we shouldn't judge or comment on others relationships with weight & food. For me, daily weighing is very dangerous & triggers disordered eating patterns, but it's clearly the opposite for you so we don't know what the case is for Gemma. However, I do find it really irresponsible for her to advertise this on her SM, especially as she's made reference to an eating disorder before because it is potentially harmful & triggering for others who are watching. Whilst I'm trying not to be a censored person & believe everyone has the right to share what they want because let's be honest there will always be someone flailing their arms in uproar over what someone said or did, I do feel ad's around eating/dieting need to be done in a more sensitive way, especially as she has a larger following.

Reactions: 8
That just goes to show why we shouldn't judge or comment on others relationships with weight & food. For me, daily weighing is very dangerous & triggers disordered eating patterns, but it's clearly the opposite for you so we don't know what the case is for Gemma. However, I do find it really irresponsible for her to advertise this on her SM, especially as she's made reference to an eating disorder before because it is potentially harmful & triggering for others who are watching. Whilst I'm trying not to be a censored person & believe everyone has the right to share what they want because let's be honest there will always be someone flailing their arms in uproar over what someone said or did, I do feel ad's around eating/dieting need to be done in a more sensitive way, especially as she has a larger following.
The first line - isn’t that exactly what you’re doing though?

When I was weekly weighing I’d practically starve myself the day before/the day I weighed so I’d show a loss, then binge after I’d weighed knowing I had a week to “get it off”

By weighing daily, and taking a weekly average - I can see that lots of different things can affect my weight, not just food.

If I weigh heavy the day after a meal out, it doesn’t phase me, because my lower weight the rest of the week will even it out. Whereas before, if I’d have been going for a meal the day before my weigh day, I wouldn’t have enjoyed it, and then been in tears when I weighed the next day because I’d “gained”

Reactions: 1

When I was weekly weighing I’d practically starve myself the day before/the day I weighed so I’d show a loss, then binge after I’d weighed knowing I had a week to “get it off”

By weighing daily, and taking a weekly average - I can see that lots of different things can affect my weight, not just food.

If I weigh heavy the day after a meal out, it doesn’t phase me, because my lower weight the rest of the week will even it out. Whereas before, if I’d have been going for a meal the day before my weigh day, I wouldn’t have enjoyed it, and then been in tears when I weighed the next day because I’d “gained”
I wasn't judging in my post, I was just proving what is right for one isn't necessarily right for another. And that will be the same for many that was my point about not judging. The point I wanted to get across is she should just be a bit more responsible with her advertising, I don't care if she weighs daily if it's healthy for her but as she is getting paid for these ads and has a larger following I just wish she had done the ad a bit more sensitively that's all. I have no issue with anyone who weighs themselves daily if they have a healthy relationship with food, I'm constantly working towards a healthier relationship myself so I genuinely applaud anyone who is in that place. Sorry if I didn't get that across in my original post.

Also, I'd just like to add I very clearly said in my original post that the case that I can't weigh daily is different for you so we don't know if its also the case for Gemma, she may be doing it with a very positive, healthy attitude similar to yours. Again, I wasn't judging.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I do feel ad's around eating/dieting need to be done in a more sensitive way, especially as she has a larger following.
strongly agree with this, weighing yourself daily is a sign of an active eating disorder, especially in someone who admits to suffering with an eating disorder in the past.

I don’t care if someone weighs themselves on the hour every hour but keep that tit away from your impressionable audience.
The more I watch her the more I become angry at idiots like this making a fortune from showing us how to bleeping go to bed.
She’s an idiot.

Reactions: 12
strongly agree with this, weighing yourself daily is signs of an active eating disorder, especially in someone who admits to suffering with an eating disorder in the past.

I don’t care if someone weighs themselves on the hour every hour but keep that tit away from your impressionable audience.
The more I watch her the more I become angry at idiots like this making a fortune from showing us how to bleeping go to bed.
She’s an idiot.
i think its really irresponsible of the company too- theyve contacted someone who has made it known before she has had an eating disorder and i think this could be triggering for her. i’m a fan of gemma, so i find it all quite worrying. and i agree it could trigger her audience as well. i’m just disappointed with the company willing to make a buck at whatever cost

Reactions: 4
Watching this week's vlogmas and I fully love Sophie but feel like everytime gemma is round her she puts on a facade. Sophie is 100% the only real reason im still subbed to this channel

Reactions: 4
I just had a quick look at her weekly vlog.....god she's boring spent most of the vlog showing us food in supermarkets then it was a night in with sophie but I clicked off before that part started.

Reactions: 3
Deep down I still like Gemma, there's things that bug me about her but there's still some videos of hers that I don't mind watching. But todays vlog is beyond boring & I'm so close to unsubscribing. She builds up all this festive content she has coming but it's just last years content repeated. I'm sure we have seen her wake up in grinch pj's & light a cosy Christmassy candle ten thousand times already! What was that section on party food?! It took up pretty much half the vlog. I do like Sophie though, she seems down to earth & a good laugh!

Reactions: 11
She must pay Sophie....I really need to know if she pays her. 🤣🤣

he channel would be so boring if it was just her alone

Reactions: 7
She must pay Sophie....I really need to know if she pays her. 🤣🤣

he channel would be so boring if it was just her alone
I have a feeling she does, Sophie seems more available recently than she has done before. But then again Sophie being more present was also the reason I questioned Gemma being single again, well & the radio silence on Jamie. There's no denying though that Sophie is more entertaining than Gemma :ROFLMAO: I think Gemma knows that though lol

• Sad
Reactions: 9
we discussed her talons last week, now she mentions it and she is going to shorten her nails. You welcome Jemma ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
God another AD in vlogmas week 2, same intro of her waking up and making a hot drink, same music, same tit her content is honestly so boring!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.